Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

366 results found

1. Unit issue with DXF exported from Illustrator

Hello,
    Units are not correct when exporting DXF files from Illustrator CC.

A 100 mm diameter circle exported from illustrator CC (22.0.1) is opened in Creo Parametric 4.0 (M070) and measures 2540 mm.

My CC options are in millimeters
    $INSUNITS in DXF file should be defined to 4 = Millimeters
    Actually it is exported with 1 and this is incorrect.

Changing $INSUNITS from 1 to 4 in Notepad is not a sustainable solution !

Default drawing units for AutoCAD DesignCenter blocks:
    https://www.autodesk.com/techpubs/autocad/acad2000/dxf/header_section_group_codes_dxf_02.htm

Thanks you for tanking in consideration this problematic.

Best regards

Nicolas Bourgeois

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Glyph rendering bug with non-empty space char on OT-SVG fonts

The space character is not rendered consistently when it includes an SVG glyph:

• The glyph is invisible by default
    • But - as expected - it is visible in full color when moving the text object, and in greyscale version when switching to Outline mode
    15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

3. Attributes Panel shows Overprint for mixed selection

The Attributes panel shows that a selection of multiple objects is set to Overprint when the selection contains objects that are not set to Overprint. Only if a non-overprinting object is selected prior to the group selection, will the Attributes will correctly show the "-" (Dash) to indicate a mixed selection. See Screenshots attached.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

4. Drag-n-drop across documents to locked layer warning

Please see the animation.

I have two documents, one with current layer is locked.
    When I try to drag my artwork from other document (in this locked layer, about which I very often don't remember), AI should have said something about 'You are attempting to paste or drag into one or more layers that are locked or hidden. Do you want to unlock and show all appropriate layers?'...

But in my case it does not.
    I remember seeing it from time to time, but often it stops appearing.
    I have nothing as result, no warning, no message, nothing.
    And it's…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.1.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

5. Dropdown for stroke width in Appearance says 'mm' when units are 'px'

AI 22.0.2
    All units are set to 'px'.
    Appearance stroke width dropdown says 'mm'.
    Stroke same dropdown says 'px' all right.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Could not read file because the plug in did not understand this file

Not sure what is happening. I was able to open files before but now I receive a message

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Document recovery is now built inside Illustrator to recover incomplete/corrupt documents. Illustrator first tries to fix and open the native Illustrator document, if that fails then the PDF part of the document is recovered if it is available. Illustrator shows message to the user if any of the above attempts fails to recover the document.

7. 「上弦・下弦」の意味が逆

効果>ワープ>上弦・下弦
    こちらの「上弦・下弦」の意味が逆
    誤訳ではないでしょうか

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

8. Illustrator RulerUnits returns Unknown for 'Feet' and 'Feet and Inches'

Illustrator recently added 'Feet' and 'Feet and Inches' to the available ruler units; however, when a user selects one of these units, the scripting side returns 'RulerUnits.Unknown' for 'activeDocument.RulerUnits'.

For scripting, the corresponding 'RulerUnits.*' value should be added so that developers can respond to the selected units.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.1.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

9. 14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A bug compounded with rotated line gradients, arrows, and appearances

There are some conditions for reproduction.

・ Line with arrow
    ・ Set gradation to line color
    Two or more lines created by the appearance

It is good to change the line width or move by "deformation" to check the change of the overlapped line.

Rotate the object.
    Then click on the eye icon in the appearance panel to show or hide each line. The direction of the gradation of the line not touching should change one after another.

I have confirmed this phenomenon in all versions from CS6 to 2020.
    A similar phenomenon was obtained with the vertical axis reflect.…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.2.3 which is available worldwide now.

11. PDF Export/Save .joboptions not appearing; cannot use PDF/X-4:2010 Standard joboptions

Adobe PDF Export presets (.joboptions) that work in ID, PS do not appear as options in Save As > PDF in AI.

Edit > Adobe PDF Presets... show they are installed. Attempting to Install them manually returns an error: "The preset '[XX.joboptions]' is not recognized as a valid .joboptions file." They cannot be Edited nor Exported from this dialog. (Even though they can be Edited and reimported in other apps.)

Affected presets use PDF/X-4:2010 Standard.

Illustrator requires PDF Export presets specifying Standard PDF/X-4:2007 or lower/None.

Creating new presets within Illustrator and selecting "Standard: PDF/X-4:2010" in the dialog actually creates .joboptions…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

12. Refresh problems in Trim View - Illustrator 24.0

I'm not sure this is exclusive to GPU, but in Trim View sometimes when working with content, it stops refreshing properly and causing anomalies on screen

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

13. Illustrator v24.0 on macOS 10.15.1: rotate-panel has changed to the bad side

The rotate-tool had the numeric angle-input activated till v23. now in v24, this field has to be selected manually, which costs me a lot of time. Please change this back. To me this bad for efficiency.

My workflow before:
    - select path
    - press command-R
    - enter angle
    - press enter
    I can do this blind and very fast.

My workflow now means to manually select the field for entering the rotating angle, which is very annoying ! It takes much more time to do this now.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Colours of Layers defined in documents saved by version 23.1.1 & prior are shifted one colour down the list by Illustrator 24.0

When a document created by or saved via Illustrator 23.1.1 or prior is opened in version 24, some (but not all) the Layers are incorrectly set in the colour immediately below the correct colour in the default Layers colour list.

For example, a Layer that was set in “Brick Red” in a version 23.1.1 or prior document, is automatically changed to be in “Olive” when opened in version 24.0. “Olive” is immediately below “Brick Red” in the default colour list.

This error is consistent across many different Illustrator CC documents - e.g. every document that I tested & that had…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 24.0.1
    Now your files created in 23.1.1 or prior will retain layer color when opened in 24.0.1

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Thanks
    Anish Kumar

15. Stroke with gradient: overprinting attribute not set

When a stroke with a gradient is set to overprinting, the overprinting attribute is not set anymore when reopening the file.

Attached is a screenshot of an example.

We are using CC 2018 and CC 2017, on Mac OS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 on various machines.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

16. Unable to select rotated Guides at high zoom levels

when the zoom-level is 14800% and higher I'm unable to select or move the guides

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

17. Font Filter

Using Adobe Illustrator CC 2018.

I have the filter on for all font classes but when I click the similar fonts icon "No results found" comes up.

First image result in CC 2018. Second image result in CC 2017

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

18. Font point size change

In the new CC 2018 release, when changing font point sizes, the program registers every keystroke entered in the font size field of the character box. For example, if piece of text is set to size 10, and you want to change it to size 15, entering "15" into the character panel changes the font briefly to size 1, until the 5 is entered and then it changes to 15. When undoing this change using command-z, the it requires two keystrokes to return from 15 to 10, because the first undo returns it to size 1, and the second then…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.

Warm Regards,

19. Stroke size goes nuts under 1pt sizes

When drawing a regular line with pen tool and changing the size of the stroke to less than 1pt, it automatically switches to sizes higher than 1pt.
    For example, if I want my stroke to be 0.5 pt, and if I select it in a dropdown menu, it will automatically turn into 5pt stroke and that will also be applied on the line. Same thing when entering the value manually with the keyboard - entering 0.5 will automatically convert into 5 and change the stroke to be thicker instead of making it thinner. This only started happening in the newest…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Warm Regards,

20. Acrobat PDF File Format is having difficulties. Bad parameter.

Having this issue after the 27.3.1 update. Found that it cause by the mask inside the transparency. The error prompt out when we try to save the file.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base