Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

242 results found

1. Selection tool not working with Text

Intermittently, the selection tool isn't working with my text. For area type, the bounding box will disappear (and "show bounding box" is enabled). When it re-appears, often there is a lag between when I move the text and when the bounding box follows it. If there is no lag, it is not uncommon for the bounding box not to move at all.

OR my selection tool will (on area type) act only like a direct selection tool. And the transformation controls on each side of a rectangle of the type box will disappear. All I can do is use the…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    We are getting response from users that they are facing this issue no more on Latest Illustrator released version .Hence marking this issue as resolved.

In case you are still encountering this issue.
    Kindly provide some video and Test file(Via File→Package) with some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us in a zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com .Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

2. Blending paths with Width profiles works wrong

Create two lines.
    Apply width profiles to both of them.
    Blend them.
    Ai will generate steps that have uniform profiles instead of intermediate.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Strokes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Type Tool is very slow - Adobe Illustrator CC 2019

I recently update Adobe Illustrator CC to the latest version (CC 2019) and the type tool is painfully slow. Every time I try to use it, I get 15-20 seconds of the pinwheel before the cursor shows up. Once the tool is finally activated, everything takes a prolonged amount of time (5-10 seconds to type a letter, etc.) Thanks for any help.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Action using "save as" location not keep settings after restart of Illustrator

I created action that use the "save as" to defined location, when closing and restarting Illustrator the action doesn't save location of "save as" action.

Windows 10 pro ver. 1803

Illustrator ver. 23.0.1

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Transform Panel in Properties – Nudge using arrow keys problem

In investigating my own question from in the user forum (https://forums.adobe.com/message/10238447#) I discovered that there is a disconnect between the Transform panel that is embedded in the properties panel and the Transform panel that you access via the Window dropdown.

The free floating TRANSFORM panel you access from the Window dropdown works just like it always did... when I put my cursor in the X, Y, W or H and click an up or down arrow key it first rounds to the nearest .125" then increases or decreases .125" at a time (assuming the units are set to…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. LAUNCH ERROR ISSUE - Google Drive File Stream

Drive File Stream interfere with Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 on Windows 7 SP1 x64 bit.

After installing Google Drive File Stream I get lunch error during Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 (icui18n.dll) and program runs with limited functionality.

When uninstalling the google drive file stream everything works just fine.

I shared the same issue with the drive file stream, so i just hope that it will not end up pointing fault one on another. Both applications are important to workflow.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Here is some good news. We users who have confirmed that the issue is resolved when you install the latest version of Google File Stream.
    Please update to Google Drive File Stream 26.1.37.2022 or later

Thank you Martin for validating the fix.

7. Syncing font from Typekit never works

When opening a file that I have used Typekit fonts in, the missing fonts dialog box tells me they are missing, but are available to sync from Typekit.
    I have tried the following to restore my fonts

1. Press "Sync" from the missing font dialog box inside illustrator. (this does nothing. it loads forever and never updates my fonts)
    2. Open typekit in browser, unsync and re-sync all fonts.
    3. Close file. Open typekit in browser, unsync and re-sync all fonts. Re-open file.
    4. Quit Illustrator. Open typekit in browser, unsync and re-sync all fonts. Launch Illustrator. Open file.

NOTHING works.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you all of you who had contacted us. Here is the solution

Kindly try the troubleshooting Steps mentioned on Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/typekit/kb/troubleshoot-font-syncing.html .
    If above mentioned link does not resolve your problem Kindly collect the logs as mentioned in the e link and get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

NOTE: For Myraid pro refer to the link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1638311

8. Cursor jumps while editing Font Family name

When I try to change font name from HeliosCondBlackC to HeliosBlackC (both are installed), erasing part of the name, CC2018 moves cursor to the end (while CC2017 does not)
    I also have 'Entire Font name' option chosen (and never change it), but cursor still jumps to the end.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our release – 23.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

9. New Document dialog window always coming up blank now

It was working at first, but now when I try to create a new document I just get a completely blank dialog box. When I mouse over areas of the box, the pointer turns from arrow to text input cursor or clicky-finger depending where in the window I am, which implied that everything is there, but not visible. To confirm this, I clicked on where I knew my favourite preset to be and hit return, and it created the right kind of new document.

So the dialog comes up, but doesn't display anything even though it's all there to interact…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Actual Size view menu does not display at actual size...

