Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16 results found

1. Illustrator suddenly switching to CPU preview, GPU preview greyed out

My little research has shown that the preview mode changes when zooming if the cmyk document contains cmyk images. In a cmyk document with rgb images or an rgb document with rgb/cmyk images, there is no gpu to cpu preview switching when zooming. To reproduce the bug, the document must include multiple images in order to impact performance during scaling. My system: i5 8400, 32 Gb, GTX1650 with latest Studio Driver installed, Asus PA329C, windows 11 Build 22621.1265, Illustrator 27.3.1 Here's what it looks like on my system.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Animated zoom stops working after using Outline preview

The animated zoom stops working after I use preview. I've checked in the preferences, and it's still enabled. The only way to fix this that I have found is to restart the program.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Black Boxes appear and Unable to zoom past 1600% when GPU performance is turned off in Illustrator 25.3.1

Well, I updated illustrator today and have major viewing issues.

Black Boxes appear when selecting outlined text with the direct selection tool, when moving a shape, and in the upper left corner when viewing artboard. Everything disappears when zooming in more than 2400% in Preview mode and has a pixelated outline.

MacOS Catalina version 10.15.6

Adobe Illustrator v25.3.1

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.2.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

4. Jagged artefacts on edges of objects with gradient fills or transparency

Revisiting a Logo Artwork that I did last year (created using V.24x), the artwork has now changed ... there are jagged lines around the edges of shapes that were filled with transparency gradients. (see pic 1) This is not due to any extra nodes; the underlying geometry is the same (see pic 2).
    If I use 'Flatten Transparency' it solves the jagged lines, but adds extra 'blocks' in the corners (see pic 3). This is not something that used to happen.
    This is not multiple objects stacked, so can't Ungroup and it isn't a compound path so I can't Release.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

5. 透明部分を含むグレースケールモードのPSDファイルを配置するとGPUプレビューできない。

オペレーティングシステム macOS 10.15.6(imac20,1 32GBmem/1TBSSD/AMD Radeon Pro 5300_4GB)
    Illustrator CC ver.25.2.3

問題が発生したときに実行していた手順
    1. CMYKドキュメントをGPU表示で編集中に透明部分を含むグレースケールモードのPSDファイルを配置する。
    2. GPUプレビューからCPUプレビューに切り替わり、以降、Illustratorを再起動するまでそのドキュメントでは先程の配置画像を除去してもGPUプレビュー表示に戻せない。

想定していた結果
    GPU表示が正しく機能する。

実際の結果
    CPU表示に強制的に切り替わってしまい、GPUプレビュー表示に出来ない。

RGBモードのドキュメントではこの症状は発生しません。透明部分を含む画像形式であっても他の形式ではこの問題は発生しません。また、Windowsでは起きないとの報告を受けています。
    以下のコミュニティスレッドをご参照下さい。
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustratorフォーラム/gpuで表示-が使えなくなる/m-p/12040056#M25098

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

6. Canvas goes white and blue when selecting object.

Whenever I select anything on the canvas, the entire canvas goes full white, and alternates between blue and white. Clicking anywhere on the canvas returns to the previous view, but it makes it impossible to make adjustments. I'm using Illustrator 25.0.1, on a 2019 16" MacBook Pro running macOS Big Sur. I tied reverting to 25.0.0 but the same problem occurred.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.2.1 which is available worldwide now.

7. Refresh problems in Trim View - Illustrator 24.0

I'm not sure this is exclusive to GPU, but in Trim View sometimes when working with content, it stops refreshing properly and causing anomalies on screen

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

8. 100% view is not 100% for pixels in cc2019

OMG, yesterday I've updated illustrator cc2018 to cc2019. Objects now in 100% view are diplayed as ~151% - see attached file - in left side - illustrator cc2018 window and 400x400 px square in 100% view. In the right side - the same square in 100% view.

Please fix this annoing bug.
    This is on Mac pro late 2013, High Sierra, 27' Eizo monitor 1400x2560

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. AIGPU sniffer

AIGPU sniffer triggers when launching indesign or illustrator after installing mojave -- dual screen issues also with ima pro og 27" apple screen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Illustrator Crashes when Opening File on Second Monitor

Illustrator is crashing when I open up the application on my second Monitor. But when I open it on my laptop it works. It will only work on my second monitor if I open it up on my laptop then drag to the second monitor. But if I want to open up another illustrator file it will crash again if I'm using the second monitor.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

13. Transparency Abnormal with GPU

This is mine, latest version 22.0.0 after clean install Windows 10 Pro. Everything seem fine... but After I change transparency normal to other blending mode it's Black

AMD RX7 - 370 / 2GB
    and other in Capture VDO

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Outline preview bug

After updating to the two latest versions of Nvidias Drivers on my laptop Outline Preview does not work at all in Illustrator.
    I tried to reinstall Illustrator, reinstall Nvidia drivers but nothing works.

The only solution right now is to switch to the integrated graphics Intek HD Graphics 530. But the performance is so much slower with this card :(

Illustrator version:
    2017.1.0 Release (21.1.0 Release (64-bit)

Graphics card:
    Nvidia Quadro M1000M

Nvidia driver version:
    Quadro Desktop / Quadro Notebook Driver Release 384.
    Version: 385.69

Hardware:
    Dell Precision 5510 laptop

Platform:
    Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Disappearing Content

After zooming in or isolating objects, other objects disappear upon zooming out. I have to select and isolate invisible objects in order for them to reappear.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Surface Pro GPU Issues

Hello. Been having problems with fonts showing up with 'scratched' edges on Illustrator CC. I've cleaned up caches including font cache and have installed previous Illustrator version 15.3 and still the same issue. Please see attachment to view problem.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This issue is fixed by Intel in their latest driver update (15.46.02.4729 – released on 11 JUL 2017 ) available at – https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?product=88358

This update cannot show up driver search, as it might take some time for Microsoft to get it integrated in their Surface Pro driver updates. Microsoft prevents installing driver directly from Intel if you try the installer directly, however latest driver from Intel can be installed with steps listed in section “Update video adapter device drivers” > “Intel (Surface Pro devices)” in below link

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-gpu-performance-driver-update.html

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base