Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

366 results found

1. Rotate dialogue box is now painfully inefficient (CC2019)

Rotate and Scale functions used to work the same, where you could press R+Enter or S+Enter to bring up their respective dialogue boxes, type in a number, and hit Enter. Very fast, very efficient. Now when you call up the Rotate dialogue box, the focus is on this manual angle widget instead of the numeric field. And should you try to use Tab to change the focus to that field you have to hit it 5x.

This used to be extremely efficient, which was great since it's not uncommon to use this feature hundreds of times in a day. It…

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

2. Pathfinder Incorrect Work

Hi!
    I have a problem with Pathfinder in new Illustrator version 24 (2020) (macOS 10.15.1). Please look at the image attached. Pathfinder doesn't cut a compound shape out of a path or another compound shape. It merges the two instead.
    It worked fine in the previous version of Illustrator.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 100% view is not 100% for pixels in cc2019

OMG, yesterday I've updated illustrator cc2018 to cc2019. Objects now in 100% view are diplayed as ~151% - see attached file - in left side - illustrator cc2018 window and 400x400 px square in 100% view. In the right side - the same square in 100% view.

Please fix this annoing bug.
    This is on Mac pro late 2013, High Sierra, 27' Eizo monitor 1400x2560

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

4. crash cc2020 24.0 when export rasterized file with spot colors

Dear Sir. Madam,
    when I export psd file after rasterized CMYK plus SpotColor illustrator CC20 24.0 crash.
    please contact me for further information
    thank you
    Best Regards

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

5. Gaussian Blur does not scale. Frustrating

Gaussian Blur does not scale when I scale an object with the effect applied.
    'Scale Strokes & Effects' is turned On.
    Really frustrated because it's such a simple thing to recalculate it. Fix asap!

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

6. XD and PS defaults to open .ai files - AI files should open with Illustrator only

Working in windows 10. After updating XD and Illustrator to 2019, all my existing .ai files have been defaulted to open in XD. I can use the "Open With" option to successfully open .ai files in Illustrator but the default always stays with XD no matter how many times I select Illustrator.

Uninstalled XD. AI files cannot locate Illustrator as primary software for launch.

NOTE:
    Edited by Adobe Staff to generalise the issue.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have this issue fixed, please refer to steps below to solve the issue

XD defaulting to AI on Windows
    -——————————————————————

• Please update to latest version of XD (13.1.32) to resolve the issue. Thank you XD engineering team for solving this issue.

PS defaulting to AI on MAC
    -——————————————————————

• Please update to latest version of Illustrator (23.0.1) to solve this issue.
  7. Direct Selection tool does not work on text anchors....

For some reason I can no longer select text by anchor using the direct selection tool. If I use the Regular selection tool it acts as it did before the update but the direct selection tool does not.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

8. ILLUSTRATOR 2020 CRASHES ON SCRIPTS - SYMLINK - APPLE

Hi, We are using with our company the folder Scripts (Presets Illustrator) that is connected to a Cloud folder with a Symbolic Link (Apple) = Production workflow. It allways worked in previous versions but after installing Illustrator 2020 - Illustrator allways crashed when you go to main menu "File". Can you give us a solutions for this! Urgent issue for us !

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Artboard > Fit to Artwork Bounds with clipping mask and raster effects

Resizing an artboard with Artboard Options -> Preset -> Fit to Artwork Bounds doesn't honor clipping masks or raster effects. The new artboard size includes artwork hidden by clipping mask, and excludes raster effects such as drop shadows.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator now honors raster effects such as clipped shadows, and fits to clipping masks instead of their clipped content, when using Fit to Artwork Bounds or Fit to Selected Art commands.

