3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Illustrator CC 2019 is very slow and laggy

I'm using a Mac OS 10.13 Intel Core i7 16 GB. Ever since I updated to the CC 2019, illustrator became laggy and slow. The other adobe apps worked fine after the update. I saw here that I should try turning the dictation off but that didn't help.
    Everything in illustrator is slow now. And if I use the blend tool a lot in one document the eyedropper option in the gradient window becomes unavailable. Everything even if it's as simple as moving from one art board to the next or zooming in/out is lagging

140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

281 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Gentle Reminder 2:

Apologies for the inconvenience that has been caused by Illustrator’s performance on your system.

To isolate this issue further, will it be possible for you to join an online session with Illustrator team so that we can nail down this issue further after analysing it on your system.

Please drop an email about your time availability (so that we can share you the session link) at sharewithai@adobe.com

With Best Regards,
    Raghuveer Singh
    Illustrator Team

2. 59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

105 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue .
    We have fixed the bug which was orignally reported but it seems some users are still facing the issue.

We are not able to reproduce this issue in house now ,Kindly provide following info to nail down this issue:

1)Kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com .

2)Please try the below mentioned workaround and let us know if that helps:

If you do not use custom Adobe PDF presets/joboptions or not heard of it then follow the below steps
    1. Navigate to user presets folder
    Win: appdata\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings
    2. Rename the folder to “Settings old” and create a new empty folder “Settings” in the same place
    3. Launch Illustrator and check if you can save the document

If you use custom…

3. Version 24.0.1 becomes unresponsive

I'm using Illustrator 24.0.1 with Windows 10 Pro

Since updating Illustrator keeps becoming entirely unresponsive midway through working with no warning and no way to save or quit.

Sometimes I can move the mouse over menu items, the drop down menu will be completely black and items 'appear' as I hover over them but I cannot click them. Other times I can not even access the menus and it is entirely unresponsive.

Since updating it has happened daily even when working on relatively simple artworks.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Illustrator wont show correct color of png imported

Since I have updated to the newest version I can't seem to upload pngs into Illustrator. They show as if they are negative. I run on a MacBook Pro Mac OS Mojave Version 10.14.1. Illustrator 23.0.1

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Selection tool won't grab lines

Selection tool won't grab and move lines without extreme effort. Simple click and move isn't working in solid and hollow pointers. I have to drag a selection across the line or lasso the line to highlight it but then it still won't let me do a simple click-drag. It's like the line is locked down but nothing is locked. I'm running MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and Illustrator 23.0. I've tried multiple settings of selection tolerance in preferences and it hasn't made any difference. I can move the selected line with cursor keys but can't move it with selection arrows. This didn't…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you all for reporting this issue and providing us your valuable feedback.
    Kindly help Illustrator Team to nail this issue down further:
    1)Kindly provide video ,Test Steps or File via File→Package with which you are still facing this issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

2)Kindy let us know Which version of Illustrator you are using?

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

6. font finder/Missing font box not working

Find Font box not working. Example i am missing fonts and when i open that menu it shows the fonts used in the document but the missing ones just have a loading circle next to it and it never stops.

Also the Missing font box. When i do have the fonts and want to Activate them they will never activate, It just loads for 10mins and stops with out loading the fonts.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can't select or hide layers, AI instantly changes it back

All was fine, until I discovered I can't change layers' visibility or lock them.
    Restart won't help. Please see animation attached and document shown.

I remember I had this bug before but it somehow went away.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Selecting Object Accuracy

The selection accuracy of both the arrow tools and the text tools is not very accurate and hence quite annoying now. Illustrator 2017 didn't have this issue. I can clearly see that I'm clicking on the intended object, but illustrator selects the object next to it. It is as if clicking on the object with a "fat finger". The same thing happens with the text selection tool.

As a technical illustrator, I like to keep the accuracy of selection to a fine level.

To work around this issue I have to zoom in more than expected. I have adjusted the…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need your help in re-creating this issue at our end. If this issue is reproducible at will, please reach out to sharewithai@adobe.com with your convenient time for remote screen sharing. If this happens intermittently, please do screen recording and send us the same. Any other details that help in re-creating this issue will be helpful (files, workspace, plug-ins, preferences, etc.)

-Rama
    Illustrator Team

9. Cursor stuck on hand

The cursor is stuck on the hand tool in all my adobe apps so I cannot use them at all.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need your help in re-creating this issue at our end. If this issue is reproducible at will, please reach out to sharewithai@adobe.com with your convenient time for remote screen sharing. If this happens intermittently, please do screen recording and send us the same. Any other details that help in re-creating this issue will be helpful (files, workspace, plug-ins, preferences, etc.)

