2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Values of artboard differes from the values on control panel in artboard mode

1. Create big artboard 5 meter in Normal Mode

2. Activate Increase Cavas Mode

3. Activate artboard mode

4. Enlarge artboard up to maximal size 57 meter with dragging handels

5. The values in control panel are in METERS while in properties panel they are in INCH

Expected result: The must be in the same measuraments value. In METRS as I have choose METERS

It happens when I create artbord after first run.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OS10.13.6 — Illustrator 24.1.2: Paste does NOT remember layers. Oddly, the same thing happened with another upgrade about 1-2 years ago.

OS10.13.6 — Illustrator 24.1.2: Paste does NOT remember layers. Oddly, the same thing happened with another upgrade about 1-2 years ago.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Snap to grid doesn't work in new documents

Snap to grid doesn't work at all in new documents. It works with no issues whatsoever in old files, but whenever I create a new one, nothing snaps to grid. I tried restarting, didn't work, and the software is up to date. Any help would be appreciated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. cannot duplicate or move artboards

Cannot duplicate or move artboards with artwork in Illustrator 2020. Artboard will merely move with the artwork contained when hitting opt+click. Can only duplicate artboards without artwork.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Artboard number 53 mentioned on 52

Just noticed that Illustrator CC artboard serial number 52 is replaced with 53. It's confused me to do some amendments on 53, instead I did on 52. Adobe, please correct it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Artboard name not visible on artboard in Artboard mode

Artboard name not visible to me randomly. It was working just fine earlier today Tried reinstalling, installing a previous version, reupdating to the latest version, everything. Nothing seems to be working. I just can't view the artboard on the corresponding artboards! Extremely frustrating

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Window not showing

From the Finder (MacOS X 10.15.4), I open a n illustrator Document. The app comes forward and I see a black screen. The "Window" menu tells me that the document is open BUT where? I don't see it (nope, I don't have a second monitor). Clowe the invisible window and the Window menu shows nothing open. Try again, from the finder and again, no windows look opened. Try from Illustrator, File/Open: same thing, another fail. Quit app, relaunch app by launching doc from the Finder. now the file opens as it should. Close file, try again. Back to the black…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. artboard/canvas will not center; confined to top left corner

Artboard snapping to top left corner of window- zoomed at 67%;
    snapped to right of window at 100%

Following your post instructions ....

1. On Windows 10 latest; Adobe Illustrator latest (on cloud) -

2. Believe I was scrolling the canvas - may have zoomed out

3. Expect canvas to reduce and stay centered

4. Canvas snapped to top left and when I zoomed back to 100 % it snapped initially to top right

Please fix (it has happened a few times) - thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Guides are barely visible bug

After the latest Illustrator 24.1.2 update, guides, when they are not selected are barely visible. As seen in the attached file.

Can we fix this bug please? Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Rulers disappear at restart.

Even If I have checked "Show/Hide Rulers Across All Documents" every time I restart Illustrator, I have to activate rulers AGAIN. Come on guys, you always need a wheel to drive a car, we always need rulers ON. Help us with this bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Artboards Numbering Incorrectly

When creating artboards, doesn't matter if they are within a new file or existing, Illustrator skips 3, has two 5s, skips 7, has two 8s. Still happens when deleting/adding in the same file, or creating a new file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. OPENING DOCUMENT - additional window opens

An extra blank window opens when opening a document (screenshot added)
    Is this a known issue? is there a solution?

Adobe CC Desktop AI version 24.1

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. bug: Artboard name doesn't stick when pasted in directly in the artboard list

The artboard name does not always stick when entering it in the following manner:
    - in the artboards panel create a new artboard via the [+] icon
    - double-click the title to be able to edit the name
    - paste in the name
    - hit enter

The name shows in the panel, but when clicking the artboard icon at the right of the name the artboard settings panel opens with the old name still showing. If not editing the name here also the name will revert back to the old name after opening and closing another file.

The video shows…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. smart align

Stacked objects throw off smart align! so frustrating! Won't even align to the document bounds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Artboards renamed when saving to CS4 or below

When saving an Illustrator CC2020 file down to version CS4 (which we have to do for client reasons), when it's reopened it has renamed the Artboards. So, in my example, the file has two artboards called "Artboard 1" and "Artboard 2" (we need to keep them named that way too for html coding reasons). If the document is saved as CC2020 or down to CS5, the artboards retain those names and all is well. If, however, we save down to CS4 or lower, when the file is reopened (I'm using CC2020) the Artboards are called "Artboard 43" and "Artboard 44".…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Moving artboard with locked layers prompt warning

In 24.1, every time I move the artboard with my layers locked, I get the warning: "Any hidden or locked objects in the artboard will not be moved." EVERY TIME!
    There is no "Don't show me this again" option and I am constantly adjusting artboards to fit customer's artwork.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. SVG arc path without whitespace standard syntax broken

When an arc is described using a missing whitespace, which is perfectly valid SVG syntax, it will not be rendered correctly in Illustrator. This was discovered with SVG files compressed by SVGO 1.3+ and later which has the arc path optimisation by default.

This syntax should work as it is a standard part of the SVG specification and is rendered correctly by all major web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari.

In the attached example an arc is written as:

a.65.65 0 011.109-.459

The string 011.109 contains 3 values:

1 (a boolean is required here, it cannot be 11.109) …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Their is a bug in justification for paragraph

paragraph doesn't get justified... I am making brochure and justification is must but its not working even after re installing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Artboard renaming reset

When renaming an artboard that was just created, whether from scratch or as a copy of an existing one, it appears renamed in the "Artboards" panel but not on the actual artboard's label on the workplace (visible when the Artboard tool is selected).

When switching the "Artboards" panel off (for example by switching it to the "Layers" panel), and then opening it back, we can then see the old artboard's name and rename it again. Then only it will work.

This issue happens randomly and not necessarily on every artboard created.

I noticed a similar issue was reported and closed,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fit to artboard

Fit to artboard does not fit lines to the artboard that are on the edges. So when you export to indesign the lines are missing of halved

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base