Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

366 results found

1. 17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Straight line extension does not work if the adjacent point has a handle

I have a shape.
    Some points of it have handles, some are not.
    For example, two points adjacent to the the bottom-most one: the right one has no handles, the left one has one.
    This, for some user-unfriendly reasons, matters and dictates Ai to draw an extension or not to.
    If I grab bottom point and try to move it along the right segment’s virtual extension, AI draws it for me and I can snap the point to it — 'because the adjacent point has no handles'.
    If I move this same point along the basically same straight left segment,…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Snapping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

3. After redo is different from before undo

The reproduction procedure is as follows.
    1. Create a point text containing two or more paragraphs
    2. Change the transformation reference point to a position other than the default position
    3. Transform it with the scaling tool

At this point, remember the state of the artboard.

Undo (command + Z) once.
    Then redo (command + shift + Z).
    It should be different from before undo.

I feel very threatened because I often do this by hand.

in Japanese
    再現手順は以下の通りです。
    1. 段落を2つ以上含むポイントテキストを作成
    2. 変形の基準点をデフォルトの位置以外に変更
    3. それを拡大・縮小ツールで変形

ここまで進めたら、アートボードの状態をよく覚えてください。

一回取り消し(command+Z)します。
    そしてやり直し(command+shift+Z)します。
    取り消し前と様子が違っているはずです。

私はこれを手癖でよくやるのでとてもこわいです。

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

4. Workspaces not working, all panels hidden on start up.

Just update to CC23.0.1 and when I start up Illustrator all the panels are turned off and my workspace won't change or reset.

I can turn on the panels manually, but it resets when I close Illustrator. The reset, new workspace and manage workspaces options are greyed out. If I try to change the workspace nothing happens.

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Intel i7-7700
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 750 Ti

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Gradient angle got reset to zero, when using Color Picker

1. Create path
    2. Apply gradient
    3. Change gradient angle
    4. Select gradient stop
    5. Double-click Fill in toolbox to open Color picker
    6. Choose any OTHER color
    7. Hit OK

Angle got reset to 0 (almost always)
    See attached file

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 24.0.2 on Win and 24.0.3 on MAC.

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Thanks & Regards
    Ankit Goyal

6. Freeze on First File Opened if it has Missing Fonts

Illustrator CC version 22.1

1) Launch Illustrator
    2) Open Ai file
    3) If the first file I open after launching Ai has missing fonts the program freezes before it populates the missing fonts dialogue box. I have to force quit the application from task manager and relaunch.

Any subsequent files that are opened after the first file do not have this issue regardless of missing fonts. I am currently working around this issue by opening a file that I know has no missing fonts first before I'm able to open any files that may…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Blend Modes Hotkeys are broken

Illustrator allows users to set custom hotkeys for blend modes, in Keyboard Shortcuts > Tools, right in the very bottom.
    Aside from direct commands for each available blend mode, there are two contextual keys: Next Mode and Previous Mode.

They don’t work as expected. Let’s make a simple test.
    1. Assign Shift+9 (displayed as 'Shift+(' — which is not correct, actually) for Previous and Shift+0 ('Shift+(') for Next blend mode.
    2. Put two colored shapes in a stack, to see what’s happening when you change modes
    3. Open Transparency panel, to see which mode is chosen (for some reason Properties…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

8. Animated zoom stops working after using Outline preview

The animated zoom stops working after I use preview. I've checked in the preferences, and it's still enabled. The only way to fix this that I have found is to restart the program.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Canvas goes white and blue when selecting object.

Whenever I select anything on the canvas, the entire canvas goes full white, and alternates between blue and white. Clicking anywhere on the canvas returns to the previous view, but it makes it impossible to make adjustments. I'm using Illustrator 25.0.1, on a 2019 16" MacBook Pro running macOS Big Sur. I tied reverting to 25.0.0 but the same problem occurred.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.2.1 which is available worldwide now.

