Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Illustrator 2018 Crashes

I have Surface Studio, 32 Gig, Windows 10. Today I installed the CC Updates and now Illustrator crashes every 2 or 3 minutes. I uninstalled Illustrator and reinstalled it, but the crashes continue. Finally in desperation I uninstalled Illustrator 2018 and reinstalled Illustrator 2017. At least now Illustrator is stable.

I sure would like to know what to do to fix the problem. You know it wouldn't be a bad idea if one could reach support with install problems.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

31 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. paste in place

So I'm having problems with the Paste in Place command, sometimes it works great when I Copy or Cut something and paste it on other artboards but most of the times it is not working properly, either what I copied o cut get outside the drawing area or it goes to a random place, and at first I thought I wasn't selecting the artboard but even with the artboard selected it falls anywhere. I'm running Illustrator CC 2019, on windows 10.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Selection tool acting like Direct selection tool and vice versa

Selection tool does not select all points and will not move a group of objects correctly, (it acts like the Direct Selection tool, not selecting all points). And the Direct Selection tool selects ALL points of a group and moves them, which is what the Selection tool is supposed to do. They are working exactly opposite as they should. "Show Bounding box" does not resolve this issue. The Selection tool has also instantly changed format of text simply upon selection (indent & tracking). Using MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, Illustrator CC 2019. This is a bad bug, please help.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

4. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. crash

CRASHING VERY OFTEN.
    I am hard Illustrator user, for over 20 years. For my surprise, this October version crashes almost every day. I reinstalled the sofware in one Dell XPS 8700 Machine and in a brand new Samsung X40 Notebook. In both cases AI still crashing suddenly. Hope you Dev Team guys work ******* this, becaus one of the reasons to use AI was its stability. No more...

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Regular Crashes

October Release just kept crashing...had to revert to previous release to prevent losing work and time

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Illustrator CC2019 isn't allowing me to create new documents. At all.

Illustrator CC2019 isn't allowing me to create new documents. At all.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

8. Disappearing an outline size diameter of a brush tool

When you just launch the Adobe Illustrator, you can see the outline size diameter of the cursor of brush/blob brush tools, but when you have drawn something the outline disappears , you can see only an icon of the brush and no clue what size is currently on.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can not export to png or jpg

When I try to export to jpg I get this error that comes up to lower my resolution. I have tried lowering it to 150dpi and still does not work.

When I try to export to png it comes up with an unknown error "(!now)"

This is ridiculous as I should be able to export from illustrator at any dpi without these issues as this is an expensive professional product.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Image Trace only creates a white box

The "Image Trace" function only creates a solid white box, regardless of what image trace option I select.

Using the new Illustrator CC 2018.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. AI 24 freezes on startup (Mac OS Catalina)

Illustrator 24 (2020) will not launch on my MacBook Pro Retina.

1. I'm running Catalina 10.15.1 and Illustrator 2020.

2. The applications is installed and launched

3. I expect the app to open

4. It freezes upon startup

I had the same issue with InDesign 2020 freezing up (causing me to have to Force Quit the stalled app), but Photoshop 2020 did not have any issues.

I was able to get InDesign 2020 to launch by restarting in Safe Mode, then disabling the "Show Home screen when no documents are open" Preference, then restarting normally.

The bug seem related to not being able to…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. freeform gradient tool is grayed out and not working.

I have updated Illustrator and the new freeform gradient tool is grayed out in the gradient panel. It is not usable.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Takes about 15 minutes to open/unfreeze

Since the last update 22.1 it takes about 15 minutes to open...
    I get a white frozen screen for an average of 15 minutes with just the contour of the app...and than it open nomally.

My system:
    Windows 10 Pro
    Illustrator CC

Hopefully you can help

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Not enough memory to place the file + can't export files Illustrator

Hi,

Hope all is good.

When trying to add any file over approx 50kb to an Illustrator project (to an empty one or one with existing layers), if that's a png, jpg or psd, error message comes out ''not enough memory to place the file'', or nothing happens at all.

At the same time, when I try to export a finished project (of any size), these methods don't work:

'Export As' PNG = the operation cannot be completed because of an unknown error. [!now]
    'Save for web (legacy)' = can't even open the option panel, error message comes up straight…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

As Andy commented that the memory issue was resolved after updating to 23.0.3, please try that.

Thanks & Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh

15. Pasting symbols now creates unique symbols instead of instances of the original symbol

Copy-pasting a symbol--whether individually or by using the paste to all artboards command-- now creates a new symbol instead of creating instances of the original symbol. Alt-dragging the symbol to a new artboard creates a new instance of the original symbol as expected.

This seems to be a new bug, as I can't recall ever having this issue before. Thanks for checking into it!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. rotate tool

The rotate tool's anchor point won't stay were I place it when I go to the dialogue box to rotate in degrees.

I updated my Mac OS yesterday and since the update this tool hasn't worked.
    I have the latest version of Illustartor 22.0.1.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. File size growing increasing bloating

Illustrator 22.0.1 (64bit), Windows 10 64bit (latest version), 64GB RAM, 3.5Ghz 12 core CPU, 2x large SSDs

As of last week, I have been encountering an issue with file sizes growing larger and larger each time I save. The file grows even when I only move or even delete objects. The larger the file becomes the more it adds with each save, and the slower it becomes. It’s as though it’s doing something like saving history states (although not in any useful way).

This is a huge problem; the project file I’m currently working on, though modest in complexity (75k…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option + Arrow Key Not Working in Illustrator 2018

In all previous releases that I can remember. If you held down the option key and then tapped arrow key Illustrator would create a copy and move the object by the distance set in preferences. In the current version this functionality is missing and actually nothing happens. Is this working for anyone or is there a fix?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fonts

My synced fonts don't show up in Illustrator. These are fonts that have been syncs for months. Restarting Illustrator does nothing. Unsyncing and resyncing fonts on Typekit does nothing.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

20. unable to create a new document

I am not able to create a new document

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base