3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Isolate Selected Groups Does Not Work in CC 2019

Spent 4 days following a tutorial thinking I was losing my mind.
    Then, it dawned on me I downloaded CC 2019 four days ago.
    Downloaded CC2017 and the operation works as advertised.
    Used especially for cartooning…
    Goes like this:
    1. Select all inked artwork>Object>Expand Appearances>Merge.
    Create and color a rectangle covering artwork.
    Select All>Merge
    Then>>>>>Right Click<<<< and click "Select Isolate Selected Groups”
    This will put editable color with all closed line work.

The enclosed pic is where things go wrong in 2019
    Once Isolate Selected groups is clicked you should be able to delete the outside green in isolation mode…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to save Illustrator file as svg using artboards

We use Illustrator to draw lots of icons.
    If we place each iocn on an artboard and try to save each artboard to a file by selecting Save as -> svg -> use artboards -> all,
    we expect multiple icons to be saved to multiple svg files.

We actually get multiple svg files, but each svg contains all layer names from the original file and one svg icon.

It would be very helpful, if manual cleanup after saving / exporting wasn't necessary.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SVG Export Distortion

I am having 0 success with Adobe Illustrator exports that incorporate filters. Some are stock images from Adobe stock that have polygonal patters. Others are 3D text rendered objects. Others are layers built with a variety of transparency filters and opacity settings. The SVG exports are not usable and we are resorting to .png files until we solve this. I saw a similar post that was unresolved: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/33118615-sizes-and-coordinates-get-distorted-in-svg-export
    I am using export settings with Styling: Presentation; Images: Preserve; Object ID: Minimal; 2 Decimals; Minify and Responsive checked. Other modifications to these settings has not worked.
    Additionally, many of the Adobe…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Poor quality images from Export for Screens

Mac OS 10.13.5, Illustrator 22.1

Images from artboards containing embedded raster files output using Export for Screens are of decidedly lower quality than those output from Save for Web. Please see the attached image for a side-by-side comparison. Save for Web is on the left, Explort for Screens on the right. Top images are actual size, bottom enlarged for emphasis. Notice the jaggies in the raster images.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue and getting back to you this late.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1) Is this Issue still happening on your machine in the Latest version 23.0.3 ?
    2) If yes,Kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at
    ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.
    Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks and Regards

5. Pasted/Embedded Images are disappearing

1. 22.0.1 on MacOS 10.13.3

2. Illustrator closes either through my action or an unexpected crash

3. I expect all of the embedded files I've been working with to display on the canvas

4. A handful of the images will appear, but almost everything that has been linked (then embedded) or pasted into the file only appears as an empty bounding box. The images will only reappear if I use the link panel to hunt for each file and place it again. 40 minutes into this, I don't even know if I'll be able to fix all of the images that I pasted into…
    22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

When this issue occur please share the AID file with us without closing illustrator.
    1) If you are using Adobe Illustrator 2020 , Could you kindly share you AID file with us in a zip file. You would be able to find the AID file in preferences folder in the below location:

MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings// DataRecovery/ (Kindly press Command + Shift + G and write ~/Library and ok and then go to preferences )
    Win: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\ \x64\DataRecovery\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

6. Illustrator doesn't open

I simply can't open Illustrator anymore. The screenshot below shows how Illustrator appears when it's open. I can only see the top bar, none of the actual interface. I'm working on MacOS Mojave Version 10c.14.1 Illustrator version 23.01

I even tried uninstalling and installing it again but nothing changed.

Thank you
    Corina

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Crash while setting up Action

Illustrator crashes every-time I try to set up a new action. I am trying to create a shade effect of a "sticker" but doing the following:
    - Take outline vector (which is white path)
    - Duplicate
    - Switch to fill
    - Change color to black
    - Apply Shear at 20 degrees
    - Edit opacity to 20%
    - Crash

Just curious as to why this happening. Possibly due to my file size? 162.5 MB

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Illustrator CC is in Overprint mode super slow

Dear User Voice Team,

While working in overprint view , Illustrator slows down and starts freezing

Im working on:
    HP Z440
    Intel Xeon E5 1620 v4 @ 3.50 GHz
    64 GB DDR4
    NVIDIA Quadro P4000 - 8192 MB
    Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit

We have 2 other computers with specifications below, which work perfectly fine :

1) Asus ROG G75 VW
    Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit
    Intel® Core™ i7 3610QM
    16 GB - DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670M with 3GB GDDR5
    Illustrator CC 2018

2) iMac (27-inch, late 2013)
    macOS High Sierra - Version 10.13.6 …

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Sanan,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. And, Sorry for getting back so late. we are not able to reproduce this issue in-house.
    1. Are you still getting this issue on latest version of Illustrator?
    2. Would it be possible for you to share the video of the same?

Thanks
    Anish

9. the letter "i" is sometimes not exported to SVG

the letter "i" is sometimes not exported to SVG..
    For example: i tried to export the following paragraph to SVG:
    "Synchronization job is designed to perform file transfer between multiple agents back and forth, or perform one-way file transfer. Files in the shares can be modified, new file added and some deleted, and these changes synced to other agents in real time."

the word "file" always gets exported as "fle"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Selecting Object Accuracy

The selection accuracy of both the arrow tools and the text tools is not very accurate and hence quite annoying now. Illustrator 2017 didn't have this issue. I can clearly see that I'm clicking on the intended object, but illustrator selects the object next to it. It is as if clicking on the object with a "fat finger". The same thing happens with the text selection tool.

