Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

724 results found

1. Spacebar not working as quick Pan / Hand tool

Spacebar has stopped working as hand tool as of 2018 update.

397 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

499 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Increase size of anchor points / handles

Anchor points and handles are hard to grab.
    On denser displays the problem is amplified.
    Hard to grab using stylus.

161 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

3. Click-drag fails... snaps back

Click-drag, click-opt (copy) drag, click-shift (constrained) drag fails... snaps back.

Click on object to drag it either with or without option and/or shift and sometimes it will fail and snap back to its original position.

Mac mini M1
    MacOS 12.2.1 Monterey
    Apple Magic Mouse (no Wacom or other third party drivers)

Same behavior on two identical machines.

Works fine with v26.0.3.

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  124 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The bounding box for lines and narrow objects doesn’t have center handles

Missing the center handles for all lines, unable to extend lines properly (without scaling them) unless I switch to direct selection tool, which is a pain.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

113 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So it’s obviously not fixed, and we all know it.

While the cursor gets changes into the horizontal/vertical two-headed arrow, the center handles for the bounding box indeed don’t appear, if the width/height of the art (here just an orthogonal line) is small enough.

Please continue to share you thought, screenshots, GIFs. It’s time to re-review this again.

5. Constrain (shift key) doesn't work with Smart Guides turned on

When smart guides are on none of the constrain features (holding down shift) work properly, whether it's rotating, reflecting, etc. It just sort of jumps back to one position, often the original position, and won't move. The little magenta text that lets you know the angle etc. also goes a little crazy and looks like it's trying to display a few different words on top of each other.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

6. Direct Selection tool does not work on text anchors....

For some reason I can no longer select text by anchor using the direct selection tool. If I use the Regular selection tool it acts as it did before the update but the direct selection tool does not.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

7. Objects rotating when trying to transform or move

When manipulating shapes, the cursor will try and rotate the object. I will try and grab a handle to transform the shape and the object rotates. I have to zoom into the object in order to stop it from rotating despite the cursor showing the correct tool. For example if I want to make a simple box longer, I'll put my cursor over the middle handle on the left side of the box. My cursor will change from an arrow to the one with arrows facing away from each other. The moment I press my mouse the object will immediately…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Annoying Flickering Cursor when Photoshop is open

This is still an issue with the latest releases of Illustrator and Photoshop. We shouldn't have to close Photoshop to have the behavior disappear. See my screen capture today attached or on Box.com: https://nic.box.com/s/hemehrwzo9fm0ye3evst9ma41x908ipp

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Smart Guides not working

I have smart Guides enabled and Snap to Point enabled. Neither are working. Frustrating.

Ai CC 22.0.1

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Zoom with Alt+wheel is way too sensitive in new v27.3 to the point of being unusable

This has just started with the new update to v27.3 using the Alt and the scroll wheel now causes intermittent massive jumps in zoom. Updated all my Logitech software. Running latest everything so reverting to 27.2 as this makes Illustrator unusable. How on earth did this get through any sort of testing?

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Blob Brush leaves temporary marks

When I'm moving around the cursor, without pressing any buttons, and have the Blob Brush tool selected I get these marks. They disappear if I switch to the selection tool.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.

Warm Regards,

12. Rotate tool Alt click and Wacom tablet

Hey :)
    I use illustrator CC 2017.

I use my Wacom intuos for almost everything since it is easier and I am comfortable to it than using mouse.

I use Rotate tool to copy objects in circle with a center point.( Select Rotate tool, Hold Alt and click to choose the center of the object) .

When I use wacom tablet to achieve this, the Center point keeps floating with the mouse pointer. I have to use my mouse to click to set a center point.
    I have used it in multiple computers and with other wacom devices too. I…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Cursor stuck on hand

The cursor is stuck on the hand tool in all my adobe apps so I cannot use them at all.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We need your help in re-creating this issue at our end. If this issue is reproducible at will, please reach out to sharewithai@adobe.com with your convenient time for remote screen sharing. If this happens intermittently, please do screen recording and send us the same. Any other details that help in re-creating this issue will be helpful (files, workspace, plug-ins, preferences, etc.)

-Rama
    Illustrator Team

14. Selection tool won't grab lines

Selection tool won't grab and move lines without extreme effort. Simple click and move isn't working in solid and hollow pointers. I have to drag a selection across the line or lasso the line to highlight it but then it still won't let me do a simple click-drag. It's like the line is locked down but nothing is locked. I'm running MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and Illustrator 23.0. I've tried multiple settings of selection tolerance in preferences and it hasn't made any difference. I can move the selected line with cursor keys but can't move it with selection arrows. This didn't…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Brush Pressure exceeds set size/variation

When drawing with the brush in CC 2018, the brush size of the stroke can exceed the set size and variation. For instance, If I have a brush size of 3 and variation 3, when drawing pressing very hard, the stroke size will go above 3 pts. in CC 2017 the brush stroke was limited to brush size.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Locked background objects unlocking/moving when using lasso selection tool

When I select using the LASSO tool, on screen shows the correct points have been selected, but when I then try to move just these selected points, Illustrator also moves the LOCKED background objects underneath. This error does not happen when I select using other tools. This is clearly a bug!

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.1.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

17. Cursor won’t change when a tool is picked using keyboard shortcuts

Selected tool icons do not change when using keyboard shortcuts. For example: zooming in (Z) and then selecting Direct Selection (A) keeps the zoom icon, which is disconcerting to say the least. You're not sure you've selected the correct tool, or have to click the mouse to make sure (doing so resets the icon to the correct tool).

I've noticed it on 26.5. I rolled-back to 26.4.1 and experienced it there too. I'm running a new MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021), Apple M1 Max chip 32 GB.

I've attached screenshots of various tools that fail to switch.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Keyboard commands for zoom and hand tool don't work.

Illustrator CC 2018 running on High Sierra. The keyboard command for the zoom and hand tools doesn't always work. Quitting and restarting the application does't resolve the issue. I have to restart my machine to restore functionality. It's seems to be be an entirely random issue.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi ,

Thanks for reporting the issue . Unfortunately we are not able to reproduce this issue. Could you kindly provide the following information to help us nail this down :

1. Machine details which can be found by :
    MAC : Choose Apple menu  > About This Mac.

WIN : Go to settings and Click on System and Click on About . In Windows Specifications , machine details can be found .

2. Version of Illustrator .

3.Kindly rename your Preferences folder placed in below location and share this folder with us .
    MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator Settings//
    WIN: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator Settings\

Kindly share the above with us in a Zip file at sharewithai@adobe.com. Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator team

19. Adding extra points and distorting paths after using Eraser and Scissor Tools

When I use the eraser and scissor tools Illustrator decides to add points to my existing shape. In the image I have attached all lines should be straight or have a slight curve on the corners. I did not add those points and didn't even know they were there until I zoomed out. I just updated Illustrator to its current version. If someone else is having a similar issue or know how to fix it please let me know.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Corner Anchor Points become Smooth in 24.1

Draw a straight line.
    Add Anchor points twice
    Use the Delete Anchor Point Tool to removwe the middle one.
    The adjoining Anchor point become smooth instead of staying Corner (as in previous versions).
    See also: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/anchor-point-glitch-during-removing-unnecessary-anchor-points-adobe-illustrator-24-1/m-p/10936870?page=1

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.2 which is available worldwide now.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base