The new "Actual Size" feature under the view menu does not zoom to actual size. a 1" square is displayed at around 7/8" instead.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

there are two issues in this post
    1. Users want this feature to work on multiple monitors.
    2. Users want to have a view actual pixels for web drawings.

for #1 please vote here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/35799382--actual-size-should-work-with-multiple-monitors

for #2: we have an option to disable – You have to go to Preferences > General and uncheck “Display print size at 100% Zoom”.

11. GPU bold fat offset artwork

I have no idea how to properly name that bug, but here're images.
    This bug, once happened in document, stays at various zoom levels, after switching mode to CPU and back several times, stays after document closed/opened. Even after relaunching AI (he threw an error message also), bug stays!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. textRange.words counts words wrong in a wrong way

If you try to calculate a number of words and store them for later using textRange.words and a punctuation marks placed one space after the word, as demonstrated in the video, Ai cuts words in wrong places, resulting words being trimmed.

This breaks all scripts that rely on this method.

You have to rename 'words-bug.txt' into 'words-bug.js' and 'words-bug.pdf' to 'words-bug.ai' to test it, since UV does not allow to upload these type formats.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Warning Message "Partially selected objects..." Repeated

The warning message repeats:

"Partially selected objects cannot be set as key objects. In order to set an object as a key object, make sure the entire object is selected and try again."

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Selection  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Align distribute center doesn't work

Trying to use Align>Distribute center with Align to Selection selected - on a group of elements.

Elements arent distributed symmetrically but seem to randomly distribute, some elements very close together and others very far apart. Same issue has been repeating since updating to 23.0.1. Working on MacOS Mojave 10.14.

For example the attached 3 elements were aligned with horizontal center distribution, but the center object moved close to the left text block.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Direct selection tool not resizing selected artwork

When I try to click on an anchor point and resize my artwork with the direct selection tool, it does not resize the artwork anymore. It just moves the artwork. Fortunately, I can still use the Free Transform Tool to resize objects and artwork. This is on Windows 10 in Illustrator CC 22.1.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    We are getting response from users that they are able to resolve this issue via view→ show edges or show bounding box .

In case you are still encountering this issue and unable to resolve via above provided workaround.
    Kindly provide us following information:

1) Kindly provide some video and Test file(Via File→Package) with some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us in a zip file .
    2)Which version of Illustrator you are using.
    3) If you are using Adobe Illustrator 2020 , Could you kindly share your preferences folder with us in a zip file. You would be able to find the preferences folder in the below location:

MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings (Kindly press Command + Shift + G and write ~/Library and ok and then go to preferences )

Win: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings

Kindly…

16. Smart Guides no longer work.

Smart Guides no longer work in Illustrator

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In a Group (Isolation mode), cannot set a sub-Group as key-object for alignment

Illustrator CC 2018
    Windows 10

I have a Group, containing other sub-Groups.
    I enter Isolation mode by double-clicking on the Group.
    Once inside, I select all sub-Groups and want to set one of them as key-object for alignment. I can't.
    It works with single objects but not with sub-Groups. It's very handicapping.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. some graphics missing when exporting artboard using "export as"

Hello, I am experiencing strange results during artboard export - after export to bitmap file, there is often some part of graphics missing. Latest example is this - the 1pt stroke, visible in editor, is not present on exported image. Simillar result achieved in numerous different cases, ussually some shapes or contours with white color are missing in exported image. I am includign source files, you will have the background photo link missing, but this can be replaced with any colored box with same result. This is dangerous bug, because you have to control your exports carefully, and is easy…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The white outlines in the file have Overprint attribute set. White + overprint result in empty objects, please remove overprint attribute from the white objects and try export again.

19. Images get randomly cropped from unwanted sides with Crop Image

Currently when you wish to crop an embedded or linked image, clicking the crop button makes the cropping interface appear over the image.

When this happens, illustrator has already applied some (seemingly random) degree of cropping to the image.

This is super annoying if you only want to crop one edge of the image as you have to return the other three edges to the uncropped position.

Also if you are zoomed in so far as to not be able to see all the edges of the image, you crop the edge you are looking at without realising illustrator automatically…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Workspace panels move on their own

While using the new Illustrator CC v.23, the workspace will randomly move around and cover up the artboard that I am working on. I can simply click "reset workspace" and it's back to normal it is very frequently that the workspaces move around randomly. Please fix, Thanks.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have a feature to popup colors panel when you click on fill/stroke proxy. Please remove the colors panel from the the workspace when it pops-up you should be fine. When I say remove you just have to remove from the dock and keep it as a floating

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base