Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

364 results found

1. Numbers disappear in text box when creating outlined text

On illustrator CC 2020 updated windows 10
    creating a text box with text and numbers.
    Aligning paragraph direction in right to left (middle eastern text alignment)
    Right click on text box
    Create outlines
    The numbers will disappear
    In the attached file there is a live text and an outlined one when the numbers disappeared

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

2. CC Library complains about Legacy format in AI 2020

In AI 24.0.1, drag an object to a library and this message appears:
    "Saving to a legacy format may cause some changes to your text layout and disable some editing features when the document is read back in. Do you want to continue?"
    See also:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/problem-saving-vector-graphic-to-library/m-p/10766805#M156166

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

Kindly try out the following steps as the resolution for this issue -
    1. Close Illustrator in-case it is already open
    2. Go to the following folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\locale\x64\New Document Profiles for mac ~User/Library/Appliction Support/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator 24/locale/New Document Profiles
    3. Take backup of this somewhere
    4. Delete the original folder
    5. Re-launch Illustrator

Thanks
    Ankit Goyal

3. On applying tracking via Properties panel, Illustrator issues like Tracking of complete paragraph changes , Bounding Box gets invisible

MacOS, multiple versions, multiple hardware configs
    Illustrator CC2018 & 2019

This has been reported on a number of other posts, but seems to keep being reposted as new entries, rather than upvoted.

Since CC2018 the ability to adjust tracking in Illustrator has been broken. This appeared to begin with the introduction of the Properties Panel in CC2018, but the issues extend to the 'normal/traditional' Character Panel as well.

When adjusting tracking on a single letter or group of letters, the program will glitch and the adjustment value shown in the panel will not reflect the value being incremented. Moreover, deselecting…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

4. Media size setting of print dialog returns to default settings on changing color via swatches (or apply arrowhead via strokes)

Any operating system (happens on both Windows and Mac)
    Illustrator Version 22.x or 21.x

Change "media size" in print setting from "Defined by Driver" to any paper.
    Finish the print dialog ("Done" click).
    Select from the color book with Swatches panel, or set the arrow with the Stroke panel.
    When returning to the print setting again, the media size returns to "Defined by Driver".

Does not occur before Version 20 (CC 2015.5).

Possibility to occur when using settings that refer to another Illustrator file.

Problems reported in the Japan Forum.
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2424994

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

5. Free transform tool is still broken.

Free transform tool is still broken in CC 2018.

Look at the comparison.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. illustrator cc 2018 wrong in export psd after rasterized

colors change in file export with pantone, my steps are as follows:
    1- I have created a file in illustrator CC 2018 with 8 spot colors or pantone.
    2- rasterize the file with the function "keep spot colors " flagged
    3- export the .psd image with the function in the connection tab
    4- the resulting file has changed colours and wrong result

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

7. Actions based on Scripts not saving after restart?

I located another thread from December where the consensus seems to be that this is a long standing and known bug with Illustrator.
    Permanently saving scripts in Action Set doesn't work / Scripts werden nicht dauerhaft in den Aktionseinstellungen gespeichert.

I have spent a good deal of time working with people here on the Adobe forums to develop a script to automate a very large function of my job, and now that it is completed it should be ready to pass on to members of my team so they can utilize it as well. The problem is that…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 異なるバージョンで、文字の間に「ー」が出現する

macOS 10.15.4 Catalina
    Illustrator 2021 v26.0.1

1 v25.2で、テキストボックス内に「株式会社○○○」と打つ
    2 v26.0.1で開くと、「株式会社ー○○○」のように、テキストに全角ハイフンが現れました。
    (書体:A-OTF 新ゴ Pro)

--添付データ-----
    「1.ai」→v25.2で保存したデータ

「2.ai」→「1.ai」をv26.0.1で開いて保存したデータ

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    こちらの問題が修正された Illustrator 2022(ver.26.0.2)が、製品リリースされました。 みなさん、ご協力ありがとうございました。 こちらのトピックは対応完了とさせていただきます。 コメントはオープンにしておきますので、何か問題がありましたらご報告ください。 よろしくお願いいたします。 Illustrator チーム
  9. Update 25.2.2 closes all the tabs instead of one tab at a time

Just after downloading the latest update, instead of closing one tab/page at a time, Illustrator started to automatically close every single opened page. It's happening with both Command + W and via the close button at the top of the page.

