Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. hand tool shortcut

Hi there.

Operating System - Windows 10 Enterprise
    Illustrator version - CC
    Expected Result - Hand tool function to work using the shortcut
    Actual Result - Hand tool function does not work using the shortcut

The shortcut for the hand tool is causing me problems. holding the space bar is displaying the hand icon, but clicking the mouse as normal wont activate the 'grab' ie the tool doesnt work. Its as if the function isnt there even though the hand icon appears.

normal hand tool function works fine by the way.

thanks, Ross Hume

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

2. Smart Guides - Center point not usable

When Smart Guides are enabled, the Center point of an object is shown, when hovered over the edges of the object, but it dissappears (and doesn't snap) when trying to hover over the Center point itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Too many bugs. Laggy!

Too much bugs.. Can't open two files at the same time. Stuck at the Recent files screen. Regret getting this version installed.. Nobody check this in adobe before it goes live for download? We are not testers, we pay to use it in our companies for our clients. Do not release new versions full of bugs pls! I beg you ADOBE!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,

4. "open recent file" is stuck on old files.

recent files reverts back to the same old files every time I open illustrator.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. start up screen flashing black and white

when i open adobe illustrator the screen flashes black and white continuously and the menus close instantly when i click on them. i can open a new document by pressing ctrl n but cannot click on any of the menus.
    this only happens when i am signed in, which i need. i can sign out by quickly clicking the sign out button in the help menu before it closes again, but this is not ideal.
    this only happens in illustrator CC 2015, not photoshop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Illustrator CC 2019 spots not changing to CMYK

Mojave 10.14 I just updated to Illustrator CC 2019 and when I try and convert a spot colour to process it wouldn't enable when I click OK -

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PNG export broken

I receive an error every time I try to export a PNG from any file. Other export formats work without a problem.

Working on a Macbook Pro with MacOS Mojave running the latest version of Illustrator (updated this morning).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. paste in place

So I'm having problems with the Paste in Place command, sometimes it works great when I Copy or Cut something and paste it on other artboards but most of the times it is not working properly, either what I copied o cut get outside the drawing area or it goes to a random place, and at first I thought I wasn't selecting the artboard but even with the artboard selected it falls anywhere. I'm running Illustrator CC 2019, on windows 10.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Lock/unlock width and height while scaling

If I have a rectangle for example and I unlock the width and height so that I can change the values separately, If I change the width or height (size) the object transforms proportionally.

Example:

Object 500 H x 500 W px (locked):
    If I change H -50px I get 450 H x 450 W px.

Problem

Object 500 H x 500 W px (Unlocked):
    If I change H -50px I expected to get 450 H x 500 W px.
    But what I get is 450 H x 450 W px.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adobe Illustrator CC 23.0.1 2019 Not Responding when opening file & Slow on Start MACOS Mohave 10.14.1

1. Adobe Illustrator CC 23.0.1 2019 / MACOS Mohave 10.14.1
      2.1 Slow or Not Responding - Launch Adobe Illustrator - by clicking on icon in dock or in applications folder
      2.2 If it launches - Click on Open from Dashboard and try to open a file - it becomes non-responsive or takes forever.
      2.2.1 Tried opening ai files (any of them I have) directly- same issue
      2.2.1 Tried to command copy and save to change location I have filed stored - it copies to new location, including adobe cloud, same issue
      2.2.3 New files never show up in recent files on…
    25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you by this issue.

Since there are lot of issues mentioned in this single thread & we need to escalates them one by one, we are closing this thread as we are not able to repro these at our side.

Please create individual threads for each of the issues.

You can also email to rbhunwalATTHERATEadobeDOTcom so that we can have an online session to see what is happening on your system & then isolate these issue further.

With Best Regards,
    Illustrator Team

11. ILLUSTRATOR CRUSHES WHEN I CLICK ON THE BRUSH TOOL.

Illustrator crushes everytime I click on the brush tool. I have reinstalled the Illustrator and its not working. I am using a hp z800 running windows 10 with Nvidia Quadro K2000 as my gpu. Please Please Help

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Paragraph window missing text direction icons

paragraph direction is missing even adjusting language at preferences

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Warm Regards,

13. Artboard Export

I am exporting total 55 artboards but software is saving only 53. 02 are missing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Warm Regards,

14. Illustrator won't open any files

Since the new update I am completely unable to open any AI or PDF file in Illustrator. Nothing will open, just the rainbow ball of death forever until I have to Force Quit. I've uninstalled Illustrator and even installed earlier versions with no luck. I've 'repaired' Creative Cloud with also no luck.

I'm working on MacOS High Sierra (10.13.6), Illustrator v23

A couple times I've gotten an error message that says: "cannot open ___ file because this file does not exist."

Please help!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Warm Regards,

15. Command-s save reverts back a few steps

Sometimes saving the document (command-s) causes it to revert a few steps back. WHAT? What is going on with all this weirdness!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Warm Regards,

16. Selection tool acting like Direct selection tool and vice versa

Selection tool does not select all points and will not move a group of objects correctly, (it acts like the Direct Selection tool, not selecting all points). And the Direct Selection tool selects ALL points of a group and moves them, which is what the Selection tool is supposed to do. They are working exactly opposite as they should. "Show Bounding box" does not resolve this issue. The Selection tool has also instantly changed format of text simply upon selection (indent & tracking). Using MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, Illustrator CC 2019. This is a bad bug, please help.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Warm Regards,

17. Creating new document blocked / or the whole illustartor blocked

1. User is having some item selected on currently opened document,

2. Press on create a new document (shortcut on from the menu),

3. Window with new document properties pops up,

4. When user clicks - return key too fast, creating new document gets blocked

5. Reason for that is that under create new document window illustrator show "move window" (see srceen).

6. To proceed with creating new document you have to close the create new document window and move window and again go back to create new...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Warm Regards,

18. Direct Selection Tool not showing bounding box

Hi,
    When I'm selecting an object using the Direct Selection Tool there is no bounding box to it or any other indication that the object is selected.
    I checked the View menu, and it is set on to show the bounding box, so I assume there is a bug causing this.
    It doesn't matter what kind of object I select, or whether it's in a group or not - the result is the same: no bounding box or even anchors are shown.

I'm using the latest release - 23.0.1 on windows 10 (updated).

Thanks
    Ori Manor

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Request to Contact Support  ·  2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. windows maximize only takes a 1/4th of the screen

whenever I full-screen illustrator flashes to fill the entire window then only fills the top left 1/4th of the window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Warm Regards,

20. Workspaces not working, all panels hidden on start up.

Just update to CC23.0.1 and when I start up Illustrator all the panels are turned off and my workspace won't change or reset.

I can turn on the panels manually, but it resets when I close Illustrator. The reset, new workspace and manage workspaces options are greyed out. If I try to change the workspace nothing happens.

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Intel i7-7700
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 750 Ti

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Warm Regards,

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base