3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Maintain width and Height Proportions bug

This has been a bug for at least a version or two: draw a shape, go to transform it in the Properties panel, and even though the "Maintain width and Height Properties" icon indicates "not constrained", adjusting one of the dimensions adjusts the other proportionally. This seems to happen only in a fresh file (perhaps fresh launch of Illustrator), and once I click and unclick the Constrain button once, it doesn't recur in that session.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0gqadn2lezzq7n/Constraint%20bug.mov?dl=0

So in the screen grab above, I draw a box freehand, then in the Properties panel, begin adjusting the height with my arrow keys.…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Properties panel bug

When you edit word in properties panel and you want to change first few letters in word from normal to bold. It will show you change but when you deselect type tools it will change entire word to bold. But if you go trough type panel everything is fine.

And if you change stroke size in properties panel to 0,5 pt it will apply 5 pt, for 0,25 pt 25 pt and for 0,75pt 75pt stroke.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Properties panel causing inconsistent tab group behaviour

The new Properties panel has a fixed width. When it's in a tab group with panels that don't have a fixed width (eg. the Layers panel), the tab group exhibits different behaviours depending on whether the tab group is docked or free-floating.

When the tab group is free floating, switching between the tabs causes the panel to change width according to each tab's setting, which is what you would expect. Eg. Go to the Layers tab and make the panel very wide. Switch to the Properties tab and the panel auto-shrinks. Switch back to the Layers panel and the width…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Transform Panel – Nudge using arrow keys problem

In investigating my own question from in the user forum (https://forums.adobe.com/message/10238447#) I discovered that there is a disconnect between the Transform panel that is embedded in the properties panel and the Transform panel that you access via the Window dropdown.

The free floating TRANSFORM panel you access from the Window dropdown works just like it always did... when I put my cursor in the X, Y, W or H and click an up or down arrow key it first rounds to the nearest .125" then increases or decreases .125" at a time (assuming the units are set to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can't Edit Text in a Group/Clipping Mask

In 2018 AI CC, after using a group/clipping mask with text on the inside, you can not edit your text when you double click on the clipping group/mask directly. The Properties panel doesn't display the character settings. See my screenshot

So, to get around this, I have to cut the text out, paste on the main layer, edit it and then cut/paste it back inside my group/clipping mask.
    Or, release the entire mask, make my edits then re-group/mask it afterwards. Or I have to open the separate character panel.

As opposed to the way it should. The only way the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Rotation resets to 0

If you rotate groups the properties panel always resets the rotation value back to 0 meaning I have to remember the value I used if I want to put it back or if I want other shapes to match the rotation at a later time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Inconsistent dot/comma stroke pulldown menus

just noticed something strange in the pulldown menu of the new Properties panel. The values for thickness are marked with a dot for decimals, while all the other panels use a comma.

In the picture you can see the pull down showing values with ".xx pt" while the stroke has a thickness of ",xx pt" (obtained through the Strokes panel)

This causes the 0.5pt selection in the Properties menu to make strokes with a 5 pt thickness, and NOT 0.5 pt.
    (When I select the thickness through the regular Strokes panel it says 0,5 pt and ends up with 0,5…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Properties panel contents scaling and freezing

The contents of the Properties panel is scaling down to tiny sizes. It doesn't reset until you quit and reopen Illustrator (CC 2018).

The scaling happens with ⌘+scroll while hovering on the panel. The contents will scale up or down as long as you are holding the ⌘, but if you let it go while the contents are scaled down the panel with freeze at that scale and won't respond to ⌘+scroll anymore. The panel's functions still seem to work fine after this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  6 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Properties Panel and Transform Panel measurements should be exactly the same not rounded in the Properties Panel

Properties Panel and Transform Panel measurements should be exactly the same not rounded in the Properties Panel.

Properties Panel rounds measurements to .000 decimal places but the transform panel allows .0000 four decimal places. This is inconsistent and is confusing to my team trying to double check our files for accuracy.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. transform panel units differerent than property panel transform

Transform panel reads in inches as it should but in the properties panel the transform panel shows points. Latest version of Illustrator CC2018, Windows 7. Also if the values are unlinked to resize only 1 dimension both still change.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Shape panel measurements vs. Transform panel measurements

The measurements (width and height) on the Shape panel are inverted compared to the measurements on the Transform panel. The transform panel shows the correct measurements, but no the Space panel. Please fix so that both panels have the same measurement.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. when setting the leading, cannot select "auto"

when trying to set the leading, cannot re-select "auto"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can't click on properties dropdowns

I just updated AI to the newest release and suddenly I'm unable to access extended properties not displayed on the main panel nor will it let me select and change colors via the properties panel. I also don't like that you've all decided what tools I work with constantly, I need to be able to customize what I need to keep open for my workflow optimization. Because if I could, I could work around this bug.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. workspace options not available

I can't figure this out. Clearly someone else has had this issue, but there is no published solution. From your archive:

"Workspaces not working, all panels hidden on start up.
    Just update to CC23.0.1 and when I start up Illustrator all the panels are turned off and my workspace won't change or reset.

I can turn on the panels manually, but it resets when I close Illustrator. The reset, new workspace and manage workspaces options are greyed out. If I try to change the workspace nothing happens.

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Intel i7-7700
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 750 Ti

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. file stuck in global edit & global edit is missing from properties panel

file stuck in global edit & global edit is missing from properties panel.
    closing file and reopening does not work. saving as other does not work. etc
    illustrator cc 23 on mac os x sierra 10.12.6

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Properties panel showing wrong properties and text attributes all the time

Properties panel don't reflect correct properties and font kerning and size were not reflecting in the the properties box. Changing a text box affects another text and not the selected text. An yes, I have the latest version and have replaced preferences many times.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Properties Panel

Properties Panel constantly displaying wrong dimensions for width and height

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. chain icon in properties-window problem

the little chain icon in the properties-window usually displays the wrong state by startup of the program. as its klicked the first time it works fine. but not from the beginning. big issue i know but its annoying ;)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. layer

The layers panel does not work. You cannot turn layer visibility on or off. Even enable / disable the panel itself. It is necessary to correct this error!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)