What can we fix in Illustrator? Vote for or report a bug.

Image Not Visible/Blank When Placing EPS Files into new file

I use a program called Separation Studio to separate raster images into spot colors. I then open up a new Illustrator file, click file -> place -> select the eps file created from Separation Studio, and the image that is placed is blank. This was not an issue with any versions of Illustrator. In previous versions, you were able to see the image that was placed and even change/alter the spot colors that were brought in. In this new version, CC18, the spot colors come in with the image when it's placed, but even if you change the spot color, nothing changes about the image, it is just blank. This is a crucial part of our business and I need help quickly, if possible. I am reinstalling CC17 in the meantime to get by.

50 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Adam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
Adobe. Make It an Experience.

63 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jotham, Thanks for the video. I followed your instructions to get the image to appear. Now I'm getting a secondary issue though. When I "print" the file to rip software, the ripped file is still blank.

• Jotham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah looks like they changed something with the GPU performance engine again. In the meantime go to edit - preferences - file handling & clipboard and check use low resolution proxy for linked eps. This will allow you to at least see something although it will look low res. Note you may need to move the artwork around for it to update the preview. Spots will still show up in the swatches like usual and it appears to still print properly so you're good there. It's just a GPU preview issue, so I'm sure Nvidia will be addressing this one real soon.

1 2 4 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base