Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Illustrator not outlining type correctly

I've only started to encounter this recently and it doesn't happen with all fonts. When I outline certain typefaces - such as your Source Sans - it outlines parts of some letters individually, such as the bar in the letter 'A' in the attached example, or does some bizarre detour as seen in both the comma and the apostrophe (the two most typical examples I could think of).

All I am doing is outlining type with no stroke.

I'm running Illustrator 24.3 and Catalina 10.15.6

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Text height is wrong

When you select a specific text height, it is not correct. Say for instance you select 1 inch for text height but in reality the cap height is .68 inches. We work at a sign shop and a lot of jobs require a specific text height. This is misleading when I pick 1 inch for text height and it is no where near 1 inch in height. Can you please make it where the text height corelates to the actual cap height of the text, otherwise this feature is useless.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Numbers disappear in text box when creating outlined text

On illustrator CC 2020 updated windows 10
    creating a text box with text and numbers.
    Aligning paragraph direction in right to left (middle eastern text alignment)
    Right click on text box
    Create outlines
    The numbers will disappear
    In the attached file there is a live text and an outlined one when the numbers disappeared

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Text cursor too thin to see

Editing text in Adobe Illustrator CC2020 has become harder than the previous version I was on, CS5.5. I produce infographics. Text is a vital component. It's harder now than ever before because Adobe has made the text cursor bar so thin, it's barely visible.
    I'm using the latest CC2020 on the latest Catalina macOS on a 2019 27-in 5K iMac. Is it the 5K screen that is affecting the cursor? Please, Adobe, just thicken it up by a pixel or two. Currently it's so thin, it's hard to find it when editing text.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Ninian, Thanks for reporting this. Could you please go to Preferences→User Interface→UI Scaling slider. It will scale the entire Illustrator UI proportionately. Let us know if increasing the value on that slider helps. Thanks.

5. Font Preview Size

In Illustrator 24.2.3,
    We are not able to change the Font Preview Size in the preference Dialogue in/under the Type Tab, and you also do not have the same feature in the Type Menu, which is the right place to set the Font Previews size default,
    we are also not able to see the Font names in the written text as a preview in the Font/Character Menu.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Cap Height setting not using Font Cap Height

Hello, the option for setting a size of a font by the font's specified cap height appears to be using a metric other than the cap height in at least one instance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Just updated to Illustrator 24.3 and now installed font only has a few letters

I updated to the latest version of Illustrator (24.3) and opened a document I had created in a previous version. Most of my text was missing. I checked and the font was still available and activated. I deactivated and reactivated and that didn't help. When I click the text, it gives me the message that "This text was created in a different version of Illustrator. Editing the text may cause some changes to your text layout. Basic formatting will not be affected. Do you want to continue?" The font is PeachyKeenJF. Only a few letters/numbers actually show up. I'm on…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Text path vanishes when moving it with selection tools (black or white arrows)

Since updating to version 24.1.2 from Adobe Illustrator 2019, whenever I move text objects using any of the selection arrows, the highlighted path disappears during moving and only reappears when I stop moving the text object. This is frustrating as I can't see the baseline or centre point of the text object while trying to align it to something else. This never happened before I updated Illustrator. My OS is macOS Mojave 10.14.6, Illustrator version 24.1.2.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cannot stop Auto Resize on Area Type box for large text areas

I do not want my text box to auto-resize. The "Auto-Resize" option fails on large text box areas. Auto-Resize is turned off in my preferences. I have large text box areas filled with type and whenever I need to make an adjustment to the type box it always automatically resizes. I have tried selecting the "fixed" options and those fail too. In the video attached you can see that large areas of text will automatically resize. However, on a smaller scale the Area Type box does not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Variable Font bug: "wiggling" top of "U"

1. Download and unzip https://www.dropbox.com/s/3b6k0izkm5ma3dy/200719-AdobeVFBug.zip?dl=1

2. Install the font from font/DaikonVF-mini.ttf

3. Run Illustrator 24.2.1

4. Type "AU" and choose the Daikon VF font

5. In the property bar, click the Variable Font button and move the weight slider between the extreme locations. Observe how the top of "U" "wiggles" (jumps up and down). This is shown in videos/DaikonVF-Illustrator-24.2.1,.mp4

6. The same problem occurs in InDesign 15.1.1

7. The same problem occurs in DTL OTmaster 7.9 and in FontView 2019 (an open source app built from https://github.com/googlefonts/fontview ) — both apps use older versions of the FreeType library.

8. The problem no longer occurs in FontView 2020 (which I’ve…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Area type alignment bug

Bug on Area type alignment: An unknown error will occur when you have an area type with other alignment other than top and saving it for a lower version of Ai.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Area type alignment bug

Bug on Area type alignment: An unknown error will occur when you have an area type with other alignment other than top and saving it for a lower version of Ai.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Area type jumping around when moved

When area type is grouped with a rectangle and moved by dragging the area type jumps away from the rectangle

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Type disappears in latest update

Typing in a text box, all of a sudden it disappears even though all indications say it's there, the right point size, and has a fill color.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Myriad Pro Condensed text disappears

I opened up an Illustrator file that I update yearly. The text is all in Myriad Pro, in a variety of styles. The section of text that was in Myriad Pro Condensed completely disappeared. The text line was still there, but when I typed nothing appeared. Changed the style to any other style (regular, bold, bold condensed and I can type it in, but if I change it back to condensed it disappears again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In large curved text the anchors shrink after use.

In large curved text the anchors shrink after use.
    In large curved text, every time you move any anchor they become very small. If you move the text everything goes back to normal until you touch the anchors again.
    Check the video

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fonts are not refreshed when right sided metrics are changed

This issue happens in the context of editing the metrics of a font file multiple times (in order to view new metrics changes in realtime).

Fonts will not always be refreshed to the latest version when overwriting a font file in the Adobe Fonts folder with a new updated version:

• When a right sidebearing of a glyph is changed and the font regenerated, the font is NOT updated in Illustrator.

• Whereas editing a left side bearing and regenerating the font will show the updated font with all edited metrics (both the new left & right sidebearings).

Issue happens in all…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

1) Kindly share both version of fonts at ShareWithAI@adobe.com .
    2) Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail with tag [UserVoice] and Uservoice link in subject of email.

Regards
    Ankit Goyal

18. Enable Missing Clyph Protection

■English
    Normally, if a font is not found, the text background is highlighted.
    Text is not highlighted when I apply appearance.

setting -> type -> Enable Missing Clyph Protection
    This is enabled.

■Japanese
    通常、フォントが見つからない場合、テキストの背景が強調表示されますが
    アピアランスを適用している場合、テキストが強調表示されません。

設定 -> テキスト -> 代替フォントを強調表示
    は有効にしています。

Windows10 Home 1909
    Illustrator v24.2.3(64bit)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Text on path gets selected when you marquee over empty space

When I need to select something under the arc, like it’s shown in the GIF attached, I can use marquee and the the type object gets selected.
    Why?
    Did I click the path? No.
    Did I click the text? No.
    That’s just the 'Illustrator’s way'. Can you make an option to disable this nonsense?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When copying text in Arabic or Hebrew, Illustrator messes up the characters.

Somehow the text gets flipped into Jibberish. Even when Arabic fonts are used such as Adobe Arabic. This causes the world to be filled with jibberish Hewbrew and Arabic.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base