What can we fix in Illustrator? Vote for or report a bug.

Align to Artboard

All version of Illustrator before CC 2018 the Align to.. command would stick to Align to Artboard unless you clicked on another object to define a Key Object.

This upgrade keeps jumping back to align selections.

132 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mark Barron shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
Adobe. Make It an Experience.

87 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Christopher T. Calhoun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Downloading separate builds for certain artists..." I'll be very hesitant to ever install a Beta again, because my settings are not restored whenever something get's messed up.

• Christopher T. Calhoun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Align to Artboard" should be globally persistent and default."Align to Artboard" should be globally persistent and default."Align to Artboard" should be globally persistent and default."Align to Artboard" should be globally persistent and default."Align to Artboard" should be globally persistent and default."Align to Artboard" should be globally persistent and default."Align to Artboard" should be globally persistent and default."Align to Artboard" should be globally persistent and default."Align to Artboard" should be globally persistent and default."Align to Artboard" should be globally persistent and default."Align to Artboard" should be globally persistent and default.

• Andy H. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After updating to illustrator cc 2018 I have notice a bug that has been driving crazy. the "ALIGN TO:" button option switches to your current selected mode to another.
    When I have "ALIGN TO ARTWORK" selected, every time I open or click on the "ARTBOARD" option, it will switch to "SELECTION" and lock. When I click done and return the option doesn't return to my correct option of "ALIGN TO ARTWORK"

• Andy H. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After updating to illustrator cc 2018 I have notice a bug that has been driving crazy. the "ALIGN TO:" button option switches to your current selected mode to another.
    When I have "ALIGN TO ARTWORK" selected, every time I open or click on the "ARTBOARD" option, it will switch to "SELECTION" and lock. When I click done and return the option doesn't return to my correct option of "ALIGN TO ARTWORK"

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will this be fixed in the General Release? Downloading separate builds for certain artists is going to create a nightmare of versions floating around our company.

• Kaspars commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fix works for me. When entering "Edit artboards" menu, the icon indeed changes to "Align to selection" but it is grayed out. And after exiting "Edit artboards" menu, everything is back to normal "Align to artboard". So thank you very much indeed! :)

• Shane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finally! This fix seems to be working completely for me. I hope the same for the rest of you.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was hoping this would fix the other artboard align issue. When you copy/drag an item to a new artboard and try to center align it on that artboard, it still references the OLD artboard and just center aligns it on top of the original.

• Love Adeola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that this as been fixed, please fix the bugs with the Character panel too. And GPU performance issues with Nvidia. I'm still frustrated on those.

• Very Unsatisfied Premium Paying Customer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aren't you guys ashamed of this? Remember when you used to sell a complete product?

Is the pressure off now that you can just fix it in the next years CC release and break something else in the process? Why do I need to have 10 **** versions of illustrator installed, constantly switching between the ones with bugs that effect me just to do my job?!

• Frank Richmonds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

According to the "About Illustrator->credits" , we have to write your complains to Adobe in Hindi. Hope it will help.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a deal breaker. Got to be fixed or I have to rollback, in which case, where is the value proposition in CC?

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix!!! I use Illustrator nearly every day for the past 6 years and have used the 'Align to Section' feature only a handful of times. I use the 'Align to Artboard' feature every single day.

• Santa Claus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All I want for Christmas is my Align to Artboard default fixed, If I don't get all my presents delivered to all the good little boys and girls this Christmas because I have to keep switching back, I swear by all that is Holy I will deliver only COAL to all the coders at Adobe. Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night.
    -SC

• Ivy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Adobe. You are charging us now a lot more and you cannot fix a simple align tool for over a month.

Feedback and Knowledge Base