Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 76 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

155 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue .
    We have fixed the bug which was orignally reported but it seems some users are still facing the issue.

We are not able to reproduce this issue in house now ,Kindly provide following info to nail down this issue:

1)Kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com .

2)Please try the below mentioned workaround and let us know if that helps:

If you do not use custom Adobe PDF presets/joboptions or not heard of it then follow the below steps
    1. Navigate to user presets folder
    Win: appdata\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings
    Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PDF/Settings
    2. Rename the folder to “Settings old” and create a new empty folder “Settings” in the same place
    3. Launch Illustrator and check if you can save the document

If you use custom…

2. Pasted/Embedded Images are disappearing

1. 22.0.1 on MacOS 10.13.3
    2. Illustrator closes either through my action or an unexpected crash
    3. I expect all of the embedded files I've been working with to display on the canvas
    4. A handful of the images will appear, but almost everything that has been linked (then embedded) or pasted into the file only appears as an empty bounding box. The images will only reappear if I use the link panel to hunt for each file and place it again. 40 minutes into this, I don't even know if I'll be able to fix all of the images that I pasted into…
    36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down.

When this issue occur please share the AID file with us without closing illustrator.
    1) If you are using Adobe Illustrator 2020 , Could you kindly share you AID file with us in a zip file. You would be able to find the AID file in preferences folder in the below location:

MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings// DataRecovery/ (Kindly press Command + Shift + G and write ~/Library and ok and then go to preferences )
    Win: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings\ \x64\DataRecovery\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

3. Swatch Options Set to HSB but Shows RGB

When I double-click a swatch colour that was made in HSB mode the Swatch Options window pops up with HSB selected as the mode but displays sliders for RGB. Switching the mode to something else and back to HSB fixes the issue.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue.
    Unfortunately we are unable to reproduce this issue inhouse.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:

1) If yes, kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package), OS version of your machine & steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.

Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal

4. Keyboard commands for zoom and hand tool don't work.

Illustrator CC 2018 running on High Sierra. The keyboard command for the zoom and hand tools doesn't always work. Quitting and restarting the application does't resolve the issue. I have to restart my machine to restore functionality. It's seems to be be an entirely random issue.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi ,

Thanks for reporting the issue . Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down :

1. Machine details which can be found by :
    MAC : Choose Apple menu  > About This Mac.

WIN : Go to settings and Click on System and Click on About . In Windows Specifications , machine details can be found .

2. Version of Illustrator .

3.Kindly rename your Preferences folder placed in below location and share this folder with us .
    MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator Settings//
    WIN: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator Settings\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator team

5. Poor quality images from Export for Screens

Mac OS 10.13.5, Illustrator 22.1

Images from artboards containing embedded raster files output using Export for Screens are of decidedly lower quality than those output from Save for Web. Please see the attached image for a side-by-side comparison. Save for Web is on the left, Explort for Screens on the right. Top images are actual size, bottom enlarged for emphasis. Notice the jaggies in the raster images.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue and getting back to you this late.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    1) Is this Issue still happening on your machine in the Latest version 23.0.3 ?
    2) If yes,Kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at
    ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.

Thanks and Regards

6. Saving always creates a .tmp file, can't see preview of the file and cannot import AI file to After Effects

as title says, my Illustrator 2020 (24.0.1) always creates a .tmp file whenever i save. I cant see a preview of the file when viewed on Finder. Lastly, I can't import the files i created using AI 2020 to After Effects - it only shows a blank artboard.

Files are saved with Create PDF compatible File ticked.

I have also tried resetting the Adobe PDF joboption settings.

So right now I have 2 AI's installed just so i can continue working with my files.

macOS High Sierra
    version 10.13.6

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    We are able to reproduce this issue for one scenario(Double Byte Characters in Folder Name) and investigating it further.

Workaround:
    1)Open preferences→ File Handling & clipboard → Uncheck Background Save and click ok then try to save File.

Please share Video or steps of any other scenario if you are able to reproduce this consistently at sharewithai@adobe.com with UV title with Tag [UserVoice] in subject of Email.