Please advise.

Joanna

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

10. Change in Text position for Type on Path

Illustrator 24.3 vers 25.2.2 sur Mac OS 10.14.6, le texte curviligne bouge d'une version à l'autre. Créer dans Illustrator 24.3 le résultat n'est plus le même à l'ouverture en Illustrator 25.2.2

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

11. DXF files not coming in to scale

Catalina
    New Illustrator update 25.1 — DXF scaling is off, not correct.
    Original size nor does it work using 100% scaling import.
    Previous version no problem... DXF files come in to scale "original size"

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have fixed the issue in AI version 25.2. Would request you to let us know in case you still run out into this issue.

Thanks,
    -Ravi Gupta
    Illustrator Team

12. Illustrator 24.3 Crashing When Selecting Colours with the Layers Palette Open

See video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7hete8hhhe7mzv/Screen%20Recording%202020-09-11%20at%2014.34.23.mov?dl=0

Illustrator 24.3 crashes when changing the colour of a gradient handle if the Layers palette is open and on-screen. Video above is a freshly re-installed Illustrator in a brand new user account (macOS 10.15.6).

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.0 which is available worldwide now.

13. CC 2020 gradient tool not updating result live, only when releasing the mouse button (like in CC 2018)

In CC 2019, when using the gradient tool to apply or modify a gradient, the result of using the tool was live updated as you applied/moved it. Now in CC 2020, the tool has reverted back to how it was in CC 2018, meaning you have to let go of the mouse button to see the result. Seeing the result live saves time for me and makes it easier to get a satisfying result quicker.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.0.2 which is available worldwide now.

14. SVG Stroke Widths are not scaled according to viewBox

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Illustrator CC 2019

1. rename the attached .txt file to .svg and import the SVG file into Illustrator.

expected: it should display two horizontal lines
    actual: it appears as a rectangle because the lines are touching

here are two lines, 200px apart, with 100px stroke width in a 500x500 SVG with a viewbox of 1000x1000. since the viewbox is twice the size of the SVG document, the stroke width should be scaled down to 50px and the lines should not overlap.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Neon glow

Every time I try to change the color of the Neon Glow filter, it always goes back to black. I've tried a lot of different things, but nothing works. I looked on the internet if there's a way to fix it, but seems that everyone has the same problem with Neon Glow.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Preferences NOT saving

Not an idea - It's a BUG -
    I change my Preference > Units > General to Inches.
    Once I quite and reopen they are Points again.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

17. AI displays an error dialog on opening a file having STROKE OFFSET effect applied to a STRAY object

Continue to get this error message even though I've uninstalled/reinstalled every CC product including the loader app. Then there's an additional message, "An error occurred while processing the appearance of an object." It happens when switching out from outline mode, also when copying multiple items and then trying to paste them.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Free Transform Tool hidden under Puppet Warp in toolbar

Illustrator CC 2018 22.1.0

The Free Transform Tool is no hidden under the Puppet Wrap Tool. The Free Transform Tool should be the default tool. The Puppet Transform Tool should be the one which is hidden.

In a typical day we use the Free Transform Tool quite frequently, while we almost never use the Puppet Wrap Tool. I do not speak for everyone, but only for our design studio and in my personal experience.

Before someone posts something about keeping the bounding box visible, please be aware that to remove as much useless clutter from our drawings while editing an…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Clicking on File > File Info... does nothing and sometimes locks up

When opening a file or creating a new file, nothing happens when I click on File > File Info...

The menu bar disappears and all menu options are grayed out. I can sometimes hit escape and it clears the condition, but I'm unable to open the File Info dialog. Other times, it completely locks up and I have to Force Quit.

On version Illustrator 22.0.1
    Running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D102)
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Illustrator CC 2018 - Error code 145 during updates

Simply fix this bug once and for all.
    It happens over and over and over again.

Exit Code: 145
    -------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
    - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 145) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeIllustrator22-Core', version:22.0.1.253
    FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeIllustrator22-Core Version: 22.0.1.253). Error code: '145'

WARN: Target directory already exists: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CC 2018\Support Files\Contents\Windows'

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?