Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Horizontal Distribute" buttons broken in Illustrator 24.2.1

Illustrator version 24.2.1 on Mac OS 10.14.6 When multiple objects in a row are selected and any of the Horizontal Distribute buttons are hit, the objects are stacked on top of each other instead of distributed out based on farthest left to right. It appears to be copying the function of Horizontal Align buttons.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Straight line extension does not work if the adjacent point has a handle

I have a shape.
    Some points of it have handles, some are not.
    For example, two points adjacent to the the bottom-most one: the right one has no handles, the left one has one.
    This, for some user-unfriendly reasons, matters and dictates Ai to draw an extension or not to.
    If I grab bottom point and try to move it along the right segment’s virtual extension, AI draws it for me and I can snap the point to it — 'because the adjacent point has no handles'.
    If I move this same point along the basically same straight left segment,…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Shape Builder ignores lines when they don’t cross a shape

Shape builder, despite the rounding bug that is embedded in its core (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/37424191-expanding-a-live-paint-object-changes-dimensions#comments) is still a very useful tool many users are very fond of.
    Specifically, it can be used to bring pathfinder options to open paths — you can delete parts of lines that are covered with another shape, effectively subtracting segments from them (rather than closed shapes), by Alt+dragging over this shape (see the GIF attached).
    But this nice trick won’t do the job if lines don’t cross the entire shape. That is when a line ends inside of a shape, the tool doesn’t trim it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Object Transform Reflect default bug

Small one, but the reflect tool doesn't seem to be saving last input, i.e. usually it will remember whether you last used reflect Horizontal, Vertical or Angle, but now it defaults seemingly at random. With perhaps a bit of a bias to Angle. Which I don't think I've actually ever used.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. delete anchor point tool selecting bottom object

When two anchors of different objects are layered on top of one another, the delete anchor point tool will always select the bottom object, whether I have the top object selected or not. The add anchor point tool and direct selection will select the top object, but I want to be able to delete the anchor from the top object without having to go into isolation mode. This wasn't the case in the previous version.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Scale tool does not remember previous percentage used

Illustrator 24.2.1 scale tool does not remember the previously used scale setting as it used to do in previous iterations of Illustrator. When you Option click with the scale tool, the dialogue box now shows a random scale amount, sometimes a negative number, sometimes even too large for the tool to be used.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Simplify tool (24.2.3) still doesn't work as expected

According to the answer from Adobe in this post ( https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/38726365-please-revise-the-new-tool-to-simplify-paths-once ) the new simplify tool is supposed to be updated and work better but it is unfortunately still unusable for us who simplify lines which originates from GIS softwares etc.

I can't understand how the new tool could simplify so strange and unusable.

Also as a bonus, when having more complex files, Illustrator 24 freezes when trying to simplify a line. Illustrator 2019 with old tool doesn't.

See attached image.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Individual anchor points fail to move with direct selection tool, and cannot add, delete or modify anchor points.

Individual anchor points fail to move with direct selection tool, and cannot add, delete or modify anchor points. It happens only after a period of time working in a file. If I cut and paste the shape, the ability to manipulate the anchors returns for a time. If I close and reopen the file, the same is true. Working in the print industry, this is a big waste of time dealing with this bug. Happening on all systems in the department. Also just updated to 24.2.3, no change.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Line tool is immune to the Constrain Angle

When you set up Constraint Angle to 30 or whatever is different form 0 or 90, pick up Line tool and hold Shift, it still snaps to 0, 45, 90, 135... instead of 30, 75, 120, 165...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug when Alt/Option-dragging multiple points with Direct Select

In Illustrator version 24.3, I'm getting a bug with Alt/Option-dragging multiple points using the Direct Selection tool. See screen recording attached.

Opt+dragging one point gives expected results.

Opt+dragging 2 or more points copies the entire object.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug: Shift + clicking anchor point with Delete Anchor Point tool doesn't retain curve shape

24.1.1 on Windows 10 and Mac Mojave

In CC 2020, Shift + clicking an anchor point with the Delete Anchor Point tool is supposed to work like the Simplify Path tool -- the shape of the curve shouldn't change. But even on a path with redundant anchors, this new shortcut doesn't work. The curve changes shape as in previous versions.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. In the latest version cursor keys are now moving the selected objects/nodes 2 pixels instead of 1

Up until 24.2.1 if I selected an object or node and hit the cursor keys they would move 1 pixel in the direction of the key. Now all of a sudden they move 2. makes trying to align/tweak the position of objects/nodes really difficult and painful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Distribute Spacing is missing from the control bar when multiple objects are selected.

Distribute by centers is in the control bar when more than one object is selected, but distribute by spacing is missing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Moving nodes snaps back to original position

I am experiencing since last few updates, the nodes if we want to move after converting type to outlines or any object, snaps back to its original position. Seems to be a bug and annoying as it is not allowing to move the node to desired position.

Anyone having this issues and any solution to this?

Rehan

Mac OS 10.15.6
    Illustrator Version 24.2.1

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Scatter Brush doesn't align smoothly to curve

Hi, I'm using Illustrator 24.2.3 on an Imac late 2015.

Scatter Brush seems to have issues with curves. If I create a scatter brush from a single object, the line seems to follow the curve loosely in straight line segments, creating a very jagged effect. I've attached images to hopefully clarify. The thinner "smaller brush element" examples I have included are made from a small circle shape a little less than one pixel in diameter. The "jagged" issue seems to disappear, however, if the curve is large enough (see the 11-inch small-brush-circle below) OR until the stroke weight increases to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Smart Guide with shift key not working as expected in 24.2.3

When dragging using the shift key with smart guides enabled, the selected point will snap back to it's origin, with the word "origin" appearing. Previously the shift key could be selected before the point was dragged, now in order for the error to be avoided, the point must be moved and then the shift key selected. Screenshot of error attached and also system info.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change Illustrator paste offset distance to closer to cursor inside of viewing area

Illustrator often pastes objects randomly outside of my viewing area, and I have to zoom out and scroll over to get it. I want to change the offset distance so it pastes inside my view area, not outside of it. OR, make it paste near where the cursor is, not way off somewhere.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Keyboard commands & tools

Hello

Previous Ai update came with an issue where I can't fully hide edges unless objects are grouped which, to me, is an inefficiency. There were other glitches as well, which appear to have been resolved with the closely-following most recent update.

However, most recent came with its own surprises, eg lost: Spacebar hand-tool shortcut, CMD/CMD+Option +spacebar for zoom in/out; horizontal/vertical distribution tool aligns center vs distributing evenly; show/hide issue still present (see attached).

Also attached are system basics. Advise if you require more info

Kind regards
    tm

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New update, stroke profile bug

Just got the latest update and now my Width profile 3 on stroke settings is adding these little rounded bumps to the corners that were (prior to update) sharp. The end points are also slightly curved. Right side does not have bumps but has same curve when points on this profile used to be sharp. All of my settings and prefs have stayed the same. I use this stroke profile alot so I noticed this issue right away. Please fix. Photo attached.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base