Dashed Line not working
Using Illustrator CC 2020 V. 24.0.3 on MacOS Mojave 10.14
The dashed line effect cannot be applied. As soon as I make use of the gap field, I can see a preview but then when I click anywhere the effect just disappears. And when I try to create outlines it just turns into a normal non-dashed line.
I tried the same at my end but not able to reproduce the same. Can you please provide some more info regarding this issue:
1. Are you facing this problem with some specific content or all the path types?
2. Are you applying stroke properties from stroke panel or control panel?
3. Will it be possible for you to share the test file?
Andrés Duarte commented
Having exactly the same issue with V. 24.1.2 on Windows 10.
I have the same issue. Whether entering numeric values for the first gap or using the mouse wheel, the dashes show until I hit return or exit the value box, then the gap value disappears.
It would be really helpful if you can send a new and an old file with dashed lines in it. Please share the same on my id email@example.com
1. I've tried different path types and even created new blank documents and recreated it, same problem.
2. Both, still same problem.
3. There's no one specific file where this occurs, it's happening with every new document I created since the last update.
I did notice however when I open older files (that I've created before the update and that feature dashed lines) it's working properly. I can even create new dashed lines normally, but only within documents that have been created with the older illustrator version. Would it help if I send you a new and an old file with dashed lines in it?