2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Selection Tool - not showing box when shape is selected?

When I am using the Selection Tool, it doesn't show the box it did before round the selected shape. So I can't alter the shape.

It seems to be filled in green corners exactly like the direct selection tool.

I have closed Illustrator and opened it again.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you please check if the option to show bounding box is ON on your system?
    In Illustrator open view menu and look for option “Show Bounding box” or “Hide Bounding Box”. If it says “Show Bounding box”, Select the option and check your workflow.

Hope this solves your problem.

2. can't paste object. the requested transformation....

the image is 5 inches, and I'm pasting into a several page 8.5 x 11 document.... really can't tell you how much time I'm wasting, and I'm very irratated.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. CC 2018 Multiply Blend Mode Incorrect

CC 2018 & Mac Sierra

If you apply multiply blend mode to a path, group that and apply multiply again at the group level, you now get 2x multiply. This is wrong whether you look at this from a process ink or spot color printing.

Omg the uploaded example, I am expecting both left and right sides to be identical to each other, as in versions prior to CC2018.

We often get files from designers who will try to make a color look good on screen, and printing off a color laser printer. You could for example draw 2 overlapping…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Print  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We could reproduce this issue at our end, following are the findings

1. This issue is reproducible in CPU, GPU Rendering and Print Preview(thumbnail).
    2. Reproducible in older versions as well including Illustrator CS6 (not a new break in CC 2018)
    3. Works fine in Overprint Preview
    4. Works fine in Print & PDF

Please confirm above observation match with the problem reported in this issue

4. window resize

after a doc is open and the window has been open to the largest size. clicking the bottom right corner to resize the doc window feels like it is snapping to the bottom or to increments of a set size. HOW do we turn this off to resize the document window to any free flowing size ?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Illustrator 2019 - anchors are now invisible unless selected?

I installed the newest AI update (v23) and started testing some of the new features when I noticed that the anchor points that I rely on for my work have vanished. I've attached screen snips to show the difference between AI 2018 and 2019.

That little magenta X shows up in earlier versions but now it's invisible. It's still present and can be selected if I know where it is but that defeats the purpose, in my opinion. There must be some way to turn these back on, right?

I've tried toggling many settings in the menu and the closest…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  24 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Illustrator CC 2019 freezes when trying to save.

Illustrator freezes while trying to save, both locally or on a network drive.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

I would like to know if your issue is resolved ? If not please help us by answering few questions-

Hardware you were working?
    Is this very frequent?
    Your operating system?
    Are you connected to a VPN?

Please revert us back with the above information,it may help us to reproduce the issue in house.

7. Illustrator CC is in Overprint mode super slow

Dear User Voice Team,

While working in overprint view , Illustrator slows down and starts freezing

Im working on:
    HP Z440
    Intel Xeon E5 1620 v4 @ 3.50 GHz
    64 GB DDR4
    NVIDIA Quadro P4000 - 8192 MB
    Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit

We have 2 other computers with specifications below, which work perfectly fine :

1) Asus ROG G75 VW
    Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit
    Intel® Core™ i7 3610QM
    16 GB - DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670M with 3GB GDDR5
    Illustrator CC 2018

2) iMac (27-inch, late 2013)
    macOS High Sierra - Version 10.13.6 …

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Sanan,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. And, Sorry for getting back so late. we are not able to reproduce this issue in-house.
    1. Are you still getting this issue on latest version of Illustrator?
    2. Would it be possible for you to share the video of the same?

Thanks
    Anish

8. Poor quality images from Export for Screens

Mac OS 10.13.5, Illustrator 22.1

Images from artboards containing embedded raster files output using Export for Screens are of decidedly lower quality than those output from Save for Web. Please see the attached image for a side-by-side comparison. Save for Web is on the left, Explort for Screens on the right. Top images are actual size, bottom enlarged for emphasis. Notice the jaggies in the raster images.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue and getting back to you this late.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1) Is this Issue still happening on your machine in the Latest version 23.0.3 ?
    2) If yes,Kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at
    ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.
    Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks and Regards

9. New text box appearing on clicking in current text box

When you click in a text box with the type tool, it'll create a new text box unless you click on the actual word you want to modify. Or if you are trying to add something to the end of your text and click like a millimeter off the letter, it'll create a new text box.

This is super annoying and I'm not quite sure why this function is necessary. It didn't use to be like this until the last update. Please look at this for the next update for those who use a lot of text in Illustrator.

Thank…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue and getting back to you this late.

Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    1)Is this Issue still happening on your machine on Latest version 23.0.3 ?
    2)Can you kindly provide Test File via (File→Package)and open Info Panel & provide some video while repeating steps with which you are facing this issue and share with us.
    It will help us to understand your issue more clearly and we can investigate this further.

Kindly share the requested information at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.

10. Lines under 1pt render thick in PDF

In Illustrator, lines thinner than 1pt end up rendering a mess (thick, out of alignment) when viewed in PDF. This is fixed in the viewer by un-checking "Enhance Thin Lines", but it is unreasonable to ask every client of a designer to update that setting. Furthermore it's impossible to un-check this setting, for example on the Vistaprint website where the PDF preview of an AI file is used as the product proof.