-Rama
    Illustrator Team

10. illustrator save as PDF bug - v24.0

i have a problem with the new version of illustrator 2020 (v24):

if i save a file as PDF i am not able to open it or preview it
    - see the test.pdf how all pdf files saved under illustrator v24 looks for me...

System: iMac Pro 2017 - Mojave 10.14.6

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1)Kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue.
    2)Kindly also share the presets(if any)/settings of the “Save Adobe PDF” dialog that are used to save the PDF file.
    Kindly share the above with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

11. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. AI CC2017 open slow, lags, slow response while while working in Windows 10

AI CC2017 open slow, lags, slow response while while working in Windows 10

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue and sorry for the inconvenience caused .
    I would be needing your help in isolating the issue, request you to be co-operative and patient. Please let me know few details-

Version of illustrator you are currently working on
    Your hardware specs
    Is this specific to some file?
    If yes will it be possible for you to share the file with us at sharewithai@adobe.com

Please mention the link to this issue as the subject while mailing us. Ritika from our team will help you on this.

13. Align not working when ALL items in a group are selected

Since updating to CC 2018, align to selection and align to artboard are not working when ALL items in a group are selected.

Align appears to work if ALL BUT ONE item in the group are selected ... but if the final item is selected, it stops working ... nothing happens.

This is not ideal as it means you then have to align the remaining item with the rest of the group manually ... with transform or by eye.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I am not able to reproduce the issue on my side and behavior is similar to Illustrator CC 2017 version. If you think behavior is changed in Illustrator CC 2018 kindly share a small video of Illustrator CC 2017 behavior and Illustrator CC 2018 behavior at sharewithai@adobe.com so I can further investigate it.

Please do mention the link of this thread so we can identify you

14. empty progress dialog

BUG: Hitting save, switching to another application for a bit, and then coming back to Illustrator leaves a non-dismissable, persistent blank "Progress" dialog floating behind Illustrator's windows. These empty dialogs often stack up, and only ever go away by quitting the application.

Expected: whatever dialog this is supposed to be clears itself up, cleans itself up, and puts itself away.

Mac Powerbook touchbar
    MacOS Mojave 10.14.3
    Illustrator 23.0.2

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reporting the issue. We have tried the scenario and failed to reproduce it,it would be helpful if you could provide some more information-

Is this happening on win 7 only?

Have you tried cleaning the preferences and re launching the application?Does that solve the issue.

Have you encountered this issue with the latest Illustrator build?

Thanks
    Anish Kumar

15. With multiple projects open, can only view one tab

In new AI2019, if I have multiple tabs open, only the tab originally opened is usable unless I open the other tabs in a new window.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Joel,

Thanks for reporting the issue. I tried reproducing this on my computer but couldn’t reach to your conclusion. Can you please share the steps and a screen shot if possible with us. Is this happening every time or in some specific scenario. Also please let me know on which OS are you working.

16. Selection Tool - not showing box when shape is selected?

When I am using the Selection Tool, it doesn't show the box it did before round the selected shape. So I can't alter the shape.

It seems to be filled in green corners exactly like the direct selection tool.

I have closed Illustrator and opened it again.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you please check if the option to show bounding box is ON on your system?
    In Illustrator open view menu and look for option “Show Bounding box” or “Hide Bounding Box”. If it says “Show Bounding box”, Select the option and check your workflow.

Hope this solves your problem.

17. can't paste object. the requested transformation....

the image is 5 inches, and I'm pasting into a several page 8.5 x 11 document.... really can't tell you how much time I'm wasting, and I'm very irratated.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Working really slow

I am working on AMD Threadripper 1950x with 16cores and 32gb DDR4 ram...
    Illustrator still working really slow and laggy.
    When I make a multiple select some objects and deselecting, its stuck on that process. Sometimes, filling all objects with single colors after deselecting. really terrible... Even I close GPU accelerator it doesn't help

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. We are not able to reproduce this issue at our end and need your help.
    1. Is it happening in all files or only complex files? Would it be possible for you to share the file in which you are facing this issue?
    2. Can you please share the video of the problem?
    3. On which version of Illustrator and OS are you working?

Please share the details on sharewithai@adobe.com

19. window resize

after a doc is open and the window has been open to the largest size. clicking the bottom right corner to resize the doc window feels like it is snapping to the bottom or to increments of a set size. HOW do we turn this off to resize the document window to any free flowing size ?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Illustrator 2019 - anchors are now invisible unless selected?

I installed the newest AI update (v23) and started testing some of the new features when I noticed that the anchor points that I rely on for my work have vanished. I've attached screen snips to show the difference between AI 2018 and 2019.

That little magenta X shows up in earlier versions but now it's invisible. It's still present and can be selected if I know where it is but that defeats the purpose, in my opinion. There must be some way to turn these back on, right?

I've tried toggling many settings in the menu and the closest…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  24 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base