• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: pdf with CMYK JPEG is inverted when opened in Illustrator

Tested on Mac OS 10.14.6 with Adobe Illustrator 23.0.4

METHOD
    open a PDF that contains a CMYK JPEG image in Illustrator
    (This PDF was created by converting a CMYK JPEG file to PDF in Acrobat DC Pro 2019)

RESULT
    image is shown inverted in illustrator (same issue opened in Photoshop as "image").
    Opening in Photoshop as "page" it looks ok, but this cannot be selected in Illustrator.

PDF and original JPEG are attached.

EXPECTED
    visually the same as input file, no inverted image

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. eyedropper tool doens't pick up properties

The eyedropper tool used to be able to pick up properties from one vector to another. for example when there is a vector shape with a border and a gradient and what to copy the same properties (same border and gradient) on to a different vector shape. Tried using shift, or double clicking on the eyedropper tool to look at the eyedropper options.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Global colours don't seem to be preserved in freeform gradients

I have complex files that are made up of multiple gradients to create a 3D effect. Some of the gradients are linear and some are freeform. I am currently in the process of creating artwork files for both print and digital. To create the digital files I am converting all the files to RGB. There is a specific brand colour that has a different RGB make up than the standard conversion. I thought, no problem, I'll just update the global colour swatch and it should cascade through. But it doesn't! It does on the linear gradients, but not on the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. can not operate the slider of the gradation panel

I use google translation

1. Max OS Mojave 10.14.4, Illustrator CC 2019 23.0.2

2. Select a gradient from the tool panel

3. I want to operate the gradation slider

4. I have a problem with the graphic panel and I can not click the slider. The bug disappears when dragging out of the panel group by dragging the gradient panel, but returning it to the panel group and selecting the gradient again from the tool panel causes the problem again.

The same phenomenon as the attached image occurs. The opacity and position boxes overlap the gradient box, and the gradient slider can not be…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Opacity mask not working with freeform gradients

I am trying to make an opacity map with a freeform gradient. It previews correctly but as soon as i try to leave the dialog box it goes completely white. Doing exacly the same thing with the same objects but with a regular gradient instead works just fine.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. color mix

Using Adobe Illustrator 23.0.1 CC 2019. My CMYK color 100-85-0-0 changes to 99.17-83.58-1.74-0.02. My document color mode is set to CMYK. How do I keep original l color mix?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adjustments in gradient slider not applying to grouped objects

When adjusting the gradient slider for a group of objects, only some of the objects are affected by the slider. The rest of the objects don't change. Applies to both linear and radial gradients, but problem more frequent for radial.
    (In screenshot, the lower-right corner shows how some of the objects follow the gradient slider adjustment, but the rest of the objects in the group don't change. Using macOS High Sierra and Illustrator CC v23.0.1.)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Freeform gradient lighter at edges

Windows 10 running Illustrator 23.0.1.

Created 2 colour swatches - light blue and dark blue.
    Applied a freeform gradient using the 2 swatch colours.
    Created a solid fill object underneath with the light blue swatch.
    The freeform gradient's light blue doesn't match the solid light blue; the gradient is lighter.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mad Color (Colour)

Colours are altered opening older files. The colour (color) settings are completely wrong—the idropper doesn't select properly. I tried to do a screen grab to get a sample from it but all the colours fade. The screen grab brought into illustrator then screen grabbed again fades all the colours again!!!! This doesn't happen if I screen grab anywhere else.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Color not applying correctly on selected objects rvsd

I guess one cannot revise/edit one's own report. So here goes. I select an object and try to change the color of the stroke and fill by typing in the hex (?) code, e.g., 050505, and the color does not take. I have to move the circle in the select color box for the color to take and even then it is 50/50 as to whether the color holds. I have never had this problem before and it sure is frustrating now!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Graduated tints apply to unselected objects

Graduated tints apply to unselected objects when I change the colour on the slider. Its really impeding my workflow - in fact its not possible to work with. If I'm working on a large scene, suddenly all of the grads are messed up.

I'm working on a late 2015 iMac running Mojave

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Gradients Swatch Box Snaps Back

When expanding the box to see your gradient fill it immediately snaps back to the letterbox default. I cannot gauge the color gradients very well without enlarging the viewable gradient area.
    Its a bug that needs fixing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hold Shift Key to Bring Up Alternative Color UI not working properly

Hold Shift Key to Bring Up Alternative Color UI not working properly keeps collapsing when I need to change the first %. Please fix

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Color Mixer Bugs + Feature Request

I use the color mixer (color wheel) daily. I have come across an annoying bug, as well as a couple features missing:

Bug: Some base colors will be automatically 'locked' in the color mixer, indicated by a '-'. For example, let's say I'm trying to turn white into red.
    - First, white needs to be unlocked. By clicking the '-', it will become an arrow '->', and the swatch should be toggle-able now.
    - The first time you toggle the white, it selects, sliders can be moved to make it red, but it doesn't stay adjusted; it reverts back to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adobe Color CC "Adobe Servers not available" [Bug]

Unfortunately I can't open the expore-rider of adobe color cc when signed in.
    Everything works perfectly, when I'm visiting the webpage https://color.adobe.com as a guest. But when I sign in, which is required to perform any actions, the above mentioned error occures.
    The "Create" and the "My Themes" riders work still perfectly when signed in.
    I've tried it under Edge/Chrome and Firefox. Besides Firefox none of the browsers has Addons installed. I'm running a Windows 10 Machine.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi ,

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience.
    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

17. CMYK values changes

On opening existing file and embedded profile mismatch, selecting "Convert doument's colors to the working space". will change K=100% to black defined in all CMYK values.
    However opening the file keeping embeeded profile and hereafter assign the profile keeps the values intact

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Color cracking after update..

1. version 22.0.1

2. (After update new version) when I move object or screen(use Hand tool), colors are cracking like attached files...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Borders_Dashed Treatment Changes Spot Color to Process

I draw a box, stroke it with a spot color, apply a "borders_dashed" treatment. The Spot color becomes process. Please fix.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Touch Bar Color Controls are Broken

Touch bar controls do not change the color of objects when using sliders, and swatches save to touch bar but not to actual swatches panel. Cannot delete swatches from Touch Bar.

MacBook Pro Late 2016 + Latest MacOS

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base