Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

366 results found

1. Gradient stays selected when trying to pick a solid colour

After upgrading to v23, it's become very difficult to switch from having a gradient selected and to having a solid colour.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

2. Non Functional Gradient stop bug in 'Color' panel

When adjusting a colour stop its colour is visible in the 'Color' panel's 'Fill' field. You used to be able to cancel the stop colour by clicking on this 'Fill' field to go back to the gradient fill and to get the 'Stroke' colour back in sight.
    This is no longer the case. In spite of Illustrator flashing the tool tip 'Click to cancel' clicking does not work at all. The fill colour is stuck on the 'Colour Stop's colour.
    Now you can only see the 'Stroke' field in the 'Gradient' panel and the 'Tools' panel. This is a pain…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

3. Unit issue with DXF exported from Illustrator

Hello,
    Units are not correct when exporting DXF files from Illustrator CC.

A 100 mm diameter circle exported from illustrator CC (22.0.1) is opened in Creo Parametric 4.0 (M070) and measures 2540 mm.

My CC options are in millimeters
    $INSUNITS in DXF file should be defined to 4 = Millimeters
    Actually it is exported with 1 and this is incorrect.

Changing $INSUNITS from 1 to 4 in Notepad is not a sustainable solution !

Default drawing units for AutoCAD DesignCenter blocks:
    https://www.autodesk.com/techpubs/autocad/acad2000/dxf/header_section_group_codes_dxf_02.htm

Thanks you for tanking in consideration this problematic.

Best regards

Nicolas Bourgeois

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Action using the transform panel will not keep settings after restart of Illustrator

I created action that use the TRANSFORM panel, when closing and restarting iIllustrator the action gives the error THE OBJECT "ALIGNEMENT" IS NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE. Action does work under Illy CC 2018 (version 22.1).

Currently using version 23.0.1
    OSX High Sierra.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

5. Workspaces not working, all panels hidden on start up.

Just update to CC23.0.1 and when I start up Illustrator all the panels are turned off and my workspace won't change or reset.

I can turn on the panels manually, but it resets when I close Illustrator. The reset, new workspace and manage workspaces options are greyed out. If I try to change the workspace nothing happens.

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Intel i7-7700
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 750 Ti

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Libraries Panel Disappears and cannot be accessed once reopened when you use Ctrl + [ after selecting a swatch or asset from it.

When editing objects colors using swatches, or pulling in an item from the library, if you immediately use Ctrl+[ to change the layer your selection is on, it closes the library panel. When reopened, none of the items in the library appear in the panel, and you cannot save changes to any assets you have currently open

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

7. Illustrator 23.0.1 crashing almost immediately after launch

I am running Mojave 10.14.2 (system screenshot attached). Every time I start Illustrator, it runs for 5-10 seconds and then crashes. There are no error messages; it just dies. The same thing happens with InDesign. Photoshop appears to run without issue.

I have tried looking for updates in the CC app, but it says that the programs are all up to date.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the software, but the issue remains.

I have seen responses for similar issues where Adobe techs say that the issue has been fixed on version 23.0.1, but that is not the case;…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try again, there was a server level issue that was leading to a crash on January 9th 2019

NOTE: This issue is only for the scenario where Illustrator 23.0.1 / 23.0.0 started crashing on January 9th 2019

8. FreeForm Gradient point should also move on transforming Freeform Art

Today I ran into a problem with Adobe Illustrator artwork featuring some freeform gradient fills. I had a to create flipped, mirrored version of it for printing purposes (graphics would be applied sub-surface to a sign face). The problem is the freeform gradient fills wouldn't flip with the rest of the artwork. I attached a visual example of it. Using the "expand appearance" command allowed for the artwork to be flipped 180° correctly. It would be nice if I could avoid that kind of a fix.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Illustrator wont show correct color of png imported

Since I have updated to the newest version I can't seem to upload pngs into Illustrator. They show as if they are negative. I run on a MacBook Pro Mac OS Mojave Version 10.14.1. Illustrator 23.0.1

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

10. Illustrator 2019 won't quit (thinks a window is open) & all the menus are in disabled state.

Hello,

I updated to Illustrator 2019 today, and I have gone to close it down but the option is greyed out in the file menu.
    If I click anywhere it makes the error noise as if I have got an open window.
    This seems to be a glitch with the latest software release.

