Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

364 results found

1. Select artboard behind

With the latest update if I draw an artboard over an existing one I can only select the larger board. It didn't use to be like this. We used to be able to click each artboard name to select it.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

2. Off-center FIT TO SCREEN when copy/pasting object

Hello - I'm about as expert an illustrator user can get - for years I've used FIT ARTBOARD (option-0) as a way to cut/paste pixel perfectly centered artwork. The latest AI version 2017 is off - I realize align to artboard is the intended feature to attain this effect, however that way somewhat stinks because you can't make into a shortkey. Why doesn't (command-0) no longer perfectly center my artboard? (NOTE: the off-centered-ness varies from .1 to .01 inches - so very small -- but significant if you're doing engineering grade designs) -- thank you.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

3. Layer panel not working with document multiple windows

Hi, I have the AI latest release (21.1.0) and I'm facing an issue with multiple windows on two different screens of the same project.
    The layers panel is not responding when I want to open a layer tree, block and hide/show.

I read there are some problems with the GPU preview so I tried to disabled it but the problem is still there.

I try to explain what I'm doing:
    1. Open an empty New Document
    2. Add two new layers
    3. Draw something on every layer
    4. Duplicate the window going to Window > New Window (I want to…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Drop shadows appear lighter in v28.1

Drop shadows appear lighter in version 28.1 compared to previous versions.

Applying a drop shadow and opening the same file side-by-side in two versions makes this clear. Both shadows have the same settings, files have the same colour settings and profile, and are displayed on the same monitor.

The example images show version 28.1 and 27.9, but the change is evident between 28.0 and 28.1.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Alt/Opt clicking into the spectrum bar in Color panel now changes both fill and stroke on release

When I hold Alt/Opt and drag the cursor over the spectrum bar, I am able to change the color of the inactive attribute — in this case stroke, since fill is activated. However, as soon as the mouse button is released, the fill gets changed to the picked color too! This was not the case in the the previous version.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Pressure option not showing / grayed out with Wacom tablets/pens

Wacom pressure not showing on menus illustrator 25.4.1.
    But if I use the Wacom 6d brushes, it have the pressure. But again, if I turn of pressure on Wacom brushes, it goes grey again and I can't turn on again.
    And if I create a brushes from scractch, pressure is greyed out, and I'm using Bir Sur, and can't go back the drivers, like I did on the old machine (Wacom drivers, but there is high Sierra, that support an old drivers) it worked on old driver. But on Big Sur I have not this option. and I already tried…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.2.1 which is available worldwide now.

7. Saving a file should not highlight the extension

When saving (copy, exporting, etc), the save box highlights the extension. This should not happen. Soon as you choose a different format, the extension is no longer highlighted (which is good and how it should be). The extension should not be highlighted. This Illustrator bug happened after the Mac Catalina update.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When a document using Japanese TrueType font is opened in different OS environment, font warning is given

When Japanese TrueType font is used in a document and opened in different OS environment,
    Even though you have installed the same font, you will get a font warning when you open it.
    Screenshots are created on Windows and open on macOS. But the opposite is also true.

1. Create a file in Windows environment and save it using related fonts
    2. When 1 is opened in macOS environment, the corresponding font is displayed as a font problem.
    3. Open Font Search after opening has not caused any problems

There are three types of fonts used, but problems occur with Japanese fonts or…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Illustrator 23.0.1 crashing almost immediately after launch

I am running Mojave 10.14.2 (system screenshot attached). Every time I start Illustrator, it runs for 5-10 seconds and then crashes. There are no error messages; it just dies. The same thing happens with InDesign. Photoshop appears to run without issue.

I have tried looking for updates in the CC app, but it says that the programs are all up to date.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the software, but the issue remains.

I have seen responses for similar issues where Adobe techs say that the issue has been fixed on version 23.0.1, but that is not the case;…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please try again, there was a server level issue that was leading to a crash on January 9th 2019

NOTE: This issue is only for the scenario where Illustrator 23.0.1 / 23.0.0 started crashing on January 9th 2019

10. Color panel switches from secondary display to the primary display

I run 2 monitors in Windows 7, most typically with my artboard window on the left (display 'A'), and a layout of panels on the right (display 'B').

