• New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Messed preview when opening multiple files

Last file opened in Illustrator transforms the preview of all previous files to look like that last one I opened so I can not differentiate files because they all appear the same from tab to tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Switched to another application, Unable to Save on return

I initiated a Save, making a New Folder, switched out of Illustrator to Chrome to get a job number to add to the folder name, switched back and was unable to type in the new folder window, or press the Cancel or Save buttons, or use keyboard! Clicking around I noticed I could select type in the input text field in a screen position that was NOT where the input field was. I moved the new folder modal to where I could select type and I was then able to press the buttons! I must have moved the modal either…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Files from Illustrator 9.x lose all layer names when loaded.

Today I was looking through some old files and discovered that things I drew when Illustrator 9 was the new hotness lose their layer names when loaded; everything is just named "<Layer>".

Observed on several versions from CC2018 (22.x, the oldest one on my computer that I can still run - maybe it's time to delete those older versions I still have kicking around) to 2020 (24.2.3).

I've attached a file that displays this behavior. Ignore the request for a linked file that I didn't include, it's just a scan of a rough sketch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Illustrator's "Open..." dialogue box's File Format type dropdown Locks program

1. System info:
      Windows 10 Pro v1903
      Illustrator 2020 v24.2.3

2. Launched the program, from the home screen, I went to File>Open... When the Dialogue box for opening a file popped up, I went to the filetype selector to the right of the file name field, and clicking the dropdown arrow causes the program to lock up.

3. I expected a dropdown to allow me to filter visible by file types.

4. I had to force quit the application.

5. See attached for referenced dropdown selector.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Save for Web broken in v24.2.x

Windows 10 x64 v1909.

In previous versions of Illustrator (up to v23.1), Save to Web would work correctly even when a file had multiple artboards. However in v 24x; the Save for Web is adding additional pixels around the image even when the artboard selected does not have additional space.

I have attached two screengrabs of the same file, one using AI2019 (correct)_ and the other using AI2020. In both cases the identical artboard is selected and same settings applied.

Further, if the 'crop to artboard' option is checked, then an additional line of transparent pixels appears in the outputted…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. cursor location in file name when exporting from illustrator

this has changed. Now when I export my files from illustrator, the cursor is automatically at hte end of the .png. I'm never going to manually overwrite the file extension! If I pressed the right arrow in the past, the cursor stopped before the dot and I could add a bit or change the file name easily. now I have to remember to press the left arrow several times to get past the file extension

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. File closes WITHOUT SAVING when I open the same file with missing linked images

win 10 AI 24.2.3

Steps: (actual result)
    1. Open file, work on it
    2. File > Open Recent File > select the same file
    3. Warning prompt for missing linked image > Choose Cancel (see attachment)
    4. THE OPENED FILE WILL CLOSE WITHOUT SAVING

expected result:
    It should ask if I want to open a file that is already opened, and when I click cancel on the missing file warning prompt, it should not close my working file, it should just cancel the open file in a new window option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hanging on "Unembed"

When trying to "unembed" an image in an AI file, it is very common for the software to completely stall when attempting to navigate to a save location. I have already run this problem through Apple (re:finder) and they claim that it is not a finder issue, but based in the selected software. Upon force quit and relaunch, the process will succeed. As a graphics professional, I have used this command many times daily, for 20 years, and have never experienced an issue until now. Honestly, I have no idea and cannot find any resources to reference.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export For Screens rememebers destination location (like 24.1.3 and earlier)

EXPORT FOR SCREENS: In Version 24.2 onwards, Illustrator exports the file to the same folder as the source AI file.

If I change the destination location, it reverts back to the same folder as the source when I reload Illustrator. Before this version, it would remember the destination location. I like to keep a separate folder for all exports, separate from my AI files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. “Save As” now selects not only the filename but also the extension

The selected area as of now was only the filname without the extension. That allowed you to simply give the file a new name. Now that the whole field (including the extension) is selected, you should give your new file an extension manually.
    That should be corrected.

P.S.: If you export files then this „behaviour” doesn't occur.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Saving of files DISCARDED in certain conditions

When I'm in the midlle of saving a file, (so while I get the progress percents next to the name of the file) if I press CTRL + SHIFT + S, it DISCARDS the saving of the .ai, no warning message as it previously did (something along the lines "The document "***" is currently getting saved. Try again after the process is complete") and proceeds with exporting the PDF, leaving me with an old version of the .ai file, and with a PDF that it's up to date.
    Windows 10
    Illustrator 24.2.3

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Transparent PNG exporting fine but gives black background when importing

I used Illustrator 24.1.1 to export transparent PNG images. I can use these images in other programs and as web images but when I want to use them in Illustrator again it opens with a black background. I've tried to copy and paste the images, I've tried to place it and even to open it and then drag it to my workspace. Nothing works. I'm using Windows 10.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Reading SVG does not respect dominant-baseline="middle" attribute

For <text> elements

dominant-baseline="hanging" and dominant-baseline="baseline" are parsed correctly, with text aligned on top and bottom, respectively.

But dominant-baseline="middle" is not respected, and is instead rendered as dominant-baseline="baseline".

This produces misaligned text, which is displayed aligned normally by Edge, Firefox, Chrome.

Cheers

Juraj

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Error while exporting to DWG format

I am using Adobe Illustrator CC 2017
    Operation cannot be performed due to unknown error. [PARM]
    I get this error every time i trying to export my Ilustrator file in Dwg format.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Error while exporting to DWG format

I am using Adobe Illustrator CC 2017
    Operation cannot be performed due to unknown error. [PARM]
    I get this error every time i trying to export my Ilustrator file in Dwg format.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. アートボード名が保存されない

1.Illustrator 2020(Illustrator 2019)

複数のアートボードを作成し、アートボードパネルにてリネームし保存をして閉じる。
    そのデータを開いて再度アートボードパネルにてリネームし
    書き出しjpgやpngをすると(アートボードごとに)、パネルの1番目(アートボードの1)のみリネームが反映されず元のネームで書き出されてしまいます。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Asset Library Export stopped working with batch exporting

From today for some reason batch exporting icons does not work in the Asset Export. I have a set of 150 icons that I use, and only change the color combinations as required. It always worked flawlessly. From today, When I click export, it seems to work, but no icons get exported when all are chosen. If I manually check a few at a time it works, but if I choose All Assets, it wont work anymore. Tried rebooting and clearing the cache.
    Windows 10
    Illustrator 24.2.1 64bit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. (macOS) File Format menu in save dialog becomes unresponsive after making a new folder

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Perform a Save As... command
    2. Navigate to somewhere in the file system using the save dialog
    3. Make a new folder in the destination
    4. The Format menu becomes unresponsive

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. illustrator very slow to export to PDF (all versions including latest)

I recently built a new computer as my laptop was taking too long to make PDFs, the new computer should be 2-4 times quicker but actually takes longer to make the PDF from exactly the same file.

The old computer is a 2017 MacBook Pro:
    Mojave 10.14.6
    i7 2.8ghz 4 core
    16gb 2133mhz LPDDR3 Ram
    Radeon Pro 560 4GB GDDR5 GPU
    512GB SSD

New computer is a Windows 10 Pro (fully updated)
    Ryzen 9 3950x 16 core 3.5Ghz
    64gb 3200Mhz DDR4 Ram
    Nvidia 2080 Super 8gb GDDR6 GPU
    2tb M.2 gen4 drive

The same file will pdf on the Mac…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base