Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spacebar not working as quick hand tool

Spacebar has stopped working as hand tool as of 2018 update.

314 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

435 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Workspaces not working at all

Today (Mar 19th, 2018) I updated Illustrator and upon (re)launching, NONE of my pallets/Windows opened into the application. When I try to switch to built-in or custom Workspaces, nothing changes. The Workspace STAYS selected as my previously-selected Workspace and none show up. If I manually go look at the Windows in the menu, none are open and I can MANUALLY open them and move them around... "Manage Workspaces" and "New Workspace" are disabled (Gray) and no matter what I do, I cannot change or override. I have quit/relaunched numerous times - same results.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

1)Kindly try the below workaround and let us know if that helps with the issue:

Kindly rename your Preferences folder placed in below location and share this folder with us in a zip file.
    MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings//
    WIN: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at ShareWithAI@adobe.com
    Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

3. Click and touch release problems Illustrator CC 2018 Mac High Sierra - cause dictation software

Illustrator v 22.0.1, Mac OS High Sierra on Macbook Pro 2016, touch bar, 2.9GHz Intel core i7, 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3

Clicking, tapping, with trackpad or wireless mouse (Kensington wireless Turbo Mouse trackball): click/tap does not release, so the object is highlighted or selected and stuck to the cursor as you move it around.

In the layers palette, (The new Properties/Layers) clicking/tapping a layer lock to unlock it may unlock it with a delay, or lock/relock it. The same goes for view/hide visibility for layers. The response is difficult to interpret, possibly because of delays. But it not possible to use…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When changing UI scale, dropdownlist is shown inverted and the bottom item is not shown.

macOS 10.14.6
    Illustrator 2019, 2020

Dropdown list is shown inverted when changing UI scale.
    It seems to display correctly when I mouse over it, but the bottom item is not actually displayed.

These defects can be resolved by making the UI scale the smallest.
    This is a very troublesome problem as a script developer.
    I expect an immediate fix.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Realtime Preview makes rulers and objects disappear when moving

In Illustrator 24.1 the real time editing feature makes guides or other objects that have no fill or stroke or an object with a white fill and no stroke disappear when moved.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Selection tool won't grab lines

Selection tool won't grab and move lines without extreme effort. Simple click and move isn't working in solid and hollow pointers. I have to drag a selection across the line or lasso the line to highlight it but then it still won't let me do a simple click-drag. It's like the line is locked down but nothing is locked. I'm running MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and Illustrator 23.0. I've tried multiple settings of selection tolerance in preferences and it hasn't made any difference. I can move the selected line with cursor keys but can't move it with selection arrows. This didn't…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for the information provided to the Illustrator team.
    We have tried to address this issue in our beta build of 24.1.2 .
    Please visit adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 24.1.2 Build 1.
    For this issue we have also increased maximum selection tolerance value to 20 px.

Please do let us know if this issue is resolved for you or not.

With Best Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

7. Alt-Drag to Duplicate (and Shift to align) Only Works Intermittently

Duplicating objects in Illustrator CC 2017 only works on occasion, it is not consistent as it was in previous versions. Holding Shift to align while dragging and duplicating also doesn't work. These were both key features of Illustrator and if there is a way to fix this problem I would be very interested to know how!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Visual glitch prevents using Illustrator when file is opened from Finder before launching Illustrator

As the title describes, this glitch occurs consistently whenever launching a file from finder before launching Illustrator.

The file seems to open, as the layers can be seen in the layers window, but the main document editing window is occupied by the welcome menu. The welcome menu cannot be closed, and the files shown in the recent section cannot be opened. See image 1.

The only way to exit the menu without closing Illustrator is to open another Illustrator file through Finder or through File > Open. Then, another visual glitch will take place: the tabs used to select the…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can't select or hide layers, AI instantly changes it back

All was fine, until I discovered I can't change layers' visibility or lock them.
    Restart won't help. Please see animation attached and document shown.

I remember I had this bug before but it somehow went away.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Turn off the annoying Tour windows. I hate it.

