Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

57 results found

1. Application name in dialogue box contains strange character

Illustrator version 27.6 shows strange characters in dialogue box.
    The app name is $$$/GeneralStr/196=Adobe Illustrator.
    It feels not good, to use an app with a strange behavior like this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Blank screen on start up and missed new features on new v. 27.6 (English language on Windows 10)

Just updated to the new version 27.6 in English language on Windows 10 pro, at the start up the home screen is totally blank (only the layout color instead of open, new file etc. buttons). Anyway I'm able to open files o new files from the menu. There is no trace of the new Ai features or of the other improvements coming with this new release. I tried both update from the previous version and install from scratch after cancelled the previous one but with no results.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Windows版27.3.1で現行版MS-IME利用時にCtrl+ホイール移動でフリーズ

Windows版27.3.1+MS-IMEが現行版(旧バージョンにしていない)の場合、Ctrl+マウスホイールによる横スクロールを実行するとフリーズします

1. Windowsの設定で、日本語IMEの全般設定で「以前のバージョンのMicrosoft IMEを使う」をOFFの状態(デフォルト状態)
    2. 27.3.1で新規ファイルを作成する
    3. Ctrl+マウスホイールで横スクロールを繰り返す

この操作のみでフリーズし、一切の操作がきかなくなります。

「以前のバージョンのMicrosoft IMEを使う」をONにすることで回避はできますが、従来の27.2ではこの問題は起きていませんでした。

こちらについてはIllustratorフォーラムの投稿にて発覚しました。https://adobe.ly/3JmAvWA
    https://adobe.ly/3Jna2rU

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

製品版ビルド27.5にて、こちらのバグが対応されました。Creative Cloud Desktopより、アップデートをしてお使いください。

バグ報告のご協力、大変ありがとうございました🙏また、ご迷惑をおかけしまして申し訳ありませんでした🙇‍♂️

4. 「上弦・下弦」の意味が逆

効果>ワープ>上弦・下弦
    こちらの「上弦・下弦」の意味が逆
    誤訳ではないでしょうか

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

5. Enter key does not commit a change in a panel / dialog / field

Transparency panel in Appearance window does not react on Enter in Illustrator 27.0

After the latest update, this bug is spotted. In Appearance window -> Opacity panel (either stroke or fill) -> enter desired opacity -> hit Enter/CR -> no reaction (expected: apply value and close the Opacity panel). The TAB button however still works (the value applies). Other panels work as they should and react Enter correctly.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.0.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

6. Dissapearing controls

My controls are dissapearing. Attached is a screenshot.
    I can select elements on the graphics but cannot see any buttons.
    Seems to be happening at random times. I have tried using 3 different PCs now and it happens on all 3.
    AI version: 26.5
    OS: Windows 10 Enterprise version 10.0.19042 Build 19042.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

7. ファイル保存時のオプションダイアログの位置が保持されない Save dialog gets shifted left each time

macOS10.15,7
    IlklustratorCC ver 26.5.1

ファイル保存時にファイル名を指定した後オプション設定画面が開きますが、このダイアログの位置が保存を繰り返すたびに左に移動します。最終的には半分見切れる状態となり、設定を行う為にダイアログウインドウ自体をマウスで移動させる必要があります。

再現方法
    1.ファイルを作成する。
    2.「ファイル→保存」でファイル名を任意に指定し、保存ボタンをクリック。
    3.従来のオプションダイアログは表示領域の中央に表示されましたが表示位置が左にずれています。
    4.1〜3を繰り返すと、最終的には半分見切れる状態まで移動してしまいます。

期待する動作
    従来のバージョンの様にダイアログの位置が意図に反して動かない。

現状の結果
    ダイアログが保存するたびに移動し、見切れてしまう。

対応策
    ダイアログをマウスでドラッグして位置を戻す。

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.1.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

8. ヒストリー項目が正しく表示されない

問題の説明:
    MacOS10.15.7 IllustratorCC ver.26.4.1

オブジェクトは複製されますが、ヒストリーパネル上では「取り消し」となります。

再現手順:
    1. ダイレクト選択ツールを選び、アートボード上のオブジェクトを選択
    2. キーボードのリターンキーを押し移動ダイアログを開く
    3. コピーボタンをクリックする
    4. ヒストリーパネル上では「取り消し」と表示されるがオブジェクトは正常にコピーされる

実際の結果:
    ヒストリーパネル上で「取り消し」と表示

期待された結果:
    「コピー」と表示される

回避方法:
    ありません。

その他…
    ・編集→カラーを編集
    ・リピートオブジェクトの編集処理
    ・グラデーションツールによる処理
    ・ブレンドツールをダブルクリックしてブレンドオプションダイアログを開き変更を適用する

これらも「取り消し」と表示されます。

ツールバー下部、塗と線に下にある塗り、グラーデーション、塗りなしのパッチをドロップして「塗」「線」を設定しようとするとヒストリーパネルでは「取り消し」になります。

段落パネルの多くの機能(インデント・段落前後あき以外)とOpenTypeパネルは項目が二重に追加されたりします。
    全般的にヒストリーパネルの表示はおかしいです。

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

9. キーボードショートカットの設定が機能しない

キーボードショートカットの内、変形ー移動コマンドのショートカット Shift+Ctrl+Mキーが機能しない。ショートカットの設定ではこのように設定されている。他のショートカットは正しく機能しているようだ。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