Thanks

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Free Form gradient Line points gets deleted on changing opacity to 0 via Point Mode

Making a freeform gradient point to 0% opacity works until the object is moved. The point will be removed on moving the object. This does not affect opacity greated than 0%.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Gradients  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

12. Maintain width and Height Proportions bug

This has been a bug for at least a version or two: draw a shape, go to transform it in the Properties panel, and even though the "Maintain width and Height Properties" icon indicates "not constrained", adjusting one of the dimensions adjusts the other proportionally. This seems to happen only in a fresh file (perhaps fresh launch of Illustrator), and once I click and unclick the Constrain button once, it doesn't recur in that session.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0gqadn2lezzq7n/Constraint%20bug.mov?dl=0

So in the screen grab above, I draw a box freehand, then in the Properties panel, begin adjusting the height with my arrow keys.…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

13. Glyph rendering bug with non-empty space char on OT-SVG fonts

The space character is not rendered consistently when it includes an SVG glyph:

• The glyph is invisible by default
    • But - as expected - it is visible in full color when moving the text object, and in greyscale version when switching to Outline mode
    15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

14. AI 23.0 crashes when drag-copying simple objects when yo have HotDoor's CADtools installed

Since I installed version 23.0 it frequently and repeatably crashes when drag-copying even the simplest objects. In the latest example it was a line segment -- two connected vertices. After recovering, I rebuilt the objects and tried again -- same result. This is such a basic operation that I do it without thinking -- having it cause an instant crash is very debilitating to my workflow.

MacOS 10.12.6
    iMac Retina 5K 27in Late 2015
    4GHz Core i7
    32GB RAM

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

This bug has been fixed with AI version 23.0.2 & fix has been verified from Brendon (Hotdoor).

Please update AI to latest version 23.0.4 (MAC) & 23.0.3 (WIN).

Please do let us know if it is still reproducible at email id:
    sharewithaaiATTHERATEadobeDOTcom

For the crash during image crop you need to start a new thread as it is different from the crash described in this thread.

Thanks & Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh
    Illustrator Team

15. Color panel switches from secondary display to the primary display

I run 2 monitors in Windows 7, most typically with my artboard window on the left (display 'A'), and a layout of panels on the right (display 'B').

Not sure whether it started with this immediately after installing 2019, but today, any click on a Fill/Stroke proxy, either the one in the Color panel, or the one at the bottom of the Tools panel, the Color panel instantly jumps from display B to (the same position on) display A.

So here's the normal state:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2549930

See the Color panel at the bottom of the second-from-left column of panels on display…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug: Illustrator 22.1 Not Usable Since Mojave Update

1. Mojave update on latest Illustrator CC version 22.1

2. Basic usage of Illustrator

3. Use Illustrator normally

4. Random mouse clicks, movements etc making illustrator unusable. It's as if the interface and cursor just has a mind of its own sometimes. Even happening with Illustrator CS6 - Photoshop and InDesign CC have no issues at all.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bounding box suddenly disappears using Selection Tool

Suddenly disappears, but when a select scale then select the "Selection Tool" again the Bounding box reappears. When it is gone, togglingthe quick key, has no effect though t changes the menu state for turning it on and off. Also, when it can't be seen, a small icon for the bounding box is in the corner, occasionally.

Sound familiar to anyone else?

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stroke with gradient: overprinting attribute not set

When a stroke with a gradient is set to overprinting, the overprinting attribute is not set anymore when reopening the file.

Attached is a screenshot of an example.

We are using CC 2018 and CC 2017, on Mac OS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 on various machines.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Tiny size indicators on high-resolution displays

I have Windows 10 and a display with a resolution of 2560x1440 and a scaling of 150%. Illustrator displays tiny size indicators. Take a look at the screenshots.

This is a long-standing problem with the scaling of the Illustrator interface. Please correct it, my eyes hurt.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.

Warm Regards,

20. AI displays an error dialog on opening a file having STROKE OFFSET effect applied to a STRAY object

Continue to get this error message even though I've uninstalled/reinstalled every CC product including the loader app. Then there's an additional message, "An error occurred while processing the appearance of an object." It happens when switching out from outline mode, also when copying multiple items and then trying to paste them.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 11 13 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base