2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Overwriting PDF-Files does not work anymore with build 24.0.2 !

Overwriting PDF-Files does not work anymore with build 24.0.2 ! Till 24.0.1 it works. Pleas fix this. Current Update is a desaster.

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

73 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

We have fixed this issue in 24.0.3 version of Illustrator (MAC only issue). Please update to 24.0.3 if you are encountering this issue. For all the other issues which you are encountering regarding the update or the new document dialog or any other please create another User Voice thread for that issue so that we can track it there itself.

Thanks & Regards,
    Illustrator Team

2. Modified link, Missing Link pop ups

Basically I get a pop up of modified or missing links every 2 to 3 minutes, constantly, it keeps happening with different files, I do have links but they are not being modified nor missing!!! And it drives me crazy, this is new for me, since I updated to Ai 2020. Any help?

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New update (v23) crashes Illustrator consistently with Can't finish previewing or enough memory (RAM)

I'm working on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    3.5 HGz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
    Mem 64 GB
    Graphics AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

Since updating this morning, Illustrator has consistently crashed. At a random point, it switches to outline mode, and then a dialog box opens and states, "Cannot finish previewing" –– and then every time I try to switch out of outline-mode, it fails, and brings up the same dialog box, and I have seconds before it crashes altogether.

I'm able to still save and close the file. But when I try to re-open it, it says it does not have…

639 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

419 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.1
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

4. Illustrator CC 2019 is very slow and laggy

I'm using a Mac OS 10.13 Intel Core i7 16 GB. Ever since I updated to the CC 2019, illustrator became laggy and slow. The other adobe apps worked fine after the update. I saw here that I should try turning the dictation off but that didn't help.
    Everything in illustrator is slow now. And if I use the blend tool a lot in one document the eyedropper option in the gradient window becomes unavailable. Everything even if it's as simple as moving from one art board to the next or zooming in/out is lagging

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

296 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Gentle Reminder 2:

Apologies for the inconvenience that has been caused by Illustrator’s performance on your system.

To isolate this issue further, will it be possible for you to join an online session with Illustrator team so that we can nail down this issue further after analysing it on your system.

Please drop an email about your time availability (so that we can share you the session link) at sharewithai@adobe.com

With Best Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh
    Illustrator Team

5. Adobe Illustrator 2020 (24.1.2)-The latest updated version KEEPS CRASHING on MacOS Mojave

Hi
    I'm having crashing issues with the simplest movements like dragging, changing the type sizes, accidentally double-clicking etc.
    First the screen freezes.
    Later everything goes blank/my screen sometimes goes full black and forced shutdown follows.
    I'm using Macbook Air - MacOs Mojave version 10.14.6. (1.6 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3).
    This is happening every time I open up AI without exception.
    Note: When I started my computer in safe mode-AI is working normally.
    What should we do?
    Thanks in advance.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Version 24.0.1 becomes unresponsive

I'm using Illustrator 24.0.1 with Windows 10 Pro

Since updating Illustrator keeps becoming entirely unresponsive midway through working with no warning and no way to save or quit.

Sometimes I can move the mouse over menu items, the drop down menu will be completely black and items 'appear' as I hover over them but I cannot click them. Other times I can not even access the menus and it is entirely unresponsive.

Since updating it has happened daily even when working on relatively simple artworks.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

7. Illustrator 2019, 2020 keeps crashing on a new MacBook Pro, Catalina OS10.15.4. Always crashes after computer sleep

I just got a new MacBook Pro to replace an 11 YO iMac on which I was using Illustrator CS6. I had to switch to CC Illustrator. It crashes (about 8 times today alone)--almost always if I put computer to sleep with Illustrator open, but sometimes during work

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 is not able to generate PDF-compatible files No matter what I do (re-save as a AI, EPS, PDF, check/uncheck 'creat

Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 is not able to generate PDF-compatible files

No matter what I do (re-save as a AI, EPS, PDF, check/uncheck 'create PDF compatible file', etc...), if I save as a PDF, the PDF will show up saying "This is an Adobe Illustrator File that was saved without PDF content" etc... Is this a version 2019 bug???

