Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

366 results found

1. Align Text box with Object

Using Windows 7 or High Sierra and Illustrator 24.2

Align text with any object is not aligned properly. Presently it takes text box and actual height/width of text and aligns object width/height.

I understand this is way Illustrator text work, but can changed/update so can properly aligns. Hoping to get it resolved in near coming versions.

The alignment should work like Indesign or any vector program. Check attachment.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Custom Colors convert to CMYK automatically, when we set "Effect->Blur->Gaussian Blur".

When we apply Effect->Blur->Gaussian blur an object with a custom color, it will be converted to CMYK color in overprint preview mode.
    Also, when we export PDF, it will convert to CMYK.

Illustrator ver.24.2
    OSX 10.13.6

The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
    1. To make pathItems that colored Custom color.
    2. Select it and apply Effect->Blur->Gaussian Blur.
    3. Open Separation preview panel and check Overprint preview.
    4. Custom color objects seem to convert to CMYK.
    5. To export it to PDF, the custom color will discard and convert to CMYK.

Your expected result
    We lose custom…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

3. Illustrator crashes when switching views in the Asset Export panel

Has this been reported yet? There's a really easy-to-reproduce crash bug in Adobe Illustrator involving the Asset Export panel that affects even the latest version (24.2) .
    If the Asset Export panel contains more than two items and an item other than the first is currently being renamed and the view is attempted to be switched from Grid View to List View, the mouse cursor will begin to move really slowly for a few seconds and after that, Illustrator will crash. See the video attached for a demonstration.

Some system info:
    Adobe Illustrator 24.2
    Version: 10.0
    System Architecture:…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.3.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

4. Illustrator is not exporting with the current file name

1. Create a document
    2. Draw a rectangle (just for it to have something inside)
    3. Save it anywhere as '1.ai'
    4. Export a, say, TIF, with default settings (these don't really matter) — Ai will offer '1.tif' name for the file exported
    5. Save this document as '2.ai'
    6. Export another TIF — Ail will use '1.tif' name, although the file is now '2.ai' This is wrong. Ai should adapt the name from the file actual name and not the original one.
    28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Dialog box text selection missing blinking cursor

When placing a cursor in a dialog box (ie font size, object transform) the blinking cursor disappears.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Align to key object automatic selection in align Panel

In the new update (24.2) I have "align to artboard" as a default but when I select multiple objects it automatically selects "align to key object" even after choosing the other multiple times. This is a new issue.

Windows 10
    Ryzen 2700x
    nVidia gtx 1660
    16gb RAM

279 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

We have fixed this bug in our latest release – v 24.2.1 which is available worldwide now. Thanks for your patience on this.

Please note that after upgrading you might still see that Align To sets itself to Align to Key Object. If you see this, please manually set the Align To to the required setting, and this reported bug will not happen again. You’ll need to this one time only.

The reason Align To might get set to Key Object after update is because Ai remembers your last Align To on subsequent launches as well. So, if your last Align To was Key Object before quitting/upgrading, after first multi-selection, it will set itself to Key Object. After you manually change it one-time, it will work fine.

7. When changing UI scale, dropdownlist is shown inverted and the bottom item is not shown.

macOS 10.14.6
    Illustrator 2019, 2020

Dropdown list is shown inverted when changing UI scale.
    It seems to display correctly when I mouse over it, but the bottom item is not actually displayed.

These defects can be resolved by making the UI scale the smallest.
    This is a very troublesome problem as a script developer.
    I expect an immediate fix.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.0 which is available worldwide now.

8. Scale Tool windows defaults to random percents when real-time drawings is enabled.

To recreate is problem: First enable Real-time drawing. Then draw a box. With the Scale Tool window open, uniform scale the box 400%. Duplicate that box by holding down OPTION key while click and dragging the box. Click on the second box and open the Scale Tool window: when I do this I no longer see 400% in the scale percentage, instead I find completely random numbers and sometimes it selects non-uniform. This gets annoying after a while.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

9. 27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.2.0 which is available worldwide now.

10. Bug: Shift + clicking anchor point with Delete Anchor Point tool doesn't retain curve shape

24.1.1 on Windows 10 and Mac Mojave

In CC 2020, Shift + clicking an anchor point with the Delete Anchor Point tool is supposed to work like the Simplify Path tool -- the shape of the curve shouldn't change. But even on a path with redundant anchors, this new shortcut doesn't work. The curve changes shape as in previous versions.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A bug compounded with rotated line gradients, arrows, and appearances

There are some conditions for reproduction.

・ Line with arrow
    ・ Set gradation to line color
    Two or more lines created by the appearance

It is good to change the line width or move by "deformation" to check the change of the overlapped line.

Rotate the object.
    Then click on the eye icon in the appearance panel to show or hide each line. The direction of the gradation of the line not touching should change one after another.

