3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Illustrator crashes when switching views in the Asset Export panel

Has this been reported yet? There's a really easy-to-reproduce crash bug in Adobe Illustrator involving the Asset Export panel that affects even the latest version (24.2) .
    If the Asset Export panel contains more than two items and an item other than the first is currently being renamed and the view is attempted to be switched from Grid View to List View, the mouse cursor will begin to move really slowly for a few seconds and after that, Illustrator will crash. See the video attached for a demonstration.

Some system info:
    Adobe Illustrator 24.2
    Version: 10.0
    System Architecture:…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Illustrator 2020 v24.1.1 - "Real-Time Drawing and Editing" can't save new symbol

I tested the new Real-Time Drawing and Editing feature today and found that once I finished my drawing, dragging it over to the Symbols pane to create a new symbol as I normally would resulted in the attached error.

This was the first bit of work I had done since enabling this new feature so I suspected it was the cause and I moved on to two other projects to confirm. One of those worked correctly - the simpler project - and the other did not. So two out of three drawings could not be turned into symbols, and the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Menu Issues

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.1
    Illustrator 22.0.1

When the Application Frame is disabled, the menu items are displayed incorrectly. The "View" menu is attached.

I have reset the preferences and the menus seemed to work fine, but when I disabled the application frame, they went crazy again.

Also discussed on Twitter with Customer Care. https://twitter.com/scottzirkel/status/928392054660530176

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Raghuveer responded

Hi Scott,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Illustrator team appreciates this.

We are able to repro this issue at our end.

With Best Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh

4. When group is selected the "Make pixel perfect" option is missing in the proportes panel

The "Make pixel perfect" option for selected objects is missing when they are grouped, in the previous version it was easily accessible from the top right corner icons now have to dig in the Object menu.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    We are moving this under review, meanwhile what you can do is use Right Click > Make Pixel Perfect or turn on control panel from Window > Control.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitish Agarwal
    Illustrator Team

5. Zoom options in View menu items have completely wrong labels

There's an absolutely bizarre off-by-two error in the View menu in Illustrator CC 22.0 that I just noticed while working on something today.

When initially starting Illustrator CC 22.0, the "Fit All in Window" and "Actual Size" items in the View menu have the correct labels (see attachment zoomoptscorrect.png). However, once a file has been opened, these menu items are assigned completely wrong labels, which should belong to the items two spaces lower in the menu — "Hide Edges" and "Hide Artboards", respectively (see zoomoptswrong.png).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Spacebar not working as quick hand tool

Spacebar has stopped working as hand tool as of 2018 update.

291 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

412 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Alt-Drag to Duplicate (and Shift to align) Only Works Intermittently

Duplicating objects in Illustrator CC 2017 only works on occasion, it is not consistent as it was in previous versions. Holding Shift to align while dragging and duplicating also doesn't work. These were both key features of Illustrator and if there is a way to fix this problem I would be very interested to know how!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base