Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. missing id in exported svg

When I export the attached .ai file to svg, the result does not contain the id of the r14 rectangle.
    Before you say "well just add it in manually", please consider that this is a simplified version and that the real thing would contain dozens, even hundreds of objects.
    Note that I am not using the artboard. The idea is to use this svg to be animated by the GreenSock javascript library.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Finecut Rasterlink

Cut path and Reg marks work fine
    Output to Rasterlink produces a Blank screen and freezes illustrator

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adding Preset Brushes to Brushes CAN cause drop down menu to break

I wanted to have all the brushes that come packed with Illustrator available to me at all times. I loaded the ones I wanted, selected and added the brushes. Once I did this the drop down menu crashes and will not come back, the top is lost and does not scroll up. This has effected all my documents until I closed down Illustrator. When I did this again it was fine.... any ideas?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Benjamin,

Once you load all the brushes that you need in brushes panel, Save it as library from the flyout and you can open this library everytime you want to use it.
    You can mark the library persistent, so that it opens on restarting the application.
    Hope this helps. If you still need help write to sharewithai@adobe.com with mention of this.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

4. Carcoal feather Stroke instead of basic

Ai CC 2017, 2018; I was trying to create a circle with clean basic stroke style instead it keeps appearing as a charcoal feather stroke. I was working on Surface pro 4 while converting an image to vector. This doesn't happen on Pc or Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Font Suggestion and Cursor misbehaving

I'm already feeling a lot of regret for updating to CC 2018!
    Now anytime I want to change a font, and I start typing in the name, no suggestions come up. Sometimes, the cursor jumps backwards and start inserting characters midway. I feel frustrated and fed up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Preview in Browser" resets to Safari

"Preview in Browser" option in save for web window is resets to Safari everyday(After restart). Several times I tried selecting Google Chrome and set as default in browser menu, but chrome is getting removed from the browser menu automatically after I restart the Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Ashutosh Chaturvedi responded

Please contact Apple support. macOS controls the default browser setting. You can validate the default browser by double clicking any html file on your system.

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. If you want to turn it off, you need to switch to some other tool. Or you can remove it from panel by the flyout menu.

If this doesn’t resolve your issue, then please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here

10. Adding assets to Asset Export

Illustrator 2018 is not letting me create a single asset from ungrouped layers. In the previews version the functionality was simple, you just select as many ungrouped layers and it would create a single asset.

Is this is a new fancy bug?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New document dialog doesn't provide default values

When in Illustrator, I typically use ctrl-n, then hit enter to automatically open a new document.

However, the new document dialog as of Illustrator 2017.1.0 doesn't have default values filled when the dialog opens, and one is forced to pick the type of document one wants to create, from web, mobile, print, etc. instead of just hitting the "enter" key and changing these settings later.

In other words, you are complicating the flow of creating new documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Phillipe,
    Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. New document dialog in new version shows the last used profile as default selection.
    If you are still facing issue, Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here

12. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base