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Issues with saving

2020 update often gives error while saving. It says the file cannot be saved. It then deletes the current file I'm working on, opens up a new window and I have to click save - as if I pressed "Save As..."

It happens quite often when I press "Cmd + S" to just save my artwork.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Illustrator crashes when using certain tools, when macbook goes to sleep, when left on too long, when selecting items (CMD+A)

Going mad trying to fix this bizzare problem on my new 2019 Macbook pro.

• Latest version of illustrator (24.1.2)

-Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4, 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, MD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
    Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Since maybe last month, illustrator has been crashing more and more frequently, and at the strangest of times. I have everything almost exactly the same on my 2018 Macbook Pro and Illustrator is totally fine on that one. I can't quite figure out what is going wrong with this laptop.

For instance:

-When I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Space bar - hand tool and zoom function doesn't work

Space bar - hand tool and zoom function doesn't work on illustrator 2020 and photoshop 2020. This is really annoying. Help!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Measuring/positioning elements improperly includes shadow/effects

It used to be that when you selected an object/element with a drop-shadow (or other effect), the measurements did NOT include the drop-shadow. HOWEVER, now they do and it's causing me lose-my-mind!!! To measure and or position ANYTHING correctly, you have to first turn-off the shadow (in the Appearance panel) then position/measure and THEN turn-on the drop-shadow!!! Seriously, this is an enormous time-waster. PLEASE, allow us to turn off the function where everything is measured-and-positioned by it's drop-shadow. PLEASE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Illustrator CC keeps crashing or freezing

Illustrator CC keeps crashing and or freezing, this is happening more often. It is a struggle. Is anyone else having the same issue??

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Illustrator (version 24.1.2) crashes every time I use the crop tool.

I have been using the crop tool without an issue over the last year and a half, right up until yesterday. Today my illustrator refuses to work the second i click on the crop tool, and instantly crashes. I tried reinstalling it, but it hasn't improved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Constant Random Crashing

Adobe Illustrator CC 2020; A coworker and I are coming across the same issue where our Illustrator is consistently crashing almost every hour or so throughout the day, seemingly at random. It will happen when trying to select/move an object, when trying to save, when clicking on another window, when clicking on a dropdown, and even when the machine is just sitting here doing nothing on my lunch breaks, it's not a question of if it will crash, it's when.

Sitting behind us is another co-worker who has yet to have this issue happen on his machine, we're all on…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Illustrator crashes on Macbook Air Mojave

Illustrator crashes frequently - generally after 20 minutes of use. Most frequently when I'm using pen tool do draw qith bezier curves. First the background desktop goes black, then menu items dissappear, then it freezes and goes entirely black. 2015 Macbook Air on Mojave -

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Illustrator Freeze & Crashing

After updating my Macbook Air to version Mojave version 10.14.6 and Illustrator to version 24.1 I am unable to work in Illustrator for more than 5 minutes before it freezes and my screen turns black. I can not click on any tool either and dropdown boxes and windows disappear.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Performance on MacOS

Currently MacOS version still slow, zooming slow , it's memory hog. it need to use Apple Metal GPU API. Illustrator is heavy. They need to improve the performance. Listen to the users.

like MacBook Air it runs slow and laggy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. unexpected illustrator app crash occurred

Illustrator app closes suddenly in MacBook Air, thankfully I can get my unsaved work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Illustrator and InDesign crashing multiple times a day

I have a weird crash — many but not all times I step away from my Mac (2020 MacBook Pro 16" running Catalina; 64GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB; Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB), Illustrator goes down (and often, InDesign as well). I'll come back and wake up the machine and am greeted with system crash messages. The crash message seems to be related to Dispatch queue. Is it possible this is tied to sleep functionality, or perhaps a GPU issue? Would love to resolve this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base