Please fix this. There have been a million excuses on why this is not a bug but a feature, but we NEED the ability to disable it from…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

1) Is this Issue still happening on your machine in the Latest version 23.0.3 ?
    2) If yes,Kindly provide Test file(Via File→Package) with which you are facing issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.

11. Entering a text field should select value by default

There are certain default behaviors that one becomes used to when using a computer and Adobe appears to have completely disregarded this with respect to manually entering values! Please fix this serious bug.

When clicking on any modifiable value field, a single click should select the entire contents of the field by default. If I click on the width field in the Illustrator top bar, I should be able to simply type a width and hit tab or enter to apply. THIS IS NOT HOW IT WORKS.

If I see that my width is only off by a small amount…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Right Click

This is not an idea, it is a bug complaint! My right click does not work on Illustrator on anything. I just downloaded the latest version of Adobe Illustrator Version 2017 21.1.0 in hopes to correct the "right clicking" issue that was in my older version (version prior to 21.1.0). I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program and the same problem still persist. My right click does not work! This is slowing down my work and it's definitely not time efficient. Help me fix this now!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Illustrator 24.1 metric precision broken

So there was a new release Illustrator 24.1 the other day which I installed. Unfortunately, it looks like the engineers messed up and semi-broke the conversion routines from inches or whatever measurement is used internally to the metric units displayed to me as the user.

What used to be displayed as nice whole numbers or up to a maximum of three decimals, is now never an even number and always displayed with four decimals. Just to take an example, a dimension clearly intended to be precisely 10 mm is now displayed as say 9.9998 mm or 10.0003 mm.

This is…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Magnus,

Thanks.

I have replied on this thread (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustrator-24-1-metric-precision-broken/td-p/10974120?page=1) too. Posting it here also.

In 24.1 version, we are now showing four decimal places in transform/new document screen (earlier we used to show three). We did this because we were getting requests from the community (particularly, packaging designers) to increase the decimals so that they can do more precise work. And also, from people who wanted to see their 1/16ths (0.0625) dimensions fully, without Illustrator rounding it off to three decimal places.

As a result of this, please be assured that the actual dimensions which you had used in prior designs will not get changed. As @hubglobin’s screenshots show (thanks for creating these), the actual size has not changed, only the display has changed. If you had manually set an object’s dimension (or co-ordinate) to, say 5.355mm, you’ll still see this dimension as 5.355mm in 24.1. If…

14. Illustrator ignores variable font kerning

As described. Illustrator is not interpolating kerning data. Using a font that works well on everything but Illustrator. Left is view in Chrome, right in Illustrator.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Thai language bug

Thai font deleted or missing when create outline.
    Most of the time it happens to few or last fonts of the line.

Macbook Pro 15"
    OS 10.14.6
    IllustratorCC version 23.0.4

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Can you upgrade to latest release 23.0.6 and let us know if it fixes your issue. We had fixed a bug with similar description in 23.0.6

Thanks,
    Ashutosh

16. Text will not change fill colour to what has been selected

WIndows 10, Illustrator 23.0.3: After selecting text, I try to change the fill colour either using the eyedropper tool or the swatches panel. I expect the text to change to that colour. However, while the colour window shows the colour has been changed, the text doesn't actually change colour. I have to outline the text in order to get it to change colour.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Melina ,

Thanks for reporting this issue, Illustrator team really appreciate this.
    As per attached screen shot , for the selected Text object your fill is below the Characters in appearance panel.
    Can you kindly move the Fill above the characters and change fill. This will hopefully resolve your problem.
    In order to identify the root cause , can you kindly provide us eyedropper setting snapshot ,you can find eyedropper settings by double click on eyedropper tool .

Thanks
    Anish

17. Artboard numbering bug in illustrator CC 2018

when open more then 9 artboards, illustrator make the same page number for some of the artbords (look at the video attached).
    it open 1-9 artboads normally the next artboard is no 10 but 11 and also the one after it also 11 then until 14 it's also OK but then no 15 artboard but 2 16!
    it make very hard to export the artboard that have the same page number
    and generally really confusing

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Window tabs in illustrator glitch can't navigate

I've lost the ability to navigate and manage my tabs in illustrator on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3. Multiple restarts of my computer have not solved this, please fix this super frustrating glitch!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Strokes are become sporadic and missing in some places

Strokes are become sporadic and missing in some places. I don't know what the issue is. My strokes were perfect yesterday and now I update my mac and the strokes are now sporadic, jagged and missing in places. See screenshot.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We apologize for having such an irritating issue with your workflow.
    The issue is still not reproducible in-house. We need your help to reproduce the issue.
    Please provide your system details and the objects with which you are working.
    If issue is happening in any specific file and you can provide the file to us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com, also please do mention this User Voice thread link in the mail.

20. 'Can't save some resource data, but artwork was saved successfully. AN I/O error occurred. Id:-36'

'Can't save some resource data, but artwork was saved successfully. AN I/O error occurred. Id:-36'

This happens when saving an illustrator doc now.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base