Not sure whether it started with this immediately after installing 2019, but today, any click on a Fill/Stroke proxy, either the one in the Color panel, or the one at the bottom of the Tools panel, the Color panel instantly jumps from display B to (the same position on) display A.

So here's the normal state:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2549930

See the Color panel at the bottom of the second-from-left column of panels on display…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. AI 23.0 crashes when drag-copying simple objects when yo have HotDoor's CADtools installed

Since I installed version 23.0 it frequently and repeatably crashes when drag-copying even the simplest objects. In the latest example it was a line segment -- two connected vertices. After recovering, I rebuilt the objects and tried again -- same result. This is such a basic operation that I do it without thinking -- having it cause an instant crash is very debilitating to my workflow.

MacOS 10.12.6
    iMac Retina 5K 27in Late 2015
    4GHz Core i7
    32GB RAM

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

This bug has been fixed with AI version 23.0.2 & fix has been verified from Brendon (Hotdoor).

Please update AI to latest version 23.0.4 (MAC) & 23.0.3 (WIN).

Please do let us know if it is still reproducible at email id:
    sharewithaaiATTHERATEadobeDOTcom

For the crash during image crop you need to start a new thread as it is different from the crash described in this thread.

Thanks & Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh
    Illustrator Team

12. Artboard tooltip cannot be dismissed

When I double click on an Artboard to open its properties, I receive a blue tooltip "Shift-click to select multiple artboards. Alternatively, Shift-drag to draw a marquee...". However, I am unable to dismiss this tooltip because the Artboard Options dialog is open, and that is at the highest z-index, and I cannot interact with any other interface unless I dismiss this dialog.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

13. Drop shadow bug on modal dialogs

Modal dialogs in Illustrator 22.0.1 (64-bit) on Windows are rendering incorrectly for me.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Set Area Type width to larger than 13.888 inches via Type->Area Type Options... dialog

Though the type tool can draw area type boxes of any size, the width property of the Area Type Options dialog box can only be set up to 13.888 inches. This means that for any wider area type, whenever you change a property within the Area Type Options it will be resized to 13.888 inches wide.

This is not a new problem as seen in this thread started in 2010: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/701249.

I often work on area type larger than this seemingly arbitrary limit. If I adjust the columns, gutters, inset or any other property found within the Area Type…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.1 which is available worldwide now.

15. Illustrator CC 2018 - CEP 8 HTML Extension Resize Issue

We are experiencing resizing issue in the latest CEP version. Our extension allows user to resize extension's window, however whenever any navigation occur, window size resets. Problem exists in Illustrator CC 2018 (22.0.1), everything is working fine in previous version (CC 2017).
    We already tried different geometry settings and extension UI types, but problem persists and seems to be related to engine itself.

We successfully reproduced this issue with official git hub sample extension. Steps to reproduce:
    1. Open sample extension with debug mode enabled
    2. Resize window
    3. Change window location in console to any other page
    4. After…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

16. PNG Not exported with Black Background

Export Element > PNG > Background Color Black not working

Illustrator Version: CC2018, 22.0.1 (64-bit)
    Language: German

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Transparency Abnormal with GPU

This is mine, latest version 22.0.0 after clean install Windows 10 Pro. Everything seem fine... but After I change transparency normal to other blending mode it's Black

AMD RX7 - 370 / 2GB
    and other in Capture VDO

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Properties panel does not scale in width

In Illustrator CC 2018 (Windows), the Properties panel does not scale in width, so it can not be grouped with other panels (when switching, all panels become equal to the Properties panel in width).

In the transformation section of the object in the Properties panel, you can not change the size proportionally using the Ctrl + Enter shortcut. In the Transformation panel, you can do this.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.

Warm Regards,

19. Right click menu location bug. Win10 200% scaling.

When I do right click, coordinate of context menu location doesn't double and located at the center between of cursor and top left corner of the workspace. This bug happens at all CC versions support Hi-dpi displays. Absolutely clean Windows, Illustrator, no plugins.

https://youtu.be/WySXd6viYac

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. SVG files scaling issue

At the opening, AI does not take in consideration a transform define in a <use /> in a SVG file and all elements defined in this section have wriong scale (see displayingissue.png). This is not obsevable in any web browser and competitor tool. In attachement, inital SVG file and the file modified (*_AI.svg) to get correct displaying in AI.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 9 11 13 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base