• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Discard white overprint is disabled when background save is enabled

• version 24.x

• Windows and macOS

• background save enabled

At this time, the operation related to discarding the white overprint is not performed and the settings is invalidated.
    The behavior itself is the same as another bug, but it is not completely fixed 24.1.x.
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/39414226-bug-of-saving-in-the-background-of-illustrator-202

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for the information provided to the Illustrator team.
    We have tried to address this issue in our beta build of 24.1.2 .
    Please visit adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 24.1.2 Build 1.

Please do let us know if this issue is resolved for you or not.

With Best Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

2. Random crashing - 24.0.3

I have a brand new 16" MacBook Pro.
    Illustrator 2020 v24.0.3

The app is constantly, randomly crashing. When waking up machine (10 min auto sleep) there is a message waiting that Illustrator has unexpectedly quit. ,And, now it seems hung up on launch.
    Here's what I've done so far:
    - Ran app diagnostics as recommended on restart. No info was provided.
    - Uninstalled and reinstalled.
    - Disabled lots of 3rd party extensions
    - Restarted machine
    - I have 90 crash reports.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

1)Kindly confirm if you are still facing this issue with the latest version of Adobe Illustrator?

2) If yes, could you kindly follow the steps mentioned in https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html to collect the crash reports and share with us.

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at ShareWithAI@adobe.com . Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards
    Ankit Goyal

3. Illustrator 24.1 metric precision broken

So there was a new release Illustrator 24.1 the other day which I installed. Unfortunately, it looks like the engineers messed up and semi-broke the conversion routines from inches or whatever measurement is used internally to the metric units displayed to me as the user.

What used to be displayed as nice whole numbers or up to a maximum of three decimals, is now never an even number and always displayed with four decimals. Just to take an example, a dimension clearly intended to be precisely 10 mm is now displayed as say 9.9998 mm or 10.0003 mm.

This is…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Magnus,

Thanks.

I have replied on this thread (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustrator-24-1-metric-precision-broken/td-p/10974120?page=1) too. Posting it here also.

In 24.1 version, we are now showing four decimal places in transform/new document screen (earlier we used to show three). We did this because we were getting requests from the community (particularly, packaging designers) to increase the decimals so that they can do more precise work. And also, from people who wanted to see their 1/16ths (0.0625) dimensions fully, without Illustrator rounding it off to three decimal places.

As a result of this, please be assured that the actual dimensions which you had used in prior designs will not get changed. As @hubglobin’s screenshots show (thanks for creating these), the actual size has not changed, only the display has changed. If you had manually set an object’s dimension (or co-ordinate) to, say 5.355mm, you’ll still see this dimension as 5.355mm in 24.1. If…

4. Spacebar not working all the time for hand tool shortcut after 2020 update

After the 2020 update the spacebar shortcut sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Restart didn't improve things. The same thing happens with Photoshop as well.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mouse right-click Select next Object Below does not work

When I right-click with the mouse on an object and try to select next object below it does not work/does nothing.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dashed Line not working

Using Illustrator CC 2020 V. 24.0.3 on MacOS Mojave 10.14

The dashed line effect cannot be applied. As soon as I make use of the gap field, I can see a preview but then when I click anywhere the effect just disappears. And when I try to create outlines it just turns into a normal non-dashed line.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Dana,

I tried the same at my end but not able to reproduce the same. Can you please provide some more info regarding this issue:
    1. Are you facing this problem with some specific content or all the path types?
    2. Are you applying stroke properties from stroke panel or control panel?
    3. Will it be possible for you to share the test file?

