Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Macbook Pro 2020 M1 Chip

Please please fix Adobe systems with the new M1 chip. Adobe programs are causing the new macbook to crash frequently and is affecting programs outside of Adobe as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Graphics Errors in Big Sur

I have a brand new Mac Mini 2020, just released. I have been having weird glitches with graphics rendering, and I found this post
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/40978006-macos-big-sur-rendering-bug

Looks like it has been closed for commenting, and blame on Beta. However, I still have the issue. I am on Big Sur 11.0.1 on a brand new machine running AI 2021

I took advice and disable GPU Performance, and it seems to be working now.

Just a heads up

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Library window gets corrupted

Without any apparent reason, the Library window gets corrupted i.e. doesn't scale correctly and thus is rendered completely useless as I'm unable to scroll or select any assets. Need to restart the whole app to fix it. Latest CS21 with MBP16.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ghost shadows/projections when isolating a group

Sometimes when isolating a group (double clicking) and zooming in, a strange ghost offset projection across all the screen appears, and it slides across the screen when dragging through the workspace.
    I remember it used to happen in Ai 2019, stopped happening in Ai 2020 and now it came back. BUT I have not had this issue occurred between the Ai 2021 release and the macOS Big Sur update so I am not sure what the cause could be, and that's what's tricky, it only happens SOMETIMES and I haven't found any pattern about it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can't Finish Previewing AI 25.0

I get the "Cannot Finish Previewing. Could Not Complete The Requested Operation" pop-up message and my view goes to Outline Mode when I use the Pencil Tool with a Gradient Fill. I need to save & close the file, reopen it in Outline Mode and then select GPU Preview to see the accurate preview again. Happens every time. I can turn fills off in the Pencil prefs, but that sort of defeats the purpose. Driving me nuts! Please advise.

On mac mini with 64GB w/ a Raedon RX 580 8GB eGPU

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Guidelines disappear while dragging them in GPU Preview

While in GPU Preview every guideline is disappearing when I grab and drag it. As soon as I let it loose it appears. It's very hard to position a guideline accurately if you can't see it.
    In CPU Preview it works, but the overall performance is worse.

Illustrator 25.0
    macOS 10.15.7
    MacBook Pro 2017 (Radeon Pro 560 4 GB, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. lagscreen trail when I move the shapes around or when I use the quick hand tool

I think my Illustrator 25.0 has an issue with GPU rendering as it randomly starts leaving that "rendering" trace when I move something or when I use the quick hand tool and it only works fine if I close and reopen the document. I am using a Lenovo Yoga and Windows 10. Attached below is a screenshot of the error.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ghosting while object move not working in GPU mode?

Since Illustrator 25 there is no ghosting effect when moving objects. What have you done again Adobe?
    CPU is not working properly with iMac PRO(!) and GPU does not show basic feature?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ghosting while object move not working in GPU mode?

Singe Illustrator 25 there is no ghosting effect when moving objects. What have you done again Adobe?
    CPU is not working properly with iMac PRO(!) and GPU does not show basic feature?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ghosting while object move not working in GPU mode?

Singe Illustrator 25 there is no ghosting effect when moving objects. What have you done again Adobe?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. guide disapear

When the option "Real-time drawing and editing" is activated, the guides disapear when we move them

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. disparition des repères lors de leurs déplacement

Apres avoir activé l'option "dessin et travail en temps réel", lorsque l'on déplace un repère celui-ci devient invisible

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Clipping mask for a layer doesn’t move when dragged in real-time render mode

Apply a clipping mask to a layer that has some art.
    Enable GPU mode and Real-Time Render option.
    Select all and move.
    Ai would render it as if it stays in place, while it actually is moving withe the clipped art. GIF attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. GPU Performance is deeply broken - UI overlay refresh issue

Within about 20-30 min of starting illustrator with GPU Performance enabled, everything goes haywire.

It seems to be an issue with UI overlays such as art board bounding boxes and shape paths/points. As you pan about or adjust a shape, it seems that old overlays are not disposed and new overlays are just drawn on top resulting in layers and layers of overlays. The overlays are cleared if you zoom but when you start to pan or manipulate shapes again, the overlays continue to populate on screen.

Images attached should illustrate the issue better then I can describe it. What…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Swatch color under the cursor of Live Paint tool is wrong on GPU

When previewed on GPU the swatch displayed under the Live Paint Bucket cursor is wrong compared to the color set and/or applied.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New Illustrator 2020 laggy and slow on the simplest of tasks

Illustrator 2020 is really laggy and slow, only when completing simple tasks like colour picking, moving art-boards, selecting different objects, or even just wanting to zoom in or out.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

General slowness on using Illustrator on Mac is one of the major issues reported in this thread. Illustrator team made significant progress in replacing Illustrator’s GPU rendering engine from OpenGL to macOS Native Metal Rendering Engine – https://developer.apple.com/metal/.
    We have observed common operations like Zoom, Pan, and rendering operations are now smoother in cases where it was sluggish as reported in this thread. We urge Mac users to try the Illustrator Beta build with Metal support and share your feedback.
    Please note, this may not address other performance issues reported in this thread not related to rendering like File Save, Export, or slowness in any particular feature.

This build is available in Illustrator Prerelease Download Section – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base