3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Selecting Object Accuracy

The selection accuracy of both the arrow tools and the text tools is not very accurate and hence quite annoying now. Illustrator 2017 didn't have this issue. I can clearly see that I'm clicking on the intended object, but illustrator selects the object next to it. It is as if clicking on the object with a "fat finger". The same thing happens with the text selection tool.

As a technical illustrator, I like to keep the accuracy of selection to a fine level.

To work around this issue I have to zoom in more than expected. I have adjusted the…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need your help in re-creating this issue at our end. If this issue is reproducible at will, please reach out to sharewithai@adobe.com with your convenient time for remote screen sharing. If this happens intermittently, please do screen recording and send us the same. Any other details that help in re-creating this issue will be helpful (files, workspace, plug-ins, preferences, etc.)

-Rama
    Illustrator Team

2. JPG Import bug CC 2019

macOS 10.13.6
    Ai 23.0

Try to open or place a .jpg or .jpeg file
    -> Error-Message "File could not be read because there was an error"

Does work with other images. I attached the original image.

(After running the image through imageOptim the import works)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Artboard numbering bug in illustrator CC 2018

when open more then 9 artboards, illustrator make the same page number for some of the artbords (look at the video attached).
    it open 1-9 artboads normally the next artboard is no 10 but 11 and also the one after it also 11 then until 14 it's also OK but then no 15 artboard but 2 16!
    it make very hard to export the artboard that have the same page number
    and generally really confusing

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New text box appearing on clicking in current text box

When you click in a text box with the type tool, it'll create a new text box unless you click on the actual word you want to modify. Or if you are trying to add something to the end of your text and click like a millimeter off the letter, it'll create a new text box.

This is super annoying and I'm not quite sure why this function is necessary. It didn't use to be like this until the last update. Please look at this for the next update for those who use a lot of text in Illustrator.

Thank…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue and getting back to you this late.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house.

Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1)Is this Issue still happening on your machine on Latest version 23.0.3 ?
    2)Can you kindly provide Test File via (File→Package)and open Info Panel & provide some video while repeating steps with which you are facing this issue and share with us.
    It will help us to understand your issue more clearly and we can investigate this further.

Kindly share the requested information at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.
    Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

5. Artboard Numbering Error

I have a document that consists of 75 artboards but the numbering on the left shows two artboards with the same 66 number instead of artboard 65 followed by artboard 66. However on export, exporting artboard 65 Illustrator exports it normally. So it's just a visual bug.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

1)Kindly provide the Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing this issue.
    2)Kindly try the below workaround and let us know if that helps with the issue:
    Kindly rename your Preferences folder placed in below location and share this folder with us in a zip file.

MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings//
    WIN: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

6. AI CC2017 open slow, lags, slow response while while working in Windows 10

AI CC2017 open slow, lags, slow response while while working in Windows 10

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue and sorry for the inconvenience caused .
    I would be needing your help in isolating the issue, request you to be co-operative and patient. Please let me know few details-

Version of illustrator you are currently working on
    Your hardware specs
    Is this specific to some file?
    If yes will it be possible for you to share the file with us at sharewithai@adobe.com

Please mention the link to this issue as the subject while mailing us. Ritika from our team will help you on this.

7. Illustrator CC 2018 - Error code 145 during updates

Simply fix this bug once and for all.
    It happens over and over and over again.

Exit Code: 145
    -------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
    - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 145) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeIllustrator22-Core', version:22.0.1.253
    FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeIllustrator22-Core Version: 22.0.1.253). Error code: '145'

WARN: Target directory already exists: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2018\Support Files\Contents\Windows'

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

1)Kindly use the Adobe Log Collector Tool, by following the steps mentioned in https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and collect the log files and share with us.

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

8. Can't select or hide layers, AI instantly changes it back

All was fine, until I discovered I can't change layers' visibility or lock them.
    Restart won't help. Please see animation attached and document shown.

I remember I had this bug before but it somehow went away.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. application frame

1. These are not 'ideas' they are bugs, errors, problems - stop with the Orwellian language, just makes you look insincere and untruthful.

The problem:
    When Application Frame is selected, files either do not display when opened or have a corrupted display. Doesn't happen every time, but quite often.
    Mac Pro macOS 10.12.6, Illustrator 22.1

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Artboard names are not saving in CC 22.1 - all artboard names "reset" when save/close

In the new version of Illustrator - CC 22.1 the ARTBOARD NAMES do not save anymore. To reproduce open a new illustrator document, set up 10 artboards, NAME THEM, save the document, close it, re-open the document, the names are GONE. Also, when opening illustrator files that PREVIOUSLY had artboard names, all names are gone. They have been replaced with generic artboard names. To fix the issue switch back to a previous version of illustrator, ie: 20 or below, and the artboard names are back and they stay.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. can't paste object. the requested transformation....

the image is 5 inches, and I'm pasting into a several page 8.5 x 11 document.... really can't tell you how much time I'm wasting, and I'm very irratated.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Window tabs in illustrator glitch can't navigate

I've lost the ability to navigate and manage my tabs in illustrator on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3. Multiple restarts of my computer have not solved this, please fix this super frustrating glitch!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 3d extrude and bevel problem

Illustrator crashes when attempting 3d extrude and bevel or it does not do extrude and bevel at all.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. CC 2018 Multiply Blend Mode Incorrect

CC 2018 & Mac Sierra

If you apply multiply blend mode to a path, group that and apply multiply again at the group level, you now get 2x multiply. This is wrong whether you look at this from a process ink or spot color printing.