Regards
    Ankit Goyal

7. delete anchor point tool selecting bottom object

When two anchors of different objects are layered on top of one another, the delete anchor point tool will always select the bottom object, whether I have the top object selected or not. The add anchor point tool and direct selection will select the top object, but I want to be able to delete the anchor from the top object without having to go into isolation mode. This wasn't the case in the previous version.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi ,
    Thanks for reporting this issue, Illustrator team really appreciate this.
    Unfortunately we are unable to reproduce this issue in house, Kindly help Illustrator Team to nail this issue down further:
    Kindly provide us with below information .
    Mac:-
    1. /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings
    2. /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe
    Windows :-
    1. C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings
    2. C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator.
    Copy the folders present at above location and mail them to us at sharewithai@adobe.com
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we might need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.
    If yes, then please do let us know (sharewithai@adobe.com) about your available time so that I can schedule a remote screen sharing session accordingly.
    Our time zone is IST (+5:30 GMT).We are available between 8.00 am to 8.00 pm IST.

Thanks & Regards,
    Adobe…

8. An unknown error occurred when saving AI file

Since updating to 24.2 on our Macs people are intermittently getting "An unknown error occurred" when trying to save an AI file. We have found in those cases outlining all the fonts will let us save. We are using the latest version of Universal Type Client for our font management.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Thanks for reporting this issue, Illustrator Team really appreciate this.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house. We need your help in getting this issue reproducible.
    Kindly provide some video and Test file(Via File→Package) with some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us in a zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.
    Please Also let us know if you have been using any 3rd Party plugin while facing this problem.

Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we might need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.
    If yes, then please do let me know about your available time so that I can schedule a connect session accordingly.
    Our time zone is IST (+5:30 GMT).We are available…

9. paste in place

So I'm having problems with the Paste in Place command, sometimes it works great when I Copy or Cut something and paste it on other artboards but most of the times it is not working properly, either what I copied o cut get outside the drawing area or it goes to a random place, and at first I thought I wasn't selecting the artboard but even with the artboard selected it falls anywhere. I'm running Illustrator CC 2019, on windows 10.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Thank you for reporting this issue. Illustrator Team really appreciate this.

Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further?
    1) Is this Issue still happening on your machine in the latest version 25.2.1 ?
    2) If yes, kindly provide some video, Test file(Via File→Package), OS version of your machine & some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal

10. Offset Path Won't Work

I am using Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 and can't get negative offset path values to work. I am trying to create an offset path in the negatives in text that I have created outlines on. When I do positive numbers, the offset path gets bigger (as it should) When I do negative offset values, the object is duplicated but at the exact same size. I have tried using the offset path tool from both the 'object' and 'effect' tabs and neither is giving me results. I have also tried negative values ranging from -1 to -16,000... there is no change.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

Can you please provide a screenshot or step-by-step details of what you are trying to do. I ask because it’s working fine for me (see attached screenshot; it’s quite possible that I misinterpreted what you are trying to achieve). Could it be that the negative offset you are applying is greater than the size of the object. In that case, it won’t work. Otherwise it should.

11. font finder/Missing font box keeps loading and unable to activate missing fonts

Find Font box not working. Example i am missing fonts and when i open that menu it shows the fonts used in the document but the missing ones just have a loading circle next to it and it never stops.

Also the Missing font box. When i do have the fonts and want to Activate them they will never activate, It just loads for 10mins and stops with out loading the fonts.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need More Info  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Hi All,

We are not able to reproduce this issue at our end. Can you please let us know if you are still facing this issue? Also, is the Creative Cloud running fine on your machine when this issue happens?

Thanks
    Anish

12. preferences reset to default...EVERY time I open Illustrator

Every time I open Illustrator, all preferences are reset to the defaults. EVERY preference, EVERY time. I've saved custom workspaces, keyboard shortcuts, etc. and those are available to be activated, every time I open the application.
    Using AI CC 2018 (22.0.1) on Windows 7, with Cloud disabled.
    I do NOT have the option to install the latest patch; I don't even have access to menu item "Check for Updates."
    Would be EXTREMELY helpful if Adobe would make the list of fixes for each patch available. I have no way of knowing when there's been an update, or what was patched…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi ,

Unfortunately we are unable to reproduce this issue in house, Kindly help Illustrator Team to nail this issue down further:

Kindly provide the exact preferences you are using and the data from below mentioned location .

Mac:- /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 2X Settings
    Win:-C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2X Settings

Share the above information with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

13. Can't select or hide layers, AI instantly changes it back

All was fine, until I discovered I can't change layers' visibility or lock them.
    Restart won't help. Please see animation attached and document shown.