TURN OFF the Tour. Stupid idea and counterproductive.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Selecting Object Accuracy

The selection accuracy of both the arrow tools and the text tools is not very accurate and hence quite annoying now. Illustrator 2017 didn't have this issue. I can clearly see that I'm clicking on the intended object, but illustrator selects the object next to it. It is as if clicking on the object with a "fat finger". The same thing happens with the text selection tool.

As a technical illustrator, I like to keep the accuracy of selection to a fine level.

To work around this issue I have to zoom in more than expected. I have adjusted the…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need your help in re-creating this issue at our end. If this issue is reproducible at will, please reach out to sharewithai@adobe.com with your convenient time for remote screen sharing. If this happens intermittently, please do screen recording and send us the same. Any other details that help in re-creating this issue will be helpful (files, workspace, plug-ins, preferences, etc.)

-Rama
    Illustrator Team

12. Center point invisible while moving object with dragging

Center point (set in Attributes palette with 'Show Center' button which is default for Live Rectangle and Ellipses) becomes invisible when you drag an object. And because I often use center to match position to certain point on a grid, I cant properly position object and get angry.
    Hulk illustrate!
    Please see animation attached for clarification.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Flickering cursor

70% of the times I used to use Illustrator CC 2017 my cursor used to flicker extremely fast switching from the tool I have selected to the default black pointer. With CC 2018 looks like it's 100% of the times.
    It's very annoying especially when I have to make accurate selections.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Zoom - Scroll Wheel

In Illustrator CC the program seems hardwired to not listen to the tablet settings about scroll wheel zoom or even touch pad zoom. There are lots of people online complaining about this and trying to find work arounds.
    I suggest just creating a hard wired button like photoshop did to fix this issue.
    This wasn't an issue with Illustrator CS4, so I'm not sure what changed.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

15. Workspaces not working, all panels hidden on start up.

Just update to CC23.0.1 and when I start up Illustrator all the panels are turned off and my workspace won't change or reset.

I can turn on the panels manually, but it resets when I close Illustrator. The reset, new workspace and manage workspaces options are greyed out. If I try to change the workspace nothing happens.

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Intel i7-7700
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 750 Ti

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

16. scale with constrain not working

Scale tool with constrain (shift key) is now very difficult to use when smart guides is turned on. In all versions prior to 22.0.1, you could easily use the shift key to contain scale when smart guides was on or off. Now, you must be so inhumanly accurate for constrain to work correctly when smart guides are on. It is just ridiculous that this bug was introduced now after so many years of Illustrator. Please fix! I should not have to turn smart guides off to use the scale with contain (shift key) effectively.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. preferences reset to default...EVERY time I open Illustrator

Every time I open Illustrator, all preferences are reset to the defaults. EVERY preference, EVERY time. I've saved custom workspaces, keyboard shortcuts, etc. and those are available to be activated, every time I open the application.
    Using AI CC 2018 (22.0.1) on Windows 7, with Cloud disabled.
    I do NOT have the option to install the latest patch; I don't even have access to menu item "Check for Updates."
    Would be EXTREMELY helpful if Adobe would make the list of fixes for each patch available. I have no way of knowing when there's been an update, or what was patched…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Toggling tabs does not refresh/display correct file.

When multiple files are open, toggling from one file to another (via tabs) does not always display the correct file.

I've only encountered this bug with CC 2019.

Each release = less usable + more bugs

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Graphic Styles Panel Crashes Illustrator (macOS Movaje)

Illustrator CC 2019 on macOS Mojave becomes unusable after loading the "Graphic Styles" panel. After the panel loads, there's a brief beach ball followed by the "Not enough memory to process the appearance" error message. The menus then become "greyed out" and the only way to proceed is to force quit illustrator and restart.

On the surface I can avoid loading the "Graphic Styles" panel, but there are other panels that I need to load that only load with the "Graphic Styles" panel attached to them.

I've deleted the AI preferences and uninstalled/reinstalled Illustrator and the result is the same.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Zoom Tool – Zoom out sometimes doesn't work

I often zoom out by selecting the Zoom Tool from the toolbar, then holding down 'Option' and clicking the mouse to zoom out. This does work most of the time, but sometimes it doesn't work and I have to click another tool option then click back to Zoom for it to work properly.

Not sure if there's something specific I'm doing before to prevent it from working, or if it's just random.

Illustrator 22.01 Mac

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base