3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tool Options Palettes Absent On Launch

The tool options palettes (those you select from the Window menu) are occasionally absent on launch. Not every time. Not even most times. It seems to occur in waves; sometimes more frequent, sometimes less frequent. Lately, it's been a near daily occurrence.

Choosing the palettes in the Window menu when this happens does nothing.

I have the palettes grouped in a single column, but it seems to make no difference whether they're grouped or spread out. Likewise it makes no difference if they're on my primary or secondary monitor.

Currently installed version: 23.0.3
    I have CC set to auto update.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PNG export broken

I receive an error every time I try to export a PNG from any file. Other export formats work without a problem.

Working on a Macbook Pro with MacOS Mojave running the latest version of Illustrator (updated this morning).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. crash

CRASHING VERY OFTEN.
    I am hard Illustrator user, for over 20 years. For my surprise, this October version crashes almost every day. I reinstalled the sofware in one Dell XPS 8700 Machine and in a brand new Samsung X40 Notebook. In both cases AI still crashing suddenly. Hope you Dev Team guys work ******* this, becaus one of the reasons to use AI was its stability. No more...

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Align distribute center doesn't work

Trying to use Align>Distribute center with Align to Selection selected - on a group of elements.

Elements arent distributed symmetrically but seem to randomly distribute, some elements very close together and others very far apart. Same issue has been repeating since updating to 23.0.1. Working on MacOS Mojave 10.14.

For example the attached 3 elements were aligned with horizontal center distribution, but the center object moved close to the left text block.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pen Pressure not working

For some reason pen pressure isnt working in illustrator CC 2019. Im on Windows 10, and everything works fine in all other Adobe softwares. Have tried updating all the drivere and reinstalling illustrator bit noting works. Also tried resetting preferences.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 23.0.1 Windows 10: Screen goes black frequently

23.0.1 Windows 10: Illustrator causes screen to go black frequently. This usually occurs when saving a document

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Smart Guides not working

I have smart Guides enabled and Snap to Point enabled. Neither are working. Frustrating.

Ai CC 22.0.1

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. hand tool missing

the hand tool does not show up when i click the zoom tool and the little arrow in the bottom right corner of that tool. it shows nothing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can't open .dwg files all of a sudden

Ai CC 2019 - Can no longer open dwg files - the error is "unknown file format" the old work around used to be to save the .dwg & all xref's to a 2010 version and it would open. Super frustrating as this has occurred in the middle of a project. How to get the dwg's compatible again?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Minus Front - Incomplete Shapes

This is an odd issue that is kind of hard to explain. Whenever I am using the minus front tool on some objects, the appearance doesn't end up quite right. For example, I subtracted these outlined text characters from a black background. The blue outlines show that they were subtracted correctly, but the white background showing through is cut off in the wrong spots?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. artboard

I am having issues with the alignment of the image on the artboard. It seems the rectangle I used to cover the artboard isn't lining up. I am not sure if this is a problem or I simply don't know how to fix it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. lastest update crashes CONSTANTLY

Just updated to version 23.0 via CC panel and Illustrator won't run more than 2 minutes at a time without crashing. I can't keep it open long enough to determine if there's a specific trend or problem. Selecting any tool from any palette, or trying to move an object on the art board, or while typing... just locks up no matter what I do. VERY FRUSTRATING.

For what it's worth, I'm on Windows 10 with 32 gb of RAM running 64 bit version of Illustrator. Never crashed before the update.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 23.0.3 keyboard shortcuts stop working

after roughly 15 minutes of designing, my illustrator keyboard shortcuts no long work. When I select a shortcut (eg command z, or command s), I simply get a system error sound, but no action. This is true for ALL shortcuts

i am then forced to use the menu items, or restart illustrator to keep working normally.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Crashes in Windows 10 after closing Illustrator Version 23.03

Illustrator crashes in Windows 10 after closing Illustrator version 23.03. Please have your developers check this error. I am including a screenshot of the error everytime that Illustrator is closed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Save error with embedded PDF (Unknown error occurred)

Just updated CC to latest version on my MacBookPro 2017, and now I am unable to save a ill document which contains an embedded PDF inside. PDF was created from a scan on a Xerox WorkCentre 7855.

PS: Why can't I copy content from file info in file Properties? That is just dumb!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I CAN'T MOVE ELEMENTS OR TYPE. PLEASE FIX ASAP.

I can't move elements, I can't select or move text???

I am trying to work..This isn't okay.

:O(

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. freeform gradient

Once applied, a freeform gradient is no longer editable. Ex. If I apply to a circle, and click off to work on something else, then come back to the circle, I can't edit it again. The circles don't appear, and I am hitting "edit gradient". Maybe windows bug? When I watch tutorials on this, only need to select object and open freeform gradient tool to be able to edit gradients again.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Illustrator problem

This is not ethical. I know that. But I want to publish this video. Just explain to me why these problems are caused. I've never seen any logical explanations until this time. And that makes me sad.
    Illustrator is very clumsy, slow, has bad performance, interface bad and exhausting.
    Example, I can't easily apply effects on an object or text. Restricts me with everything. These are very simple and the features that should be. I'm sure a lot of people think that.

Affinity is small size, more practical and user-friendly, faster and cheaper.
    Many of your competitors come up with…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Could not read file because the plug in did not understand this file

Hi,

Illustrator was working fine, suddenly crashed and now says: 'Could not read the file because the plugin did not understand this file' everytime I try to launch.

I had alot of vectors on the document and several artboards and copies of work, some complex shapes and masks ect. Some of the some of the shapes which were masks in groups were clipping images, some of these clipping mask groups had been copied across documents and had missing links, which may be part of the problem.

Upon launching Illustrator a dialogue box appears and asks to 'replace' or 'ignore' the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base