However, there is no option to not do that, and to ignore Use Preview Bounds option in general — the fitting always uses strokes. If you want to change that, vote here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/46067539-an-option-to-ignore-strokes-when-using-fit-to-artw

10. Shift hold (Constrain angle) within gradient use not working

When I shift hold a gradient now it doesn't snap (constrain angle) in Illustrator. I've checked my general settings and constrain angle is set to 0°... have I missed something? Version 23.0

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Gradients  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Warm Regards,

11. BUG - Offset path preview remains in artwork even after cancel or tick off preview

Hi. Since Illustrator 23 I have a very strange bug in the preview of offset path. When I select a shape and select offset path I get the dialog. In the dialog I can set the variables. if I then click ok all is well. But if I check preview I can see what the values I entered will do. So far so good. But then something strange happens. If I change a value I see the result in a preview, but I also see the first preview. The result is even added to the last preview path. And i…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.2.0 which is available worldwide now.

12. Switching between files doesn't work properly - or at all

See the attached video. I have two files open. The second file I opened does not display. When I click on the file tab I still have the previous file displayed. Regardless of which file is active, I can only edit one. I can't even see the other. They are two completely different projects - they do not look the same. You are only seeing one file in this video, despite which one I select. I have to quite and restart, losing any changes I may have in the one file I cannot see.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

13. When a document using Japanese TrueType font is opened in different OS environment, font warning is given

When Japanese TrueType font is used in a document and opened in different OS environment,
    Even though you have installed the same font, you will get a font warning when you open it.
    Screenshots are created on Windows and open on macOS. But the opposite is also true.

1. Create a file in Windows environment and save it using related fonts
    2. When 1 is opened in macOS environment, the corresponding font is displayed as a font problem.
    3. Open Font Search after opening has not caused any problems

There are three types of fonts used, but problems occur with Japanese fonts or…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Unable to uncheck Type Pref Indic options & Fill object with placeholder text on preference migration from 22.1

1. MacOS Sierra ; Illustrator CC 23.0.1
    2. I'm trying to get the punctuation right while typing in Hindi, but I can't select "Indic Options". I went to Preferences>Type>Language Options. I can select "Show East Asian Options" but i can't seem to select "Show Indic Options" which is a bug.
    3. I expected to type correctly in Hindi
    4. I can't type in Hindi with the right punctuation and I'm on a strict deadline! Help
    25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

15. White is now yellow

All my colors with todays 10/16/18 update have shifted and have lost their embedded color file. (When opening previous work). My white swatch is yellow. But when placed in Indesign it is white as well well as the color makeup 0000. Hiw can i fix this?

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.1

Warm Regards,

16. 40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

17. Gradient Annotator tool bug on Groups

Gradient Annotator tool is not visible for some objects but it is for others. See screen shot: visible on the rectangle, but when I edit the gradient of the compound shape, the annotator is not visible.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Gradients  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

18. Distribute spacing units work wrong

Hello,

Illustrator 23.0.2. I use "cm" units in whole software, but Distribute Spacing right now working only in points...

I think your software is falling down year by year.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

19. Photoshop Effects Dialog not Scaled when UI is scaled.

User interfaces that open within the workflow scaling incorrectly

System Information overview:
    Dell 17-R3
    Display: 17.3-inch UHD (3840 x 2160)
    Chipset: Intel GL82HM170 PCH
    Integrated graphics: Intel HD Graphics 530
    High performance graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980m
    CPU: Intel i7-6820HK
    RAM: 32.0 GB DDR4-2133 DDR4 PC4-17000
    Windows 10 Pro
    Version 1809
    OS Build 17763.253

(detailed system information attached)

Adobe Illustrator 23.0.1 (64-bit)

User interfaces that open within the workflow scaling incorrectly with the computer operating with the graphics set to 4K (3840 x 2160). For example, with a path selected go to "Effect" --> "Sketch" --> "Chalk & Charcoal". The…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 Type Library Reference - VB scripts return error

Illustrator CC 2019 Type Library is broken when attempting to Reference from Visual Studio.

VB.Net or C# projects attempt to add the reference from: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2019\Plug-ins\Extensions\Scripting Support.aip, and give the attached error.

My idea, is for Adobe to fix it!

Older versions work fine.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Warm Regards,

1 2 8 10 12 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base