追加情報がありませんので、こちらは仕様ということで対応完了とさせていただきます。
    コメントはオープンとしておきますので、何かありましたらコメントをご記入ください。

今後ともよろしくお願いします。

Illustrator チーム

10. Pressure option not showing / grayed out with Wacom tablets/pens

Wacom pressure not showing on menus illustrator 25.4.1.
    But if I use the Wacom 6d brushes, it have the pressure. But again, if I turn of pressure on Wacom brushes, it goes grey again and I can't turn on again.
    And if I create a brushes from scractch, pressure is greyed out, and I'm using Bir Sur, and can't go back the drivers, like I did on the old machine (Wacom drivers, but there is high Sierra, that support an old drivers) it worked on old driver. But on Big Sur I have not this option. and I already tried…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.2.1 which is available worldwide now.

11. Blue learn box won't go away

I cannot see part of my workspace because the blue learn box covers up the panels and I cannot get it to go away. How am I supposed to use your program when your supposedly helpful box covers up what I need to see in order to create projects? This is unbelievably frustrating, and I am probably going to have to use some other program to create my logo since I cannot use the work space because of this idiotic blue learn bubble that won't go away and can't be moved, apparently.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

12. 投げ縄ツール

投げ縄選択ツールが機能しない。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ご報告いただいた現象は再現できず、追加情報もございませんので、こちらは一旦、対応終了とさせていただきます。
    今後、同様の現象が発生した場合には、こちらにコメントをお寄せください。

よろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

13. Mac OS Save As file name highlight bug

Productivity killing bug in Illustrator 25.2.3, but not Photoshop 22.3.1!:

Mac OS (Catalina, currently) Save As dialog box highlights the entire file name, including the extension, which has been a bug the past several versions. For over a decade, Save As would not include the extension in the highlight, so one could tap the arrow key once to the end of the file name to change it, to increment a version number for example. This bug has been a huge stumbling block in my productivity.

Also, in Illustrator, the sometimes Save As does not highlight the file name at all…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tooltips in Recolor Artwork Panel are Backwards

It seems to me that the tooltips in the Recolor Artwork panel are backwards.

The left button's tooltip tells me that that button controls Saturation and Hue, but once selected, the slider's tooltip tells me that it adjusts Brightness, which it actually does.

The right button's tooltip tells me that that button controls Brightness and Hue, but once selected, the slider's tooltip tells me that it adjusts Saturation, which it actually does.

If I am misunderstanding something, then the tooltips are at the very least extremely confusing.

I'm using Illustrator 25.2.1 on macOS 10.14.6.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

15. MacOS Big Sur rendering bug.

Hi!
    I am an apple developer and I installed Big Sur beta (now on version 3) for work. I run into a problem with Illustrator that other people are not seeing. If I open one file everything is OK. When opening two or more files, I get a really nasty visual problem, with Illustror only. See file attached. Is anybody else having this problem, is there a way to fix it? I reinstalled Illustrator and it keeps happening.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Illustrator crashes when switching views in the Asset Export panel

Has this been reported yet? There's a really easy-to-reproduce crash bug in Adobe Illustrator involving the Asset Export panel that affects even the latest version (24.2) .
    If the Asset Export panel contains more than two items and an item other than the first is currently being renamed and the view is attempted to be switched from Grid View to List View, the mouse cursor will begin to move really slowly for a few seconds and after that, Illustrator will crash. See the video attached for a demonstration.

Some system info:
    Adobe Illustrator 24.2
    Version: 10.0
    System Architecture:…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

17. Dialog box text selection missing blinking cursor

When placing a cursor in a dialog box (ie font size, object transform) the blinking cursor disappears.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

18. Align to key object automatic selection in align Panel

In the new update (24.2) I have "align to artboard" as a default but when I select multiple objects it automatically selects "align to key object" even after choosing the other multiple times. This is a new issue.

Windows 10
    Ryzen 2700x
    nVidia gtx 1660
    16gb RAM

279 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

We have fixed this bug in our latest release – v 24.2.1 which is available worldwide now. Thanks for your patience on this.

Please note that after upgrading you might still see that Align To sets itself to Align to Key Object. If you see this, please manually set the Align To to the required setting, and this reported bug will not happen again. You’ll need to this one time only.

The reason Align To might get set to Key Object after update is because Ai remembers your last Align To on subsequent launches as well. So, if your last Align To was Key Object before quitting/upgrading, after first multi-selection, it will set itself to Key Object. After you manually change it one-time, it will work fine.

19. When changing UI scale, dropdownlist is shown inverted and the bottom item is not shown.

macOS 10.14.6
    Illustrator 2019, 2020

Dropdown list is shown inverted when changing UI scale.
    It seems to display correctly when I mouse over it, but the bottom item is not actually displayed.

These defects can be resolved by making the UI scale the smallest.
    This is a very troublesome problem as a script developer.
    I expect an immediate fix.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.0 which is available worldwide now.

20. Scale Tool windows defaults to random percents when real-time drawings is enabled.

To recreate is problem: First enable Real-time drawing. Then draw a box. With the Scale Tool window open, uniform scale the box 400%. Duplicate that box by holding down OPTION key while click and dragging the box. Click on the second box and open the Scale Tool window: when I do this I no longer see 400% in the scale percentage, instead I find completely random numbers and sometimes it selects non-uniform. This gets annoying after a while.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base