3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stroke weight defaults to 10pts on oversized custom Artboard

If I create a new document one of the standard sizes, say Letter...then draw and object and apply a stroke...the stroke size defaults to 1pt as it should. However, if I define a new custom oversized artboard, say 500 inches square, then draw and object...when I apply the stroke, the size defaults to 10pts.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Blank pop-up window appears after opening an .ai file

Currently running:
    macOS Catalina v. 10.15.6
    iMac 27"
    3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
    32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Memory
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1GB Graphics card

Everytime I open an .ai file a blank dialog box appears with nothing on it except for the close/minimize buttons on the top left. I'm able to close the box out and view my work but this happens every time I open a file. Also attached a screen shot as well as spindump of Adobe Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Freezing when selecting multiple artboards

Windows 10 Ver.2004 (build 19041.421)
    Illustrator Ver 24.2.1

1. Make multiple artboards

2. Select two artboards

This operation freezes the operation of Illustrator.

This problem does not occur in Ver.23.1 and 22.1.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Smart Guides buggy at artboard corners

When resizing snapping shapes or objects, Illustrator smart guides alert user that object is being snapped to corner or intersect, however it isn't actually, and it's not until you zoom right in that you realise it hasn't.

Snap to Pixel is turned off. Smart Guides are turned on.
    There is no 'anchor' at that location other than the Artboard Edge.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Guides and Alignment

While guides have been placed in artboard objects will no longer align to artboard rather they extend far beyond the current artboard.

At the moment the only solution I've found to work is clearing the guides.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Snap To Grid not aligns with grid

AI version 24.2.1

OS Catalina 10.15.5

When Snap to Grid is selected, the points that the pen and shape tools snap to are not on the grid. They are slightly off. It is impossible to get points exactly on the grid. I've attached a file that shows where points snap to. These shapes were drawn with Snap to Grid on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Trim marks do not scale

In latest versin of illustrator canvas is increased, but trim marks got issues when making sizes over 5x5m. when making file with multiple atrboards that exceeds 5x5m trim marks scale to 10x size, just like they would if you made the file 1:10

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Workspaces not working

So, when i downloaded AI for the first time with under v24.2.1, i opened AI and then when i want to opened file or made a new project ... the landing page is still there while the file opened, how to fix this problem?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. during creation of new document is lacking with centimeters or millimeters in the drop down menu

during creation of new document is lacking with centimeters or millimeters in the drop down menu, please add or fix the bug, thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can't create artboard from rectangle - Illustrator 24.2

That's all. It says that it can't create artoboards from rotated rectangles or masks. It's a freshly created rectangle.

This version of AI seems to be very buggy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

1) Follow this to collect logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
    2) Kindly share the above with us in a Zxp file which is collected at desktop at ShareWithAI@adobe.com
    3) Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail with tag [UserVoice] and Uservoice link in message of Email.

Thanks,
    Ankit Goyal

13. black screen bug

When creating a new document or opening an existing document in Illustrator, I get a black screen (see attached). I have to resize the window to be able to work. This is not ok.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please Select a Key in Current Document

When I attempt to align an object to a key object, I get an error stating Please select a Key in Current Document.

I only have one file open containing one artboard.

I've attempted to move the object I want aligned inside the artboard area as well and still get the same error.

I've attached a screenshot for reference.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. New display issue with v 24.2

Illustrator doesn't display the proper/selected file. For example, if I have file A open, and I open file B, it will either show as blank or will display file A. When I detach file B from the tab bar, file B displays correctly. When I reattach file B to the tab bar it is either blank or displays file A again, even though file B (0r C or D, etc.) is selected.

These files all displayed and functioned properly before upgrading.

Attached are my basic computer specs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Artboard Missing

When I open the saved file, I find my artboards missing. The weird part is it saves my work. So every time I open the file I have to create new artboards for the layout I had done.
    Attached Adobe Files consists of 2 layouts:
    Page 1: Original Layout
    Page 2: When I re-open the file. I find all the artboards missing except for a default artboard.

Very frustrating to recreate the artboards every time.

Thanks
    Regards

Mahesh Sutar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. no dialog for creating new document

This issue started as soon as Illustrator was updated to version 24.2, basically when working o a document, and you save it and close it, you try to create a new document, but there is no dialog for the new document.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Cmd+drag does not copy artboard

Cmd+drag only moves selected artboard. No copy possible. No layers or content are protected. Option to copy artwork with dartboard is selected.

Mac OS Catalina and latest version of Adobe

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Values of artboard differes from the values on control panel in artboard mode

1. Create big artboard 5 meter in Normal Mode

2. Activate Increase Cavas Mode

3. Activate artboard mode

4. Enlarge artboard up to maximal size 57 meter with dragging handels

5. The values in control panel are in METERS while in properties panel they are in INCH

Expected result: The must be in the same measuraments value. In METRS as I have choose METERS

It happens when I create artbord after first run.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. OS10.13.6 — Illustrator 24.1.2: Paste does NOT remember layers. Oddly, the same thing happened with another upgrade about 1-2 years ago.

OS10.13.6 — Illustrator 24.1.2: Paste does NOT remember layers. Oddly, the same thing happened with another upgrade about 1-2 years ago.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base