As a technical illustrator, I like to keep the accuracy of selection to a fine level.

To work around this issue I have to zoom in more than expected. I have adjusted the…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need your help in re-creating this issue at our end. If this issue is reproducible at will, please reach out to sharewithai@adobe.com with your convenient time for remote screen sharing. If this happens intermittently, please do screen recording and send us the same. Any other details that help in re-creating this issue will be helpful (files, workspace, plug-ins, preferences, etc.)

-Rama
    Illustrator Team

11. JPG Import bug CC 2019

macOS 10.13.6
    Ai 23.0

Try to open or place a .jpg or .jpeg file
    -> Error-Message "File could not be read because there was an error"

Does work with other images. I attached the original image.

(After running the image through imageOptim the import works)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Artboard numbering bug in illustrator CC 2018

when open more then 9 artboards, illustrator make the same page number for some of the artbords (look at the video attached).
    it open 1-9 artboads normally the next artboard is no 10 but 11 and also the one after it also 11 then until 14 it's also OK but then no 15 artboard but 2 16!
    it make very hard to export the artboard that have the same page number
    and generally really confusing

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Font Suggestion/Preview Font NOT Working

When I select my text box and then go to the Font pull down menu, I used to be able to use my arrow key and scroll through the font menu. While doing this the font box in my document would preview the fonts. Now I literally have to mouse over the font in the menu, which IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING and time consuming. Please fix this feature!!!

Or I could start typing in a font and Illustrator would suggest fonts as I type - this no longer work either.

CC2018

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. New text box appearing on clicking in current text box

When you click in a text box with the type tool, it'll create a new text box unless you click on the actual word you want to modify. Or if you are trying to add something to the end of your text and click like a millimeter off the letter, it'll create a new text box.

This is super annoying and I'm not quite sure why this function is necessary. It didn't use to be like this until the last update. Please look at this for the next update for those who use a lot of text in Illustrator.

Thank…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue and getting back to you this late.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house.

Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1)Is this Issue still happening on your machine on Latest version 23.0.3 ?
    2)Can you kindly provide Test File via (File→Package)and open Info Panel & provide some video while repeating steps with which you are facing this issue and share with us.
    It will help us to understand your issue more clearly and we can investigate this further.

Kindly share the requested information at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.

15. Artboard Numbering Error

I have a document that consists of 75 artboards but the numbering on the left shows two artboards with the same 66 number instead of artboard 65 followed by artboard 66. However on export, exporting artboard 65 Illustrator exports it normally. So it's just a visual bug.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

1)Kindly provide the Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing this issue.
    2)Kindly try the below workaround and let us know if that helps with the issue:
    Kindly rename your Preferences folder placed in below location and share this folder with us in a zip file.

MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings//
    WIN: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

16. Can't select or hide layers, AI instantly changes it back

All was fine, until I discovered I can't change layers' visibility or lock them.
    Restart won't help. Please see animation attached and document shown.

I remember I had this bug before but it somehow went away.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Illustrator CC 2018 - Error code 145 during updates

Simply fix this bug once and for all.
    It happens over and over and over again.

Exit Code: 145
    -------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
    - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 145) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeIllustrator22-Core', version:22.0.1.253
    FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeIllustrator22-Core Version: 22.0.1.253). Error code: '145'

WARN: Target directory already exists: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2018\Support Files\Contents\Windows'

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

1)Kindly use the Adobe Log Collector Tool, by following the steps mentioned in https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and collect the log files and share with us.

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

18. AI CC2017 open slow, lags, slow response while while working in Windows 10

AI CC2017 open slow, lags, slow response while while working in Windows 10

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue and sorry for the inconvenience caused .
    I would be needing your help in isolating the issue, request you to be co-operative and patient. Please let me know few details-

Version of illustrator you are currently working on
    Your hardware specs
    Is this specific to some file?
    If yes will it be possible for you to share the file with us at sharewithai@adobe.com

Please mention the link to this issue as the subject while mailing us. Ritika from our team will help you on this.

19. application frame

1. These are not 'ideas' they are bugs, errors, problems - stop with the Orwellian language, just makes you look insincere and untruthful.

The problem:
    When Application Frame is selected, files either do not display when opened or have a corrupted display. Doesn't happen every time, but quite often.
    Mac Pro macOS 10.12.6, Illustrator 22.1

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Artboard names are not saving in CC 22.1 - all artboard names "reset" when save/close

In the new version of Illustrator - CC 22.1 the ARTBOARD NAMES do not save anymore. To reproduce open a new illustrator document, set up 10 artboards, NAME THEM, save the document, close it, re-open the document, the names are GONE. Also, when opening illustrator files that PREVIOUSLY had artboard names, all names are gone. They have been replaced with generic artboard names. To fix the issue switch back to a previous version of illustrator, ie: 20 or below, and the artboard names are back and they stay.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base