2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom Colors convert to CMYK automatically, when we set "Effect->Blur->Gaussian Blur".

When we apply Effect->Blur->Gaussian blur an object with a custom color, it will be converted to CMYK color in overprint preview mode.
    Also, when we export PDF, it will convert to CMYK.

Illustrator ver.24.2
    OSX 10.13.6

The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
    1. To make pathItems that colored Custom color.
    2. Select it and apply Effect->Blur->Gaussian Blur.
    3. Open Separation preview panel and check Overprint preview.
    4. Custom color objects seem to convert to CMYK.
    5. To export it to PDF, the custom color will discard and convert to CMYK.

Your expected result
    We lose custom…

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

2. Drop shadow results are unusual when converted to grayscale

Version: 23.1 and 24.2.3
    phenomenon:
    1. Create an object
    2. use drop shadow from appearance menu
    3. From the Edit menu, select Edit Color and then Convert to Grayscale.

After conversion, the drawing of the drop shadow is not normal.
    There will be a problem even if you save it as a PDF.

Version 22.1 does not have this problem.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Gaussian Blur Effect producing different results from 24.1.3 to 24.2 or 24.2.1

The Gaussian Blur Effect "Effect→Blur→Gaussian Blur" is now behaving differently in 24.2 than it was in 21.x. Updating to 24.2.1 did not solve the issue.

The issue: A designer applies a Gaussian Blur to a vector shape and sets the desired blur level to achieve the desired effect. When that file is opened by another user using 24.2 or 24.2.1, copying and pasting the object, or toggling the visibility of the Gaussian Blur effect (in the attributes panel) on the original object will change the visual appearance of the blur (the blur noticeably increases in strength).

This alters the intended…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. update 24.2.3 so glitchy - pasting and moving deletes blur and brushes

On iMac Mojave 10.14.6 the Ilustrator Update 24.2.3 is very glitchy. When pasting and moving artwork it deletes Gaussian blur and brushes from pasted artwork so then I have to redo all the work again by selecting and clicking on the appearance. ( see pics 1 and 2) Also when reflecting an object it defaults to an angle and not flipped as normal. Please fix, thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. BUG: Envelope Distort (with Anti Alias option on) changes colour values of embedded images.

When trying to use Envelope Distort (eg Mesh) and the 'Anti Alias' option to maintain clarity, if the artwork features embedded images (eg a multichannel PSD that must be embedded for Envelope Distort action) it is clearly seen the results with and with AA active are different. Only without use of AA will the colour values remain faithful to the original pre-distorted image.

Whilst I would expect some changes along edges, etc. that would benefit the most from using AA, it is seen across the entire image. This is not correct and renders the Envelope Distort function unusable for these…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Drop Shadow, Outer Glow, Etc. renders incorrectly on large polygons angled lines only.

When I make a drop shadow, outer glow etc. there are places on the shadow that end abruptly in intervals. I make a triangle or any polygon (even a rectangle that is rotated). Go to Effect>Illustrtator Effect>Stylize>Drop Shadow. Multiply:75%:0":0":0.5". Color Black. I've tried other colors and other settings for Blur and Mode. This does the exact same thing using Outer Glow. I have a 66" x 36" artboard on the examples below.

Windows 10 - Illustrator v.24.0.1

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Load texture not working in 2020

Mac OS 10.15.1, Illustrator 2020. For years I've used a custom texture (psd file) that I load into texturizer. But since updating to 2020 Illustrator this custom file doesn't work. I upload the texture file, it looks good in the texturizer panel, but when I click OK nothing happens. When I reopen the selection in the texturizer panel it has "canvas" texture. I'm using the same psd file I've always used. Even when I rename it and save it in Photoshop 2020 I have the same problem.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Minus Front Pathfinder

I'm trying to block out this outlined text from this green rectangle, however, it is producing a very weird and seemingly glitchy result. Here are my steps:

1) Select both shapes (The white shape appears to have a thicker selection outline? Not sure why that is..)

2) Choose Pathfinder > Minus Front.

3) The final result view cuts off the top of the 'M' and 'R', but the anchor points show a normal effect.

Any thoughts?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ofset path bug in 24.1 version - horrible metric precision...

Problem with dimensions after using offset path. Just look - if you have square 100 x 100 mm, and want to make -4 mm offset path - new square is not 92 x 92mm, but... 92.0001 x 92.0001. This is nightmare. See attached. Adobe, I hope this bug will be fixed?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Illustrator 24.3 on Windows(10): Warp effect not showing preview even though preview selected

Even though I have checked the box to show previews for the Warp effect, changing styles does not show a preview of the styles. The only preview that is shown is the very first style that was chosen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3D Revolve Clipping

3D Revolve is clipping the front faces. I can get the faces to appear when the object is in a different rotation, when it object is parallel with the view. I've tried this with both a normal path and a compound path.

I think the plane the 3D object is being rendered to is too far forward.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Drop shadow preview doesn’t work

The preview function in the drop shadow panel doesn’t work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. multiple drop shadow

Applying multiple drop shadow effects make them being displayed inconsistently.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. CC 2020 gradient tool not updating result live, only when releasing the mouse button (like in CC 2018)

In CC 2019, when using the gradient tool to apply or modify a gradient, the result of using the tool was live updated as you applied/moved it. Now in CC 2020, the tool has reverted back to how it was in CC 2018, meaning you have to let go of the mouse button to see the result. Seeing the result live saves time for me and makes it easier to get a satisfying result quicker.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.0.2 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

15. Allow Warp Effects to distort linear gradient

When you turn on distorting linear gradients (Object > Envelope Distort > Envelope options: Distort Linear Gradients Fill), AI still won't do it when you use Warp Effects (Effect > Warp). This should be fixed.

I'd even extend this option to treat other gradients types, not only linear.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Spot color gaussian blur does not print out when printing separations to film

This must be a bug because it worked in previous versions. Spot color gaussian blur does not print out when doing separations.

Illustrator 24.2.3
    OS version 10.15.5

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Transparency doesn't show correctly in linked CMYK Illustrator PDFs

If I link a CMYK Illustrator PDF with transparency into a CMYK Illustrator document, the transparency doesn't show correctly. I can actually open a CMYK Illustrator PDF, link the same exact PDF into this opened file, and the artwork will look different even though they're the same exact file. See attached screenshot. This has been an annoying bug that's been around forever.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3D Extrude & Bevel Mapping Symbol

When I try to map a vector artwork using the 3D Extrude & Bevel Options on the "Map Art" windows shows that the artwork is mapped correctly on the face of shape however the final result stays with the black color of the outline, this does not happen when I do a flat graphic like a JPEG or PNG.

This issue has been happening with multiple versions of illustrator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Arc Warp Effect with Unexpected Results (Combined with Masks)

When applying an arc effect shouldn't the mask dictate how the arc effect works and not the larger contents of the mask?

The results I am getting now appear to be possibly impacted by the larger/complex contents of the mask.

I have used a larger arc amount of 15% in the images below to exaggerate the difference I am seeing between the simplified design/mask and the second design with a larger pattern inside the mask.

Is this working as intended or is this an issue?

Computer Specs:
    macOS 10.15.4
    iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
    Processor: 4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Transform effect vanished from Appearance Panel. Multiple times

After using Distort & Transform/Transform from the Appearance Panel, I noticed that this effect was missing from the list of effects that I'd used. As you can see in the attached image, Transform is not in the list. The long shadow on this text is created using that effect and it is still live, but there's no way to edit it since it is not showing up in the Appearance Panel. I started over and created it once more and once again, it wasn't in the panel. I tried a 3rd time and it worked as expected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base