5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Corner Anchor Points become Smooth in 24.1

Draw a straight line.
    Add Anchor points twice
    Use the Delete Anchor Point Tool to removwe the middle one.
    The adjoining Anchor point become smooth instead of staying Corner (as in previous versions).
    See also: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/anchor-point-glitch-during-removing-unnecessary-anchor-points-adobe-illustrator-24-1/m-p/10936870?page=1

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

2. delete anchor point tool selecting bottom object

When two anchors of different objects are layered on top of one another, the delete anchor point tool will always select the bottom object, whether I have the top object selected or not. The add anchor point tool and direct selection will select the top object, but I want to be able to delete the anchor from the top object without having to go into isolation mode. This wasn't the case in the previous version.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug: Shift + clicking anchor point with Delete Anchor Point tool doesn't retain curve shape

24.1.1 on Windows 10 and Mac Mojave

In CC 2020, Shift + clicking an anchor point with the Delete Anchor Point tool is supposed to work like the Simplify Path tool -- the shape of the curve shouldn't change. But even on a path with redundant anchors, this new shortcut doesn't work. The curve changes shape as in previous versions.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. After redo is different from before undo

The reproduction procedure is as follows.
    1. Create a point text containing two or more paragraphs
    2. Change the transformation reference point to a position other than the default position
    3. Transform it with the scaling tool

At this point, remember the state of the artboard.

Undo (command + Z) once.
    Then redo (command + shift + Z).
    It should be different from before undo.

I feel very threatened because I often do this by hand.

in Japanese
    再現手順は以下の通りです。
    1. 段落を2つ以上含むポイントテキストを作成
    2. 変形の基準点をデフォルトの位置以外に変更
    3. それを拡大・縮小ツールで変形

ここまで進めたら、アートボードの状態をよく覚えてください。

一回取り消し(command+Z)します。
    そしてやり直し(command+shift+Z)します。
    取り消し前と様子が違っているはずです。

私はこれを手癖でよくやるのでとてもこわいです。

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

5. Illustrator v24.0 on macOS 10.15.1: rotate-panel has changed to the bad side

The rotate-tool had the numeric angle-input activated till v23. now in v24, this field has to be selected manually, which costs me a lot of time. Please change this back. To me this bad for efficiency.

My workflow before:
    - select path
    - press command-R
    - enter angle
    - press enter
    I can do this blind and very fast.

My workflow now means to manually select the field for entering the rotating angle, which is very annoying ! It takes much more time to do this now.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 24.0.1

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Thanks
    Anish Kumar

6. Line tool is immune to the Constrain Angle

When you set up Constraint Angle to 30 or whatever is different form 0 or 90, pick up Line tool and hold Shift, it still snaps to 0, 45, 90, 135... instead of 30, 75, 120, 165...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Scissor Tool not working

The scissor tool doesn't divide a path. Trying to cut a circle that was created. even when enlarged to 600% I keep getting the error, "Please use the scissors tool on a segment or an anchor point (but not the endpoint of a path".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Pen tool issue since update 24.1.3(64bit)

When I go to use pen tool the cursor is 5mm away from the anchor point. When trying to draw with this there is a lot of jerking, and very little control. Also when moving vectors I have very little control over where it can be placed. Smart guides is no longer showing or working but is selected in menu. Not working today because of this. Thank you - Helen.

Microsoft Surface Studio 2
    Windows 10 64 bit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. unfilled Objects not Overlapping properly in Adobe Illustrator 2020(24.0.1)

In Adobe Illustrator 2020 v. 24.0.1, my shapes are not overlapping properly, When I overlap two different objects the overlapping area of behind object is not hiding, kindly help, I am stuck.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Anchor pointer options becomes active while having a drawing tool (rectangle, line etc) active

Draw some shapes. Now try to draw another shape/line starting from one of the anchor point of the previous shape. You can't because the anchor selection tool becomes active and it will take over the action. Thsi wasn't like that.

The alternative is to draw shapes somewhere else and move afterwards the anchors to snap together. But is very annoying !!!!
    Please fix it.
    Why the old applications work the best and the newer ones are totally messed up? Why break a thing that works?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The lines appear to be drawn when touching on the screen, but once pen is released the lines disperse

The lines appear to be drawn when touching on the screen, but once brush is released from the surface, the lines disperse as if they were never drawn,

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Selection Tool

When using the selection tool, I can't change the size of an object anymore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix NO handles on shapes

Shapes created with shape tools do NOT have corner rotate options available anymore.

I'm really starting to look into Corel Draw or really any other program just so I don't loose more work DAYS trying to figure out the latest friggin bug release - not seeing a lot of improvements just bugs.

How about you just leave things alone for a while and focus on quality and reliability.
    That'd be nice.

Adobe is making itself pointless and overly expensive with lost productivity.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Why can't you make snap work again?

I work with die cuts and i need precision. Don't remember from which version but illutrator sucks at snapping now. I mean all shapes i make get 20.001 or 19.999 and try using compound, it doesn't work! You can't draw with precision anymore.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Object Transform Reflect default bug

Small one, but the reflect tool doesn't seem to be saving last input, i.e. usually it will remember whether you last used reflect Horizontal, Vertical or Angle, but now it defaults seemingly at random. With perhaps a bit of a bias to Angle. Which I don't think I've actually ever used.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Missing center handles for extending lines

Missing the center handles for all lines, unable to extend lines properly (without scaling them) unless I switch to direct selection tool, which is a pain.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

85 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Anchor Points Automatically Go Back When Moved

If I create a shape such as using the Rectangle tool then I click on a single anchor point and move it with the Direct selection tool, it goes automatically back to the position that it was at instead of where I moved it. However, if I move the shape then select the single anchor point and move it then it will go to the position to where I moved it.

Here's the kicker. This happens some of the time and not all of the time so there is no consistancy to it. I mean I can completely bypass this…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Deselect All does nothing when you edit width profile of selected path

If you have a path selected and you work on editing its width markers with a proper tool and then Deselect all — path get deselected, but you still have your width markers active.

So, AI basically allows you to edit width markers on paths without selecting them. It can be treated both good and bad, but when I say 'Deselect' I usually mean 'Stop anything from being selected' in ANY meaning, including editing width profile. Pressing Escape helps, but... you just don't expect it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. No Rotate arrow for shapes

When creating shapes with the shape tool, the rotate arrow no longer shows up. If I click in the area where the rotate arrow would normally be, the shape will rotate and the rotate arrow then appears. Any other object other that shapes work as usual when rotating. I end up scaling objects trying to guess where the rotate arrow would be.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Tangent points move away from the path they are on after it is distorted

When you have a path (A), that starts on the curved segment of another path (B), and you distort them both as a single object, the starting point of the path A gets shifted so it doesn't lie on the path B anymore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base