3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Zoom options in View menu items have completely wrong labels

There's an absolutely bizarre off-by-two error in the View menu in Illustrator CC 22.0 that I just noticed while working on something today.

When initially starting Illustrator CC 22.0, the "Fit All in Window" and "Actual Size" items in the View menu have the correct labels (see attachment zoomoptscorrect.png). However, once a file has been opened, these menu items are assigned completely wrong labels, which should belong to the items two spaces lower in the menu — "Hide Edges" and "Hide Artboards", respectively (see zoomoptswrong.png).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug when Setting Artboard Ruler Origins

Ai v 22.0.0
    macOS 10.12.6

After updating from CC 2017 to CC 2018, I can now no longer assign individual Artboard Ruler Origins to each Artboard in a document

I use several nested Artboards to control different areas of the same artwork and assign the Ruler Origin of each to the same object. After the update, I can now only assign the ruler origin of one of the nested Artboards to the selected object; the Origin does not change on the others.

I have tried deleting all existing Artboards and then creating them and setting the Ruler Origin one at…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New swatch is NOT global by default

1. Use the color panel to customize a fill or stroke color.

2. Drag the fill or stroke box into the body of the Swatches panel to create a swatch for the color.

3. Swatch is not global as stated in https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hide text highlighting on "Hide Edges" (CMD+H)

This was never fixed in CC 2015 - 2017 and the same **** bug is in CC2018.

In ALL previous versions of AI prior to CC2015 (or at least as far back as CS5 when I got Illy), if you selected text with the Text Tool which made the text highlighted, if you then performed the Hide Edges command, the highlight would NOT show... that way you could change the color, Tracking, font size etc of ONLY the SELECTED characters without affecting the others.

The "big deal" here is when you are trying to see the color change take effect…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Touch Bar Color Controls are Broken

Touch bar controls do not change the color of objects when using sliders, and swatches save to touch bar but not to actual swatches panel. Cannot delete swatches from Touch Bar.

MacBook Pro Late 2016 + Latest MacOS

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Spacebar not working as quick hand tool

Spacebar has stopped working as hand tool as of 2018 update.

296 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

416 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Meta data in SVG file ignored

Meta data defined in a svg file are ignored by AI when opening file so no more available once the file is saved. Option shall allow keep or ignore meta data in an svg file to avoid broking the file.
    See attached file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ブラックの色をドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100の色がリッチブラックになる

塗り(または線)を画像のように下のブラックを選択するところからドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100がリッチブラックになってしまった。 
ドラッグ&ドロップではなく、クリックで色を選ぶとBK100になる。スウォッチの中に入っているブラックからドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100になる。これはCS6の時からある
バグです。 

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Alt-Drag to Duplicate (and Shift to align) Only Works Intermittently

Duplicating objects in Illustrator CC 2017 only works on occasion, it is not consistent as it was in previous versions. Holding Shift to align while dragging and duplicating also doesn't work. These were both key features of Illustrator and if there is a way to fix this problem I would be very interested to know how!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cannot undo paragraph or character style changes or deletions

If I make any changes to paragraph of character styles, I cannot undo them, even if I delete a style. Changes are not registered at all as undo states. The only way to undo is to revert to a previous save.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Large Amounts of Text overrun text area, disregard justification

I'm using Illustrator CC (2017).
    I am creating a 6'x4' poster, where a single text box holds the entire text of the Bible (~730,000 words) as a single string of text (regular spaces between words, but no paragraph returns) in Helvetica Neue Lt Std, 107 Extra Bold Condensed, 3 pt size with 2.7 pt leading, all caps, full justification, default hyphenation. I am using a text wrap around a compound object with a transparent fill to create a negative space in the midst of this text block (in my case, that compound object is text converted to a shape, so…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base