• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Preset icons on Home Screen

1. MBP running Mojave 10.14.6 and Illustrator 24.1

2. Launching Illustrator – Home Screen appears as expected

3. Have my prefs set to display Home Screen when no documents open

4. Icons representing default presets [Letter, Postcard, Common, etc] are not positioned above the labels/sizes as they usually are [see attached screenshot]

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This issue is fixed in Creative Cloud CCXProcess 3.6.2 update. However, for an identified scenario the fix is not working. This issue happens with the content being not refreshed for quite some time. The team is working on a fix for clearing the cache in case they have not been refreshed.

Meanwhile, users can try the below steps to clear the cache to work around this issue.
    1. Clear HomeScreen data
         Mac: ~/Library/Caches/Adobe/CCX Welcome/
         Win: userprofile\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CCX Welcome\
    2. Restart CCXProcess
         Mac:
          In Activity Monitor, search for CCXprocess. Select and click on X button on top to kill the process
          Go to /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Creative Cloud Experience/ and double click CCXProcess app
         Win:
          In Task Manager look for CCXprocess. Right-click and click End Task
          Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud Experience and double click on CCXProcess app
    3. Wait a couple…

2. Illustrator 2020 v24.1.1 - "Real-Time Drawing and Editing" can't save new symbol

I tested the new Real-Time Drawing and Editing feature today and found that once I finished my drawing, dragging it over to the Symbols pane to create a new symbol as I normally would resulted in the attached error.

This was the first bit of work I had done since enabling this new feature so I suspected it was the cause and I moved on to two other projects to confirm. One of those worked correctly - the simpler project - and the other did not. So two out of three drawings could not be turned into symbols, and the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A bug compounded with rotated line gradients, arrows, and appearances

There are some conditions for reproduction.

・ Line with arrow
    ・ Set gradation to line color
    Two or more lines created by the appearance

It is good to change the line width or move by "deformation" to check the change of the overlapped line.

Rotate the object.
    Then click on the eye icon in the appearance panel to show or hide each line. The direction of the gradation of the line not touching should change one after another.

I have confirmed this phenomenon in all versions from CS6 to 2020.
    A similar phenomenon was obtained with the vertical axis reflect.…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Still not able to paste (CMD + V) text when creating a new folder in Save as dialog box in Ai 2020

In the latest update the copy and paste option is fixed when trying to do it in the save as dialog box. But if I try to create a new folder with the save as dialog box open I still cannot cmd+v to paste text into the field.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Temp file string prepended to filename slug

When saving a PDF copy of a file with cropmarks to a network share a temporary string such as "ai157536670945_" is prepended to the filename in the page info/slug in the cropmark area.

Ai 2020 24.01 Mac OS Catalina 10.15.1

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Eyedroppper does not sample placed bitmaps correctly

Sampling a colour in a bitmap placed in Illustrator does not sample the correct colour value if the bitmap is placed using the "Link" option.

If the bitmap is placed with the "Link" option switched off ie embedded the the colours are sampled correctly.

I have attached a reference image which shows a placed, linked file in an Illustrator document. The squares at the bottom are colours created in Photoshop with their colour values indicated. The circles at the top are vector objects in illustrator with the colour values as the eyedropper tool sampled them.

Windows 10
    Illustrator 2020

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. CC Library complains about Legacy format in AI 2020

In AI 24.0.1, drag an object to a library and this message appears:
    "Saving to a legacy format may cause some changes to your text layout and disable some editing features when the document is read back in. Do you want to continue?"
    See also:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/problem-saving-vector-graphic-to-library/m-p/10766805#M156166

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.
    We are able to reproduce this issue and investigating it further.

