Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16 results found

1. Illustrator Arabic text issue

Mac Os Big sur Version 11.6

Illustrator 26.0.2

Steps done -​ Opened existing files in 2022 version and the text was showing different as it shows in 2021 version. this issue with all the Ai files.

To show the issue, a screenshot is added below.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

GPU ドライバーが最新の状態で、システム互換性レポートダイアログが表示されるという問題が、最新リリースバージョン「Illustrator 2021 (ver.25.2.3)」で修正されましたので、製品アップデート後に挙動のご確認をお試しください。
    もし、まだ問題が再現するような場合は、ご使用のマシン情報の詳細もご報告ください。

よろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

3. illustrator v25.2.1 color profile keeps changing to emulate adobe illustrator 6.0

illustrator v25.2.1 color profile keeps changing to emulate adobe illustrator 6.0 once I set it to our teams color profile. Especially if I switch from AI to PS. Even after changing the profile in Bridge and synchronizing them.

136 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. M1 Apple McBook - Crashing

I just got a new MacBook Pro with the M1 Apple chip. Illustrator keeps freezing and crashing. It also causes my whole computer to crash! I heard many other people are having the same problem. It is unusable by this point!

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This issue (entire M1 McBook system freezes) is fixed for AI 25.0.1 and 25.1

This fix takes effect in a day’s time, if you still face this entire system freeze then please follow the steps to update

1). Backup your preferences and launch Illustrator with fresh preferences
    2). Quit and re-launch Illustrator once again
    3). Use Illustrator in your workflow

If you see AI crash and entire system is not freezing then please create a new issue.

5. Illustrator 2021 (Version 25.0.0) crashing when running Variable Importer script

Ever since the update, the program crashes when you either "test" the files before importing the variables or even if you skip this step and directly choose importing the variables, it completely crashes the application. I require this script for my job and have a project due this Friday, October 30th 2020. Please address immediately.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Illustrator 24.3 Crashing When Selecting Colours with the Layers Palette Open

See video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7hete8hhhe7mzv/Screen%20Recording%202020-09-11%20at%2014.34.23.mov?dl=0

Illustrator 24.3 crashes when changing the colour of a gradient handle if the Layers palette is open and on-screen. Video above is a freshly re-installed Illustrator in a brand new user account (macOS 10.15.6).

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

7. Overwriting PDF-Files does not work anymore with build 24.0.2 !

Overwriting PDF-Files does not work anymore with build 24.0.2 ! Till 24.0.1 it works. Pleas fix this. Current Update is a desaster.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We have fixed this issue in 24.0.3 version of Illustrator (MAC only issue). Please update to 24.0.3 if you are encountering this issue. For all the other issues which you are encountering regarding the update or the new document dialog or any other please create another User Voice thread for that issue so that we can track it there itself.

Thanks & Regards,
    Illustrator Team

8. Version 24.0.1 becomes unresponsive

I'm using Illustrator 24.0.1 with Windows 10 Pro

Since updating Illustrator keeps becoming entirely unresponsive midway through working with no warning and no way to save or quit.

Sometimes I can move the mouse over menu items, the drop down menu will be completely black and items 'appear' as I hover over them but I cannot click them. Other times I can not even access the menus and it is entirely unresponsive.

Since updating it has happened daily even when working on relatively simple artworks.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

9. Key object selection mismatch

When I select two objects and choose the key object for allignment, the top allignment option shows the «Align to key object» and object gets highlighted, however if I go to the sidebar to introduce a spacing number it shows «Align to selection» instead and I need to change the option again. This is so frustrating.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Applying Crop Filter causes illustrator to crash

Hi, I've been trying to use the crop tool from Pathfinder today and every time it's very slow, then freezes, then crashes.. I've got the latest update.. What can be the reason?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

11. AI displays an error dialog on opening a file having STROKE OFFSET effect applied to a STRAY object

Continue to get this error message even though I've uninstalled/reinstalled every CC product including the loader app. Then there's an additional message, "An error occurred while processing the appearance of an object." It happens when switching out from outline mode, also when copying multiple items and then trying to paste them.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

12. Saving a PDF compatible causes slow saving

I have a top end workstation so the spec isn't an issue. When saving an AI file, checking PDF compatible slows the save and subsequent saves significantly. Un-checking it results in normal performance. This was not an issue prior to the latest release.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Illustrator crashing repeatedly

Since upgrading to the previous release of Illustrator (current version 22.0.1) Illustrator has been crashing repeatedly. Sometimes for no reason, but most frequently on Save (Cmd+S or menu item). This occurs roughly 30 times per day.

Since updating to 22.0.1 when Illustrator crashes it also deletes all preferences in eluding keyboard shortcuts, user interface settings, file handling, performance - all of it.

Every time the programs crashes it leaves [random string].tmp files in the original files location.

I have tried a complete uninstall and reinstall on Illustrator, a seperate complete uninstall and reinstall of Creative Cloud and all apps -…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

14. Illustrator crashes when opening a file using 'double click' that has missing fonts.

Version: Adobe Illustrator 2018 CC v 22.0.1 (64 bit)

Step 1: I open a blank Illustrator for the first time and it opens fine.

Step 2: I double click a PDF from the back of an email attachment/the desktop etc and the file then tries to open in Illustrator.

Step 3: The file opens but at the same time a blank 'missing font' dialogue box appears and Illustrator crashes. (The missing font is 'Helvetica-bold')

Step 4: I have to close Illustrator using the task manager.

This only happens when the FIRST file I open is opened by double clicking it.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.

Warm Regards,

15. Units in AI 2018 not functioning properly

The new update to Illustrator, 2018, seems to be having issues with files made in previous versions of Illustrator, as of 10/19/17. I'm having trouble setting the Units. When I try to set my rulers to inches, they seem to remain at points - even the properties pallet.

Although, I just reinstalled 2017 (on 10/20/17) because of these bugs and when I launched the AI app from the CC app, it launched the 2018 version (since I had not yet uninstalled it). When I checked again, this issue seems to have been resolved since yesterday. I kept double checking and…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.3
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQ – illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/art.. if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html

16. Could not read file because the plug in did not understand this file

Not sure what is happening. I was able to open files before but now I receive a message

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Document recovery is now built inside Illustrator to recover incomplete/corrupt documents. Illustrator first tries to fix and open the native Illustrator document, if that fails then the PDF part of the document is recovered if it is available. Illustrator shows message to the user if any of the above attempts fails to recover the document.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base