4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Moving items

I'm using an iMac with High Sierra, Illustrator version 24.2.3

When I paste or draw an object Illustrator intermittently doesn't allow me to move the item. I can select it and can see the bounding box and anchor points, but can't move it. I've tried selecting different parts of the object but still can't move it.

The solution I have found it to restart Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Individual anchor points fail to move with direct selection tool, and cannot add, delete or modify anchor points.

Individual anchor points fail to move with direct selection tool, and cannot add, delete or modify anchor points. It happens only after a period of time working in a file. If I cut and paste the shape, the ability to manipulate the anchors returns for a time. If I close and reopen the file, the same is true. Working in the print industry, this is a big waste of time dealing with this bug. Happening on all systems in the department. Also just updated to 24.2.3, no change.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Straight line extension does not work if the adjacent point has a handle

I have a shape.
    Some points of it have handles, some are not.
    For example, two points adjacent to the the bottom-most one: the right one has no handles, the left one has one.
    This, for some user-unfriendly reasons, matters and dictates Ai to draw an extension or not to.
    If I grab bottom point and try to move it along the right segment’s virtual extension, AI draws it for me and I can snap the point to it — 'because the adjacent point has no handles'.
    If I move this same point along the basically same straight left segment,…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change Illustrator paste offset distance to closer to cursor inside of viewing area

Illustrator often pastes objects randomly outside of my viewing area, and I have to zoom out and scroll over to get it. I want to change the offset distance so it pastes inside my view area, not outside of it. OR, make it paste near where the cursor is, not way off somewhere.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. errors loading plugins on 2020 illustrator

Since i updated my Illustrator to the latest 2020 version, i get a list of about 15 or more plugins not loaded successfully...

i can open my project but then my work space is gone and all my drawing tools to the left are gone and i cannot do stroke, fill or shapes....my older version was working perfect... now my computer crashes every 15 min and i get errors of plugins not loaded when i start again....so frustrating i am about to cancel my membership.

i tried installing the older version i had and i still get the errors.
    i…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In the latest version cursor keys are now moving the selected objects/nodes 2 pixels instead of 1

Up until 24.2.1 if I selected an object or node and hit the cursor keys they would move 1 pixel in the direction of the key. Now all of a sudden they move 2. makes trying to align/tweak the position of objects/nodes really difficult and painful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Custom Brush

I am not able to change the color for my custom brushes. Whenever I select a new color for the brush, the brush still paints black. I have opened and closed the program several times but nothing has worked. I have deleted and made new brushes, but I am still having the same problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Paths not dividing / uniting correctly (jittery paths)

It seems that with more complex paths, using the unite and divide Pathfinder tools create jittery shapes (when you zoom in very very close, you can see that the merging / division isn't perfect and that shapes have been disfigured). Same with paths / shapes where smooth corner have been used: use of Pathfinder tool is going to disfigure them. (posted to the support on Twitter)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Simplify Path flags points incorrectly as smooth

When using Simplify... on a path with several corner points, the resulting simplified path will have several of its corner points flagged as "smooth". As soon as you try to move one of the tangents of the incorrectly flagged corner point, the opposite tangent will snap into a colinear position.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. align palette + distribute spacing bug

When making a selection of objects and choosing a key object while the align palette is inactive, upon activating the align palette the distribute spacing value entry is grayed out.
    It works fine if you make the exact same steps while the align palette is active.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Moving nodes snaps back to original position

I am experiencing since last few updates, the nodes if we want to move after converting type to outlines or any object, snaps back to its original position. Seems to be a bug and annoying as it is not allowing to move the node to desired position.

Anyone having this issues and any solution to this?

Rehan

Mac OS 10.15.6
    Illustrator Version 24.2.1

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Rotate lagging/hangs, whenever I'm in rotate tool and rotating lines or objects, sometimes I experience lagging about 1 - 2 minutes

it stucks on this cursor here(image attached), it will last 30 seconds - 1-2 minutes, been dealing with this for a long time.

Looking forward for the fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Selecting two objects adds millions of points to second path...

Adobe Illustrator 24.2.1 (and its predecessor) have a horrible feature which I assume is a bug. When selecting two separate paths (or even two separate text objects) using the Selection Tool or Direct Selection Tool, it seemingly adds millions of points to the second path. The points are not really added and don't actually exist, but they LOOK like they do, meaning it adds a thick blue line along it that looks ghastly and is completely off-putting. I can't use those versions at all and have had to stick to 24.1.3 which is the latest version to not do it.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Shape builder not working consistently for the same shape after being moved

I have a perfect tangent (generated by code) that will work in the top part of the attached file. The bottom part will not work for the shape builder tool.

Reflecting the shape or moving it might fix one or both of the bits, and allow them to be "shape built". It might also break the possibility of "shape building".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. magic wand nonfunctional

The magic wand tool has never worked. It does nothing. No matter what option is enabled or what I click on, it is non functional.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Lost Feature

Before the last update I used to be able to draw a square or ellipse then type the location I wanted to place it, X or Y. Now that is gone. Now I have to open another box "TRANSFORM" in order to place the shape exactly where I wanted it. Very inconvenient. If I at least had the ability to dock that box at the top it would make life much easier. It has been at the top for as long as I can remember. I often use this like a CAD software when I draw. The last update made…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Illustrator not recognizing strokes from imported document using Blend Tool with specified steps

I've imported a document into build 24.3 that was previously created in the latest version of Illustrator, and strokes used in a blend of two lines using a width profile are not present. Instead, they are seen as fills, with no ability to edit the stroke.

Using mid-2012 Mac Book Pro and 10.14.6 Mojave OS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Direct Selection tool duplicating when trying to drag

Ill 24.2.1
    Catalina 10.15.5
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)

Illustrator shut down so I rebooted. After reboot when I try to drag something with the Direct Select tool, it makes a duplicate and drags it instead.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Live text Rotation Bounding Box not Conforming

When rotating live text in Illustrator the bounding box expands greatly making rotating extremely hard. This problem has existed for approx a year? have managed to work around it but finally time to report it. Would be great to get it fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Brush Tool

in brush tool just showing random , and other option pressure and othrs its not working

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base