2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. AI displays the START SCREEN on opening the file and the document view do not switches (refreshes) the file content.

v 22.1

When trying to open an existing file while Illustrator is closed, the software will lag and then hang on the opening screen. The file appears to be opened in the background, but there's no way to access or see it. The opening screen will give options to open additional files or create a new one (as usual) but when trying to do either, nothing will open and no New File Options menu will appear.

Everything will work normally only if I open Illustrator first and then the file.

This happens will every file I've tried, so this isn't…

196 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

190 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Apologies for the delay in responding back on this issue. In this thread there are multiple issues being discussed & if your issue is not similar to the below two issues then you need to create a new User Voice thread for that:
    1. On opening a file in Illustrator the START SCREEN do not gets dismissed and the file’s content is not visible.
    2. While working on a file and opening a new one the document view sticks to the old file and do not switches to the new file artwork.

In both the cases all the panels gets refreshed as per the artwork in the last opened file.

If you are encountering the above two issues with the latest version of Illustrator (23.0.4 on MAC & 23.0.3 on WINDOWS) then please drop an email at sharewithai@adobe.com along with this thread link so that we can…

2. MAC: System has run out of memory and force quits - Activity Monitor shows > 100GB

After launching Illustrator it will force quit with an error message "your system has run out of application memory." I have 8GB of memory and no other applications are open or running when I launch Illustrator. I am noticing in the activity monitor that illustrator is using a large amount of memory, extremely higher that usual. This started happening a few days ago and I have no changes to my OS or updates to Illustrator CC

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

3. Adobe Illustrator CC 23.0.1 2019 Not Responding when opening file & Slow on Start MACOS Mohave 10.14.1

1. Adobe Illustrator CC 23.0.1 2019 / MACOS Mohave 10.14.1
    2.1 Slow or Not Responding - Launch Adobe Illustrator - by clicking on icon in dock or in applications folder
    2.2 If it launches - Click on Open from Dashboard and try to open a file - it becomes non-responsive or takes forever.
    2.2.1 Tried opening ai files (any of them I have) directly- same issue
    2.2.1 Tried to command copy and save to change location I have filed stored - it copies to new location, including adobe cloud, same issue
    2.2.3 New files never show up in recent files…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you by this issue.

Since there are lot of issues mentioned in this single thread & we need to escalates them one by one, we are closing this thread as we are not able to repro these at our side.

Please create individual threads for each of the issues.

You can also email to rbhunwalATTHERATEadobeDOTcom so that we can have an online session to see what is happening on your system & then isolate these issue further.

With Best Regards,
    Illustrator Team

4. Unstable CC 2019 in Mojave

Illustrator CC 2019 on OSX Mojave is completely unstable.
    Ive been working on a few files today, Illustrator crashes within 3mins of working on a file and there is no recovery file, so basically I lose what I am working on. Im now saving every 30 sec anticipating a crash. At first I htought it was a font conflict, so I outlined all of hte fonts. Nope, still crashes. Next I will uninstall Illust CC19 and re-install.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Illustrator 23.0.1 crashing almost immediately after launch

I am running Mojave 10.14.2 (system screenshot attached). Every time I start Illustrator, it runs for 5-10 seconds and then crashes. There are no error messages; it just dies. The same thing happens with InDesign. Photoshop appears to run without issue.

I have tried looking for updates in the CC app, but it says that the programs are all up to date.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the software, but the issue remains.

I have seen responses for similar issues where Adobe techs say that the issue has been fixed on version 23.0.1, but that is not the case;…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Illustrator 2019 Crashes on startup

I've upgraded to the latest Illustrator (2019), but it crashes on startup. I have tried uninstalling it and re-installing it, but it still crashes. I've re-installed it with fresh preferences, e.g. not importing settings from the previous version and it still will not startup. The same thing is also happening to InCopy.??

Luckily I did not remove the previous version.

Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it??

