3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Incorrect file sizes

Importing work into After Effects adds 6 pixels to the file size — very generous. This software keeps on giving.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Control Click to Select Objects Behind" not working

I've contacted Adobe about this in the past. It is still not working. I have selected "Control Click to Select Objects Behind" in Preferences...and yet this does not work. Please get it to work. It's a pretty important function.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Artboard names/numbers not showing up in the upper-left corner

I just upgraded to Sierra OS and the artboard numbers/names are now missing from the upper left hand corner. This is very inconvenient for multi-page documents to be managed and printed. Im using Illustrator CC 2014 and work for a design company so we have a corporate license. Any solution for this known problem yet? As everyone gets upgraded to the new OS we will all be experiencing the same issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Artboard name - Export for screens bug

Latest version of CC.
    If you name an artboard with a "/" in the name - when you go to export for srceens and choose artboards - it'll report an error.

For example an Artboard called Sign In / Registration will produce an error when trying to save the artboard using "Export for Screens".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is working as designed.
    Windows has some limitation that is cannot have “/” and several other characters in the name of a file. So we restricted them from being added from Export for Screens dialog( for consistency purpose on both Windows and Macintosh ). Though we can have them from artboards panel but when you will export the artboard (through older route) those will be replaced by a “-”.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitish Agarwal

5. Blank pop-up window appears after opening an .ai file

Currently running:
    macOS Catalina v. 10.15.6
    iMac 27"
    3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Memory
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1GB Graphics card

Everytime I open an .ai file a blank dialog box appears with nothing on it except for the close/minimize buttons on the top left. I'm able to close the box out and view my work but this happens every time I open a file. Also attached a screen shot as well as spindump of Adobe Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Freezing when selecting multiple artboards

Windows 10 Ver.2004 (build 19041.421)
    Illustrator Ver 24.2.1

1. Make multiple artboards

2. Select two artboards

This operation freezes the operation of Illustrator.

This problem does not occur in Ver.23.1 and 22.1.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Smart Guides buggy at artboard corners

When resizing snapping shapes or objects, Illustrator smart guides alert user that object is being snapped to corner or intersect, however it isn't actually, and it's not until you zoom right in that you realise it hasn't.

Snap to Pixel is turned off. Smart Guides are turned on.
    There is no 'anchor' at that location other than the Artboard Edge.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Guides and Alignment

While guides have been placed in artboard objects will no longer align to artboard rather they extend far beyond the current artboard.

At the moment the only solution I've found to work is clearing the guides.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Trim marks do not scale

In latest versin of illustrator canvas is increased, but trim marks got issues when making sizes over 5x5m. when making file with multiple atrboards that exceeds 5x5m trim marks scale to 10x size, just like they would if you made the file 1:10

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Workspaces not working

So, when i downloaded AI for the first time with under v24.2.1, i opened AI and then when i want to opened file or made a new project ... the landing page is still there while the file opened, how to fix this problem?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can't create artboard from rectangle - Illustrator 24.2

That's all. It says that it can't create artoboards from rotated rectangles or masks. It's a freshly created rectangle.

This version of AI seems to be very buggy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. black screen bug

When creating a new document or opening an existing document in Illustrator, I get a black screen (see attached). I have to resize the window to be able to work. This is not ok.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Artboard Missing

When I open the saved file, I find my artboards missing. The weird part is it saves my work. So every time I open the file I have to create new artboards for the layout I had done.
    Attached Adobe Files consists of 2 layouts:
    Page 1: Original Layout
    Page 2: When I re-open the file. I find all the artboards missing except for a default artboard.

Very frustrating to recreate the artboards every time.

Thanks
    Regards

Mahesh Sutar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Cmd+drag does not copy artboard

Cmd+drag only moves selected artboard. No copy possible. No layers or content are protected. Option to copy artwork with dartboard is selected.

Mac OS Catalina and latest version of Adobe

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. OS10.13.6 — Illustrator 24.1.2: Paste does NOT remember layers. Oddly, the same thing happened with another upgrade about 1-2 years ago.

OS10.13.6 — Illustrator 24.1.2: Paste does NOT remember layers. Oddly, the same thing happened with another upgrade about 1-2 years ago.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Snap to grid doesn't work in new documents

Snap to grid doesn't work at all in new documents. It works with no issues whatsoever in old files, but whenever I create a new one, nothing snaps to grid. I tried restarting, didn't work, and the software is up to date. Any help would be appreciated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. artboard/canvas will not center; confined to top left corner

Artboard snapping to top left corner of window- zoomed at 67%;
    snapped to right of window at 100%

Following your post instructions ....

1. On Windows 10 latest; Adobe Illustrator latest (on cloud) -

2. Believe I was scrolling the canvas - may have zoomed out

3. Expect canvas to reduce and stay centered

4. Canvas snapped to top left and when I zoomed back to 100 % it snapped initially to top right

Please fix (it has happened a few times) - thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Guides are barely visible bug

After the latest Illustrator 24.1.2 update, guides, when they are not selected are barely visible. As seen in the attached file.

Can we fix this bug please? Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Rulers disappear at restart.

Even If I have checked "Show/Hide Rulers Across All Documents" every time I restart Illustrator, I have to activate rulers AGAIN. Come on guys, you always need a wheel to drive a car, we always need rulers ON. Help us with this bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. smart align

Stacked objects throw off smart align! so frustrating! Won't even align to the document bounds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base