10. illustrator 2021 stuck on initializing on mac

illustrator 2021 stuck on initializing until I restart the whole system on mac. I have the latest version

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 'Use Preview Bounds' works wrong with 'Stroke Inside' for Compound Path

If you set set stroke's alignment to inside and check 'Use Preview Bounds' (image 1), AI will draw bounding box (and calculate dimensions) where the stroke would be visible with no alignment (image 2). This is not how it's expected to behave. Th box should wrap the shape.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1 which is available worldwide now.

12. 'Send to current layer' command is disabled when art across several layers is selected

I don't understand why it's limited, I can't see logic behind that, so I put it in Bugs, rather then Ideas.

See, I have some stuff in different layers. I select it, choose a layer, press a hotkey, I intend to collect it all in the selected layer, but nothing happens. WHY?

I have 'Collect in new layer' in Palette menu, but I have no hotkey for it (you guys do everything with mouse? really?) and i don't need a NEW layer, I need existing and selected one, and I have a command for it — ''Send to current layer'…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

13. Local file saving and opening is extremely slow when connected to slow external server or VPN.

LOCAL file saving and opening is extremely slow when connected to slow external server or VPN.

Even though I only work on my local drive, opening or saving a simple document takes up to 2 minutes when I'm connected to a slow VPN connection server. Note: I don't open/save through the VPN, I only opens and saves from my local drive.

The second I close the slow VPN connection, Illustrator works like normal and saves the same file in <3 seconds.

So -- What is Illustrator doing accessing that VPN connection when everything it needs is on the local disk?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

14. Illustrator CC 2018(Mac) Crashes every time I save

Every time I save Illustrator quits and creates a weird .tmp pdf file? forcing me to save as every time I need to save

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

15. "Place copy" of RGB CC library item in CMYK doc changes document color setting to RGB

Illustrator 21.1.0
    1. Created text or other items in an RGB AI doc.
    2. Add to CC library via drag and drop.

3. Open CMYK AI doc
    4. Right click the RGB item and select "Place Copy" (looks like that's cut off on the GIF — probably recorded with too few frames).

Expected result: RGB items converted to CMYK

Actual result: CMYK doc converted to RGB

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

16. REMOVE THE POPUPS - share online

please remove the annoying popup ... i will never share or use google cloud for any business documents.
    and i hate HATE popups that will not go away. i never want to see any popups.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Dissapearing controls

My controls are dissapearing. Attached is a screenshot.
    I can select elements on the graphics but cannot see any buttons.
    Seems to be happening at random times. I have tried using 3 different PCs now and it happens on all 3.
    AI version: 26.5
    OS: Windows 10 Enterprise version 10.0.19042 Build 19042.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

18. Crashing repeatedly 26.4.1

Since the update to Illustrator v 26.4.1 there have been repeated crashes.
    Crashes creating new document from template
    Crashing when copying and pasting objects into Illustrator and crashing when working in the document. Only using basic shapes, although some shapes do have legacy 3D effects on them.
    Windows 10 Enterprise Intel (R), Xeon(R) E-2276M CPU 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz RAM: 42.0 GB 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Illustrator 2021 (Version 25.0.0) crashing when running Variable Importer script

Ever since the update, the program crashes when you either "test" the files before importing the variables or even if you skip this step and directly choose importing the variables, it completely crashes the application. I require this script for my job and have a project due this Friday, October 30th 2020. Please address immediately.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ExportOptionsPNG24.artBoardClipping broken in 2020

ExportOptionsPNG24.artBoardClipping (set to false)

In 2019 (23.1), PNGs exported by javascript are trimmed to the visible bounds of the object as expected when false. When true, they're the size of the artboard.

In 2020 (24.3), the same script always produces PNGs the size of the artboard whatever artBoardClipping is set to.

Illustrator 24.3 vs Illustrator 23.1
    Windows 10
    Script run via Illustrator (File/Scripts) as well as testing in ETSK 4.0.0.1

It's a dealbreaker for version 24. We can't upgrade as a team unless this is fixed.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

1 2 6 8 10 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base