Current bugs that are making it nearly impossible to get work done
As I type this, I'm reinstalling AI for the second time this month. This time without saved prefs. Please, Adobe, make this storied and remarkable piece of software STABLE before you talk about giving us new features. I don't want a new icon, I want not to have to explain to my boss that I didn't get anything done this morning because my industry-standard software didn't work.
AI 24.2 (June 2020)
MacBook Pro 16"
2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
1 TB internal SSD, with 2 external SSD scratch disks
- Crashes CONSTANTLY. Connect or disconnect a display: crash. Wake computer from sleep: crash. Check email in a different app: crash. Literally, walk away from my desk or use another app for a while: crash. This has been happening since March. I've sent so many reports, complete with what I was doing "to trigger the problem."
- Intermittently doesn't update files hosted in the library/cloud.
- When a filename in that library is selected, you start typing a new name and it starts selecting tools with keyboard shortcuts.
- When making a change to width or height, proportions are locked even if the lock proportions button is unselected.
- Align buttons randomly throw the non-key object hundreds of pixels out of place when you're trying to align to center. This one has been going on for years.
- New real-time drawing intermittently doesn't work, even on a new document, with only a single vector rectangle and one short sentence of text.
- Can't resize certain panel group widths (this started today).
- Regularly resets Snap to Pixel, after I've turned it off.
- Export for Screens constantly forgets where you last saved a file. Intermittently does this immediately after setting the output location, effectively ignoring my input.
- Export for Screens adds a suffix to file names, even if you removed said suffix.