I'm running a MacPro (Late 2013), 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32GB RAM, AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB, with macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

7. Illustrator CC2019 isn't allowing me to create new documents. At all.

Illustrator CC2019 isn't allowing me to create new documents. At all.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

8. Takes about 15 minutes to open/unfreeze

Since the last update 22.1 it takes about 15 minutes to open...
    I get a white frozen screen for an average of 15 minutes with just the contour of the app...and than it open nomally.

My system:
    Windows 10 Pro
    Illustrator CC

Hopefully you can help

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hang/Freeze when trying to open an Illustrator file with a placed PDF/Image

1. MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 and Illustrator 23.x.x
    2. Opening an Illustrator file. (It doesn't matter if Illustrator is already open or not.)
    3. The expected result is that the file will open as normal.
    4. Actual result is Illustrator hangs/freezes for upwards of 15-20 minutes before it will open the file.

As i mentioned in the title, this only happens when I am trying to open an Illustrator file that has a placed PDF inside. Specifically they are Nutritional Facts panels or Supplement Facts panels that were built in InDesign and exported as PDFs. Then the PDFs are placed…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. home screen keeps loading

When starting Illustrator after the splash screen the Home screen keeps loading. It never loads, even after hours. Your man from the support center couldnt fix it either. You may disable the home screen in the prefs but thats a workaround I dont prefer. I found deleting your temp in users/username/appdata/local/temp works but thats plain ******** if you ask me. Solution? Please?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. TorqExtension.aip error

When opening Illustrator CC, I get this error on launch:

"The procedure entry point ?getAvailableLocales@Collator@icu@@SAPEBVLocale@2@AEAH@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library icui18n.dll."

This is followed by an error:

"Error loading plugins.
    TorqExtension.aip"

Please advise how to resolve these errors..

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Illustrator CC 2017 crashes computer on macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I didn't know there were serious compatibility issues between Adobe CC and macOS 10.13 High Sierra until after I upgraded.

Within seconds of launching Illustrator it freezes my entire machine and my only option is a hard reboot.

Please provide a status update on when this issue will be fixed. I rely on CC for my job and will have to migrate back to 10.12 Sierra in the interim.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Illustrator locks down when a new file tab is clicked

1. click file
    2. click new
    3. never opens new file window
    4. entire program freezes

same thing happens with keyboard shortcut

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Very long loading splash screen after update 23.0.1

After newest update 23.01 splash screen freeze on trying to initialise SmartEditUI.aip for few minutes (and crash if I try click on it at this time)

This only happens at the first time start.

On the adobe forum I see that people have the same problem
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2550614

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

15. New document causes crash

When starting a new document, the first thing that Illustrator does is crash. Doesn't matter what the size of the document is.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "open file"

Illustrator won't open more than one file.

With version 23.0.1, Illustrator will permit to open only one single file. The first file can be opened by any method, any subsequent file can only be opened using "File/Open" command. Using Windows Explorer or Drag&Drop does not work! and will freeze Illustrator; ending the application is only possible using the Windows Task Manager.
    I'm running Illustrator CC (23.0.1 64-bit) ond Windows 10 Enterprise (10.0.16299).

THX for fixing this!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Illustrator freezes on exit

Illustrator dow not properly exit. It freezes when closing the app. Im using latest version of Illustrator CC 2018, latest Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, and latest plugins by Astute Graphics.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Illustrator File opens to Work/Learn Screen

I have Illustrator CC and after the most recent update, almost every time I open a file in Illustrator after turning on my computer, it opens the file but the Work/Learn screen is still up.

I can see my file's layers in the layers panel in the bottom right corner but the screen doesn't show it. I can click around and it's saying I'm selecting things but I can't get the Work/Learn screen off so I have to restart Illustrator over and over again until I can get it to work.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. New document selection goes completely black

When I select new document icon. The new document pop opens up but its fully blac.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. v23.0 files won't open with v23.01 update, Unknown error occurring

Can't open v23.0 ai files since the update to v23.01. The program doesn't even attempt to open, an error pops up saying "an unknown error has occurred"
    Help please,
    this is making work very difficult

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base