Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Illustrator 24.3 Crashing When Selecting Colours with the Layers Palette Open

See video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7hete8hhhe7mzv/Screen%20Recording%202020-09-11%20at%2014.34.23.mov?dl=0

Illustrator 24.3 crashes when changing the colour of a gradient handle if the Layers palette is open and on-screen. Video above is a freshly re-installed Illustrator in a brand new user account (macOS 10.15.6).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Illustrator 2020 24.3 Extremely slow performance and lagging on Windows 10

Extremely slow performance and lagging making Illustrator unusable under win 10 pro. Massive lag (sometimes 10 sec) when moving, selecting, objects or zooming, sometimes when selecting tools.

I had v23.4 installed on the same machine with Win 7 a week ago and had no issues. New install of Windows 10 with the same version of illustrator is unusable even though my machine spec is above requirements and has no other issues.

I've installed the previous version of illustrator to test but had the same performance issues.

All drivers updated, and ran through performance troubleshooting in adobe support pages.

Win 10…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AiRobin hogging huge amounts of RAM (between 12GB and 16 GB) and at times slows the machine down.

I have turned off "background save / export" which is apparently the purpose of AiRobin. Nonetheless, it has continued to run for the couple of months since I turned those off. Today I had InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator open momentarily; I try to avoid that, but usually it's fine for 5 or 10 minutes. This time it wasn't, and I could literally do nothing (even move the mouse for the most part) for close to 15 minutes. I was finally able to pull up Activity Monitor and I ended the process for AiRobin. Immediately things improved. But sure enough, AiRobin…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. dragging a group while zoomed out

While zoomed out using the general selection tool, it will act as the direct selection tool and will grab an individual node rather than the entire group.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adobe Illustrator 2020 (24.1.2)-The latest updated version KEEPS CRASHING on MacOS Mojave

Hi
    I'm having crashing issues with the simplest movements like dragging, changing the type sizes, accidentally double-clicking etc.
    First the screen freezes.
    Later everything goes blank/my screen sometimes goes full black and forced shutdown follows.
    I'm using Macbook Air - MacOs Mojave version 10.14.6. (1.6 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3).
    This is happening every time I open up AI without exception.
    Note: When I started my computer in safe mode-AI is working normally.
    What should we do?
    Thanks in advance.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. IllustratorCC 2020 24.3.1 version, everything is working very slow and laggy

Yesterday, I got automated update to Illustrator 2020 24.3.1 version, since then
    everything is working very slow and I am getting lags in all the thing I select and click in the software.(selecting, filling, moving objects) Without selection, the cursor drags around the page area and goes outside the artboard area even if I move the mouse without clicking with the mouse.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Illustrator CC 2019 is very slow and laggy

I'm using a Mac OS 10.13 Intel Core i7 16 GB. Ever since I updated to the CC 2019, illustrator became laggy and slow. The other adobe apps worked fine after the update. I saw here that I should try turning the dictation off but that didn't help.
    Everything in illustrator is slow now. And if I use the blend tool a lot in one document the eyedropper option in the gradient window becomes unavailable. Everything even if it's as simple as moving from one art board to the next or zooming in/out is lagging

174 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

326 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

General slowness on using Illustrator on Mac is one of the major issues reported in this thread. Illustrator team made significant progress in replacing Illustrator’s GPU rendering engine from OpenGL to macOS Native Metal Rendering Engine – https://developer.apple.com/metal/.
    We have observed common operations like Zoom, Pan, and rendering operations are now smoother in cases where it was sluggish as reported in this thread. We urge Mac users to try the Illustrator Beta build with Metal support and share your feedback.
    Please note, this may not address other performance issues reported in this thread not related to rendering like File Save, Export, or slowness in any particular feature.

This build is available in Illustrator Prerelease Download Section – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713

8. Overprint Preview unbearably slow

When using overprint preview this app grinds to a halt, it's absolutely awful, please fix / improve

Mac OS 0.15.6,
    iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
    3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5
    64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
    Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

Ai 24.2.3

switching between overprint preview brings my Mac to a slow grind
    My expected result... that a professional application is fit for purpose
    My actual result.... a slow and un-usable not fit for purchase application that I have no choice other than to use.!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "Distribute" object function is not working properly

You cannot distribute objects. All objects align together in the center.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Copy/Paste No Longer Working

Upon opening Illustrator, copy/paste feature will work once, then will not work again. Have tried various troubleshooting methods and adjusting settings others have had with similar issues to no avail. This is costing me money. I'm under deadlines.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Illustrator gets a bit weird when I hold down shift to click and drag an object.

When I hold down shift to click and drag or when I hold shift+option and drag to copy, the object gets stuck. I have to take my finger off the shift key to move the object in place requiring an extra step to align.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. horitional blue lines

I am suspecting a video card problem, but it only this only happens in adobe illustrator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stability update made Illustrator very unstable

I noticed the 27/07/2020 update described itself as addressing stability issues, which I didn't have. Since the update ran, 3 hours ago, I've had three crashes - all when copying text and graphics together. My crash report crashed too.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Illustrator 2019, 2020 keeps crashing on a new MacBook Pro, Catalina OS10.15.4. Always crashes after computer sleep

I just got a new MacBook Pro to replace an 11 YO iMac on which I was using Illustrator CS6. I had to switch to CC Illustrator. It crashes (about 8 times today alone)--almost always if I put computer to sleep with Illustrator open, but sometimes during work

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mouse is not moving objects after the latest CC update!

After updating latest CC Illustrator update my mouse no longer can drag objects i can only use the arrow keys to do this. It was working fine yesterday. Work fine in any other programme such PS, Ms PPT.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Illustrator (24.3) Slow lagging, AI and EPS files issues, non responsive

macOS Mojave (10.14.6)

Working on large scale signage graphics - have completing almost exactly the same thing for previous jobs with no issue. 24AUG20 AI auto updated and instantly could not move graphics in file - constant spinning wheel and slow loading times.

Saving file was extremely slow - ceasing to save from 80-90% and then crashing (crash report sent). The only way to continue working was to save as EPS.

Also attempted saving graphic elements out as EPS files to place into INDD where EPS was pixilated (fully or partially). PDF exported from INDD unable to save correctly with…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Display Issue ?

Having very odd display issues, (see attached files) basically I draw a curved shape in outline, this views correctly, then view it in overprint mode, this views correctly, view it in standard mode and it is awful, I've tried restart/making a new document etc etc, still views awful ????

please advise..... don't ask me to work in overprint preview as one of my others posts states, that is ridiculously slow.

Mac OS 0.15.6,
    iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
    3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5
    64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
    Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Expanded Layers Slows Performance

Illustrator 24.2.3 (64bit)
    Windows 10 Pro

What the title says. If I expand my top layer in the layers palette and try to edit the text on an artboard using my keyboard arrow keys to navigate the cursor, the cursor is super laggy.

If I collapse the top layer and navigate the text inside the boxes, the cursor is much faster.

Expanded layers seems to take up much more processing power ...to the point I can barely scrub through the text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. LOST DATA

I lost my all work from last 10 days.
    What should I do now?
    All data was very important and I created by working hard days and nights. This is 3rd time happening with me from last year. I saved my work but still it is not listed there in recent works.
    Sudden error and not able to save my data sometimes. I paying for the software and I am suffering from such serious issue. Have any solution

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Closing documents makes Illustrator 2020 to hang (24.3)

On Windows 10 (v 1909) when closing a document (previously saved, or opened without any change, or a new empty document) Illustrator hangs and is unresponsive for 5-20 sec.
    This is happening after update.
    Photoshop had the same problem, but the hanging time reduced after the newest updates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base