Kindly try out the following steps as workaround and let us know if this works for you-
    1. Close Illustrator in-case it is already open
    2. Go to the following folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\locale\x64\New Document Profiles
    3. Take backup of this somewhere
    4. Delete the original folder
    5. Re-launch Illustrator

Thanks
    Ankit Goyal

8. Illustrator Known Issue - Adobe Illustrator crash when run running around 30 minutes on multiple document.

Hello Adobe Team,
    There is known issue on Page 13 of the below link

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/illustrator/pdf/AIScriptGd2017.pdf

In our process we work around 2000 to 2500 documents in one go. Could you guys address this issue as soon as possible.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Transform Again (Crtl D)

"Transform Again" often doesn’t work on more complex objects.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Letter Spacing

Open Type Letter Spacing doesn’t work properly. If I enable "all caps" the (usually ******) spacing is not applied.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mouse right-click Select next Object Below does not work

When I right-click with the mouse on an object and try to select next object below it does not work/does nothing.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Applescript "open without dialogs" no longer works

I have an Applescript that has the statement

open (thePDFName as alias) without dialogs

In Adobe Illustrator 2019, it works. In Adobe Illustrator 2020, it gives me an "unable to open file" error. When I comment out "without dialogs", it opens the file, but then naturally pops open a dialog (not helpful when you are opening dozens of files!)

MacOS 10.13.6, not sure what other information would be needed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SDK and Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. SVG Paths with marker endings render only the markers, not the paths

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Illustrator CC 2019

1. rename the attached .txt file to .svg and import the SVG file into Illustrator.

expected result: Illustrator should display a line with an arrow at the end.
    actual result: Illustrator displays only the arrow at the end.

also attached: image of problem behavior.

removing the marker-end attribute from the path in question will display the line.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Svg export

Hi! I met with you at CreativePro conference in Seattle. I would like to see more control when exporting svg from Illustrator. More specifically, the ability to remove the title tag when exporting. If not, that's ok, the svgomg site cleans up svg code well. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Glyph rendering bug with non-empty space char on OT-SVG fonts

The space character is not rendered consistently when it includes an SVG glyph:

• The glyph is invisible by default

• But - as expected - it is visible in full color when moving the text object, and in greyscale version when switching to Outline mode

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Gradient Annotator tool bug

Gradient Annotator tool is not visible for some objects but it is for others. See screen shot: visible on the rectangle, but when I edit the gradient of the compound shape, the annotator is not visible.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Text missing in SVG files

This is the first time trying to use Illustrator since it updated to the newest version (23.0.1) and updating my Mac to High Sierra (10.14). I have previously used Illustrator to edit SVG files, specifically the text in those files. When I open similar SVG files in the new Illustrator, all of my text is missing. My computer is due for a small update which will go through later tonight but this seems like a bug within Illustrator. When I open the SVG in Photoshop 2019 and re-export it as a SVG, I am able to see the text in…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Illustrator not working after Oct 2018 update (version 23.0)

Since the Oct 2018 update, I cannot open or use the program. I see this screen (see attached). Also, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the issue, but since the update a folder has appeared on my desktop named 'GPUCache' with 5 files inside (photo attached)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  12 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Color palette overrides fill colors and color modes in Illustrator 2018

Hi, I am a design professor and most students in my class experienced a specific problem when we were doing an exercise to learn how to apply the correct color palettes to different logo files. Specifically, we created fictional identity designs as a means to learn how to create a production-ready bundle of files (a logo with versions in b&w, spot color (Pantone), 4-color process, and RGB). Almost 100% of my 18 students had their 4-color process file -- which was filled with CMYK colors upon designing, and should have stayed CMYK -- show up as being filled with RGB…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. blend line "profile" interpolation not working

I was trying out the new quick tip that was posted on youtube for "linocut" blend lines https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCyE91-D-KI

I was trying to blend between a variety of line types and follow along with the demo and noticed that my up-to-date copy of illustrator is not doing any tip interpolation.

I downloaded the demo file from the video page and the tip blending works, but in the photo I provide shows my attempt to blend on the right and the tips are square.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Following is the result of investigation:
    This issue happens with blends created when stroke with flat edge is applied to one path then later variable width profile is changed.

Workaround: Select the blend object, Release the blend, change path’s Variable width profile to Uniform, and then apply desired Variable width profile again, Now try apply Blend.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base