Thanks
    Anish

7. automatic quitting when clicking the red close button

When clicking on the RED "Close" button, Illustrator prompts me to either (Save what's on the clipboard" or "Discard". Then automatically quits. EVERY SINGLE TIME. This is NOT right no matter what your tech support peons were told to say.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Survey Request

The annoying prompt to take the survey cannot be turned off. Even on completing it I am still prompted to take it - when you do its recognized you've already taken this. This survey prompt should be disabled at least when it's been taken once.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. SEARCH BAR-Cannot Type in that Field

After saving a file in Illustrator. I go to File>Open>folder my files are in. NEXT, I use the upper right search bar to find the file I need. It will not allow me to type in that search bar. I have to close out of Illustrator, then reopen and start all over again to be able to type in the search bar.

Windows 10. PC. Vers. 24.0.1

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Double Click To Isolate" preference does not work

Using the direct selection tool to try and double-click your way to grabbing a grouped object within another group of grouped objects fails. It simply doesn't select any of the other elements. This is a paralysing bug that may well see me dumping my CC subscription and going back to Illustrator CS5 or 6. From what I read, this bug is old so why hasn't Adobe fixed it?
    Attached is the file with the bug. Try double-clicking the green nodes on the chart with the direct selection tool. It should grab all the dots. Then expand out and grab the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The document "annoyingbug.ai" is currently getting saved. Try again after the process is complete.

"The document "annoyingbug.ai" is currently getting saved. Try again after the process is complete." This pops up when you use save as while there is a save currently going on.

This dialog box was removed when closing the document in 24.1.1. Can we also get it removed when using save as?

Would be nice if the save as started once the current save is done like in previous versions.

Thanks,
    Josh

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Illustrator 2020 (v24.0.2) crashes consistently with "Can't Finish Previewing"

At a random point, it switches to outline mode, and then a dialog box opens and states, "Cannot finish previewing". Thought this was fixed in previous releases but since updating Ai its happening again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. path malfunctioning after pressing object > expand

(I am using the cc 2019 version windows)
    using my pen tool I created a path, in which I wanted to alter something and therefore I used the expand option for it. This led to my path creating new unwanted anchor points on the stroke area. In other words when I try to alter the path it only lets me select the circumference, while the actual anchor point went missing and the pen tool is unable to make any changes to it.
    In the picture below it is shown everything I explained above
    Ive been trying to find a solution…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Preview pane no longer displays preview of .ai files v24

Since the update to v24, I've not been able to see a preview in my preview pane for .ai files when opening a document. This is extremely helpful and hope that it returns.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Clipping compound shape doesn't have edges drawn

If you create live compound shape (e. g. by Alt+clicking Unite in Pathfinder) and then use it as a clipping object, resulting object will have no edges drawn.
    Particularly infuriating when you have bounding box off — no controls are visible at all for the selected object.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Clicking filled clipping path doesn't select it

I have a rectangle clipping mask around a circle (doesn't really matter). When rectangle has no fill, I click it and nothing gets selected — expected, fine. But when I fill my clipping mask and try to select it by clicking the colored area — it does nothing. It works for everything, except for colored clipped masks :) You have to drag over the edge only. It doesn't matter if you clipping mask is over or under (in this case, btw). I should work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pressing Ctrl + Win sends the active object backward

If you have at least 2 objects on the artboard and the top one is selected, pressing Control + the Windows key on Windows 10 sends the active object backward one step. It's a keyboard shortcut that doesn't appear to be editable in Keyboard Shortcuts in case it interferes with that shortcut being used for something else.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. alignment with the new version seems to be erratic.

alignment with the new version seems to be erratic. Selected are not aligning to the middle that are jumping all over the place

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can't see things I just did.

When I move an object or make a change to my file it doesn't show up until I click in the document. Then, the object shows up in the new location. I have to restart the program and it works for a few minutes, then happens again. Really frustrating. I am on a new computer with the current version of Illustrator. It happened in older versions on my older computer as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unable to save file in Illustrator 2020 Mac OS Catalina v.10.15.4

Unable to save file in Illustrator 2020 Mac OS Catalina v.10.15.4

I am completely unable to save a file and about to lose an afternoons work on a deadline. I have tried every workaround posted here and still not working. Come on Adobe, this has been reported for months.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base