Omg the uploaded example, I am expecting both left and right sides to be identical to each other, as in versions prior to CC2018.

We often get files from designers who will try to make a color look good on screen, and printing off a color laser printer. You could for example draw 2 overlapping…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Print  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We could reproduce this issue at our end, following are the findings

1. This issue is reproducible in CPU, GPU Rendering and Print Preview(thumbnail).
    2. Reproducible in older versions as well including Illustrator CS6 (not a new break in CC 2018)
    3. Works fine in Overprint Preview
    4. Works fine in Print & PDF

Please confirm above observation match with the problem reported in this issue

15. Lines under 1pt render thick in PDF

In Illustrator, lines thinner than 1pt end up rendering a mess (thick, out of alignment) when viewed in PDF. This is fixed in the viewer by un-checking "Enhance Thin Lines", but it is unreasonable to ask every client of a designer to update that setting. Furthermore it's impossible to un-check this setting, for example on the Vistaprint website where the PDF preview of an AI file is used as the product proof.

Please fix this. There have been a million excuses on why this is not a bug but a feature, but we NEED the ability to disable it from…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue and getting back to you this late.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1) Is this Issue still happening on your machine in the Latest version 23.0.3 ?
    2) If yes,Kindly provide Test file(Via File→Package) with which you are facing issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.

16. Strokes are become sporadic and missing in some places

Strokes are become sporadic and missing in some places. I don't know what the issue is. My strokes were perfect yesterday and now I update my mac and the strokes are now sporadic, jagged and missing in places. See screenshot.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We apologize for having such an irritating issue with your workflow.
    The issue is still not reproducible in-house. We need your help to reproduce the issue.
    Please provide your system details and the objects with which you are working.
    If issue is happening in any specific file and you can provide the file to us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com, also please do mention this User Voice thread link in the mail.

17. Layer Panel is blank & not representing any layer panel icons or titles

Layer Panel went blank randomly in a multi-layered project. Cannot view titles or any icons. Sometimes running the mouse over layer panel reveals the information that the mouse points at, however, only to disappear (title info, icons etc) if you click on layer.

Latest version of Illustrator CC 2018. Have rebooted system twice, one shutdown for several hours, one restart. Also researching online to find similar issues. Seems to be relatively new issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Can you please check layer options dialog?
    From panel flyout open Layer Options and see if the thumnails for “Layers” “Groups” and “Objects” are selected and “Top Layer Only” is Not selected.

Also “Show Layers Only” check box should be deselected.

let me know if this solves your problem or not?

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

18. Opacity bug

AI CC 2018
    I turned the opacity down on a selection to see below layers. Then I went to work on below layers. Upon returning to original layer and re-selecting the object to return it to 100% opacity it showed I was already at 100%. I could not get it back to 100% until I copied and pasted the object to a new layer.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

It seems like opacity is applied on the Layer and not on the object inside that layer. It is possible that the user is selecting object inside the layer and not the layer itself. Hence the user is able to see the opacity of object which is 100% in this case and not the changed opacity of layer.

19. Properties panel contents scaling and freezing

The contents of the Properties panel is scaling down to tiny sizes. It doesn't reset until you quit and reopen Illustrator (CC 2018).

The scaling happens with ⌘+scroll while hovering on the panel. The contents will scale up or down as long as you are holding the ⌘, but if you let it go while the contents are scaled down the panel with freeze at that scale and won't respond to ⌘+scroll anymore. The panel's functions still seem to work fine after this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  6 comments  ·  Properties Panel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Align not working when ALL items in a group are selected

Since updating to CC 2018, align to selection and align to artboard are not working when ALL items in a group are selected.

Align appears to work if ALL BUT ONE item in the group are selected ... but if the final item is selected, it stops working ... nothing happens.

This is not ideal as it means you then have to align the remaining item with the rest of the group manually ... with transform or by eye.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I am not able to reproduce the issue on my side and behavior is similar to Illustrator CC 2017 version. If you think behavior is changed in Illustrator CC 2018 kindly share a small video of Illustrator CC 2017 behavior and Illustrator CC 2018 behavior at sharewithai@adobe.com so I can further investigate it.

Please do mention the link of this thread so we can identify you

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base