I remember I had this bug before but it somehow went away.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

I am not able to reproduce this issue at my end. Would it be possible for you to share the file with me if it is happening in some file consistently? you can share it on sharewithai@adobe.com and tag me in the mail

Thanks
    Anish

14. Save/Save As doesn't work in Action

1. Make a new document
    2. Record a new Action for Save (CMD+S) and Save As (Shift+CMD+S), stop Action
    3. Do something in the document - Draw the rectangle for example
    4. Play Save/Save As Action
    5. Close the document (Attention!!! No warning about Save Changes!!!)
    6. Open the document

Result: Opened document doesn't contain the rectangle.
    That means nothing happened with this document while Play Actions

Illustrator ver. 24.0.2
    It is the critical issue and my suggestion to downgrade Illustrator to 24.0.1, if you use "Save/Save as" and "Close" commands in Actions in your work

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue at our end.

Please help by providing the below information:
    1) Is it reproducible on the latest illustrator version 25.4.1?
    2) Kindly share some video, Action recorded script (.aia), the Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing the issue and share with us at
    ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.

Thanks and Regards
    Rohit Jain
    Illustrator Team

15. Cursor stuck on hand

The cursor is stuck on the hand tool in all my adobe apps so I cannot use them at all.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We need your help in re-creating this issue at our end. If this issue is reproducible at will, please reach out to sharewithai@adobe.com with your convenient time for remote screen sharing. If this happens intermittently, please do screen recording and send us the same. Any other details that help in re-creating this issue will be helpful (files, workspace, plug-ins, preferences, etc.)

-Rama
    Illustrator Team

16. Selection Tool - not showing box when shape is selected?

When I am using the Selection Tool, it doesn't show the box it did before round the selected shape. So I can't alter the shape.

It seems to be filled in green corners exactly like the direct selection tool.

I have closed Illustrator and opened it again.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you please check if the option to show bounding box is ON on your system?
    In Illustrator open view menu and look for option “Show Bounding box” or “Hide Bounding Box”. If it says “Show Bounding box”, Select the option and check your workflow.

Hope this solves your problem.

17. AI CC2017 open slow, lags, slow response while while working in Windows 10

AI CC2017 open slow, lags, slow response while while working in Windows 10

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue and sorry for the inconvenience caused .
    I would be needing your help in isolating the issue, request you to be co-operative and patient. Please let me know few details-

Version of illustrator you are currently working on
    Your hardware specs
    Is this specific to some file?
    If yes will it be possible for you to share the file with us at sharewithai@adobe.com

Please mention the link to this issue as the subject while mailing us. Ritika from our team will help you on this.

18. can't paste object. the requested transformation....

the image is 5 inches, and I'm pasting into a several page 8.5 x 11 document.... really can't tell you how much time I'm wasting, and I'm very irratated.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I am not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Are you still able to reproduce this consistently on latest version of Illustrator?

If yes please share a small video of the same at sharewithai@adobe.com so I can further investigate it.

Please do mention the link of this thread so we can identify you. Govind from our team will help you on this.

19. Transform Tool

Entering a number in X then hitting tab to Y and typing in the number is jogging to another number and not applying the number I typed. I have to wait a couple seconds then type in the number for Y. This worked fine two versions ago.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi
    Thanks for reporting the issue, Illustrator team really appreciates this.

Unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down :
    1.Kindly please provide us your preferences settings
    2. Steps to collect Preference Settings
    For Win: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings
    Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings
    3. Copy the Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings and share with us in a zip file on ShareWithAI@adobe.com .

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

20. Black Boxes appear and Unable to zoom past 1600% when GPU performance is turned off in Illustrator 25.3.1

Well, I updated illustrator today and have major viewing issues.

Black Boxes appear when selecting outlined text with the direct selection tool, when moving a shape, and in the upper left corner when viewing artboard. Everything disappears when zooming in more than 2400% in Preview mode and has a pixelated outline.

MacOS Catalina version 10.15.6

Adobe Illustrator v25.3.1

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Unfortunately we are unable to reproduce this issue in house.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    1)Kindly provide small video describing the issue , Test file(Via File → Package) & Steps with which you are able to reproduce this issue and share with us at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base