3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Transform Again (Crtl D)

"Transform Again" often doesn’t work on more complex objects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Svg export

Hi! I met with you at CreativePro conference in Seattle. I would like to see more control when exporting svg from Illustrator. More specifically, the ability to remove the title tag when exporting. If not, that's ok, the svgomg site cleans up svg code well. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Glyph rendering bug with non-empty space char on OT-SVG fonts

The space character is not rendered consistently when it includes an SVG glyph:

• The glyph is invisible by default

• But - as expected - it is visible in full color when moving the text object, and in greyscale version when switching to Outline mode

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Text missing in SVG files

This is the first time trying to use Illustrator since it updated to the newest version (23.0.1) and updating my Mac to High Sierra (10.14). I have previously used Illustrator to edit SVG files, specifically the text in those files. When I open similar SVG files in the new Illustrator, all of my text is missing. My computer is due for a small update which will go through later tonight but this seems like a bug within Illustrator. When I open the SVG in Photoshop 2019 and re-export it as a SVG, I am able to see the text in…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Color palette overrides fill colors and color modes in Illustrator 2018

Hi, I am a design professor and most students in my class experienced a specific problem when we were doing an exercise to learn how to apply the correct color palettes to different logo files. Specifically, we created fictional identity designs as a means to learn how to create a production-ready bundle of files (a logo with versions in b&w, spot color (Pantone), 4-color process, and RGB). Almost 100% of my 18 students had their 4-color process file -- which was filled with CMYK colors upon designing, and should have stayed CMYK -- show up as being filled with RGB…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Performance issues in pixel preview on 5K retina screen

When working in pixel preview mode on the retina screen of my iMac, the scrolling and zooming in Illustrator are very laggy. Please do the needful ASAP or we plan to move to "Affinity" because illustrator is unusable for me and its impact our workflow.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pasted artwork does not remember sublayers

When pasting artwork from one file to another with matching layer and sub-layer names, Illustrator will not remember sub layers and pasted artwork has to be re-sorted in to sub layers.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Smart Guides no longer work.

Smart Guides no longer work in Illustrator

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. grid snapping don't works on internal point

it's not really Smart Guides, take a path drawn freely. after activating the grid, if you want to align an internal point of the path to a point grid you can't. the magnetisme apply only on the bounding box of the path not on the point you show.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can't move paragraph indent markers back to 0 in tab panel

Illustrator CC 2018
    Windows 10

When I try to move the top or bottom indent markers back to zero, it snaps back to its original place.
    If I type 0 in the X: box, it doesn't work.
    If I set it to 1, cliclk in the X: box and press the down arrow on my keyboard, it doens't work.

The only way to set it back is via the Paragraph panel.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Alt-Drag to Duplicate (and Shift to align) Only Works Intermittently

Duplicating objects in Illustrator CC 2017 only works on occasion, it is not consistent as it was in previous versions. Holding Shift to align while dragging and duplicating also doesn't work. These were both key features of Illustrator and if there is a way to fix this problem I would be very interested to know how!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. SVG Export Missing XML Encoding Tag

The latest updates to Illustrator (21.0.1) seems to have removed the all-important encoding tag required by browsers to render SVG appropriately when embedding etc. in an html page.

It exports the svg without this tag at the beginning of the file.
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  11 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hide text highlighting on "Hide Edges" (CMD+H)

This was never fixed in CC 2015 - 2017 and the same **** bug is in CC2018.

In ALL previous versions of AI prior to CC2015 (or at least as far back as CS5 when I got Illy), if you selected text with the Text Tool which made the text highlighted, if you then performed the Hide Edges command, the highlight would NOT show... that way you could change the color, Tracking, font size etc of ONLY the SELECTED characters without affecting the others.

The "big deal" here is when you are trying to see the color change take effect…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Smart guides not working on Text Area boxes

Mac OS 10.11.6 El Capitan (and also Windows 10)
    Illustrator CC 2018

Hi!
    I have a problem with the latest version of Illustrator (I just upgraded from CS6):
    Smart Guides do not appear on Text Area boxes (corners or sides), for example when I want to draw a line with the pen from one corner of a box to a corner of another box).
    They do appear normally on other objects.

Snap to Grid and Snap to Pixel are off. Snap to Point is on, but the problem is the same when off.

Is anyone experiencing the same? Is there…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Editing a small CC Library object breaks the thumbnail

Editing small CC Library items leads to imminent damage to it's thumbnail.

1 Create an object in Illustrator (for testing purpose make it 4pt x 4pt)
    2 Add it to cc library (noth that thumbnail is generated properly)
    3 Edit the cc lib. object in illustrator (anything will do just add a rectangle anywhere on the canvas)
    4 Save/close the CC lib object

Expected: the thumbnail is updated and represents the content of the CC item
    Observed: the thumbnail is ridiculously small/not readable

Check the screenshots and video attached.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. ブラックの色をドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100の色がリッチブラックになる

塗り(または線)を画像のように下のブラックを選択するところからドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100がリッチブラックになってしまった。 
ドラッグ&ドロップではなく、クリックで色を選ぶとBK100になる。スウォッチの中に入っているブラックからドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100になる。これはCS6の時からある
バグです。 

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug when Setting Artboard Ruler Origins

Ai v 22.0.0
    macOS 10.12.6

After updating from CC 2017 to CC 2018, I can now no longer assign individual Artboard Ruler Origins to each Artboard in a document

I use several nested Artboards to control different areas of the same artwork and assign the Ruler Origin of each to the same object. After the update, I can now only assign the ruler origin of one of the nested Artboards to the selected object; the Origin does not change on the others.

I have tried deleting all existing Artboards and then creating them and setting the Ruler Origin one at…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New swatch is NOT global by default

1. Use the color panel to customize a fill or stroke color.

2. Drag the fill or stroke box into the body of the Swatches panel to create a swatch for the color.

3. Swatch is not global as stated in https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Touch Bar Color Controls are Broken

Touch bar controls do not change the color of objects when using sliders, and swatches save to touch bar but not to actual swatches panel. Cannot delete swatches from Touch Bar.

MacBook Pro Late 2016 + Latest MacOS

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Large Amounts of Text overrun text area, disregard justification

I'm using Illustrator CC (2017).
    I am creating a 6'x4' poster, where a single text box holds the entire text of the Bible (~730,000 words) as a single string of text (regular spaces between words, but no paragraph returns) in Helvetica Neue Lt Std, 107 Extra Bold Condensed, 3 pt size with 2.7 pt leading, all caps, full justification, default hyphenation. I am using a text wrap around a compound object with a transparent fill to create a negative space in the midst of this text block (in my case, that compound object is text converted to a shape, so…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base