I have confirmed this phenomenon in all versions from CS6 to 2020.
    A similar phenomenon was obtained with the vertical axis reflect.…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

12. Illustrator 24.1 metric precision broken

So there was a new release Illustrator 24.1 the other day which I installed. Unfortunately, it looks like the engineers messed up and semi-broke the conversion routines from inches or whatever measurement is used internally to the metric units displayed to me as the user.

What used to be displayed as nice whole numbers or up to a maximum of three decimals, is now never an even number and always displayed with four decimals. Just to take an example, a dimension clearly intended to be precisely 10 mm is now displayed as say 9.9998 mm or 10.0003 mm.

This is…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.2.0 which is available worldwide now.

13. Action shortcuts are lost when rearranging action sets

If I manually rearrange the order of my Action Sets by dragging a set up or down in the list, all the shortcuts assigned to the actions in this set are lost.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Actions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

14. Corner Anchor Points become Smooth in 24.1

Draw a straight line.
    Add Anchor points twice
    Use the Delete Anchor Point Tool to removwe the middle one.
    The adjoining Anchor point become smooth instead of staying Corner (as in previous versions).
    See also: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/anchor-point-glitch-during-removing-unnecessary-anchor-points-adobe-illustrator-24-1/m-p/10936870?page=1

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

15. Artboard > Fit to Artwork Bounds with clipping mask and raster effects

Resizing an artboard with Artboard Options -> Preset -> Fit to Artwork Bounds doesn't honor clipping masks or raster effects. The new artboard size includes artwork hidden by clipping mask, and excludes raster effects such as drop shadows.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator now honors raster effects such as clipped shadows, and fits to clipping masks instead of their clipped content, when using Fit to Artwork Bounds or Fit to Selected Art commands.

However, there is no option to not do that, and to ignore Use Preview Bounds option in general — the fitting always uses strokes. If you want to change that, vote here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/46067539-an-option-to-ignore-strokes-when-using-fit-to-artw

16. PDF Export/Save .joboptions not appearing; cannot use PDF/X-4:2010 Standard joboptions

Adobe PDF Export presets (.joboptions) that work in ID, PS do not appear as options in Save As > PDF in AI.

Edit > Adobe PDF Presets... show they are installed. Attempting to Install them manually returns an error: "The preset '[XX.joboptions]' is not recognized as a valid .joboptions file." They cannot be Edited nor Exported from this dialog. (Even though they can be Edited and reimported in other apps.)

Affected presets use PDF/X-4:2010 Standard.

Illustrator requires PDF Export presets specifying Standard PDF/X-4:2007 or lower/None.

Creating new presets within Illustrator and selecting "Standard: PDF/X-4:2010" in the dialog actually creates .joboptions…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

17. After redo is different from before undo

The reproduction procedure is as follows.
    1. Create a point text containing two or more paragraphs
    2. Change the transformation reference point to a position other than the default position
    3. Transform it with the scaling tool

At this point, remember the state of the artboard.

Undo (command + Z) once.
    Then redo (command + shift + Z).
    It should be different from before undo.

I feel very threatened because I often do this by hand.

in Japanese
    再現手順は以下の通りです。
    1. 段落を2つ以上含むポイントテキストを作成
    2. 変形の基準点をデフォルトの位置以外に変更
    3. それを拡大・縮小ツールで変形

ここまで進めたら、アートボードの状態をよく覚えてください。

一回取り消し(command+Z)します。
    そしてやり直し(command+shift+Z)します。
    取り消し前と様子が違っているはずです。

私はこれを手癖でよくやるのでとてもこわいです。

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Overwriting PDF-Files does not work anymore with build 24.0.2 !

Overwriting PDF-Files does not work anymore with build 24.0.2 ! Till 24.0.1 it works. Pleas fix this. Current Update is a desaster.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We have fixed this issue in 24.0.3 version of Illustrator (MAC only issue). Please update to 24.0.3 if you are encountering this issue. For all the other issues which you are encountering regarding the update or the new document dialog or any other please create another User Voice thread for that issue so that we can track it there itself.

Thanks & Regards,
    Illustrator Team

19. Bug of saving in the background of Illustrator 2020

If you save a document that uses a 2-byte spot color name in ai format, place this file in InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
    It will be replaced by "Global color". And even if you export the PDF, it will be reflected. Turning off saving in the background can work around this, but this is an issue that should be resolved as soon as possible.

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

20. Cannot see gradient annotator when several objects are selected

Hi, in the latest version of Illustrator (2020), I can't see the gradient annotator when I select several objects at the same time. With a single object selected the annotator looks correctly, but when selecting two or more objects it is no longer displayed.
    In previous versions, the gradient annotator is shown when selecting several objects, which I find very useful for copying the properties of the gradient from one object to another.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

1 2 6 8 10 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base