2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Gradient stroke cannot be cut and pasted.

Reproduction:

1. Draw a path with a gradient stroke and no fill.

2. Select and cut or copy the path.

3. Paste. Normally, In Front, Behind, or In Place.

4. The expected result is, of course, a new copy of this gradient-stroked path.

5. Actual results range from a copy of the path with the stroke expanded, an image that was cut and paste sometime last week, or an error popup that says "This operation cannot complete because of an unknown error [PDF!]"

Seen on OSX 10.14.6 with AI 24.1 and AI 24.1.2.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. color

My colors in Illustrator are still displaying wrong.

There is a discussion about it here, that claims the bug has been fixed, but it has not.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-illustrator-colors-displaying-wrong/m-p/10987079?page=1#M179316

I am up-to-date in my version 24.1. I changed my Thunderbolt display colors back to factory settings in hopes of that being the issue, but it did nothing.

Please fix this bug. I am in the middle of making a postcard and it looks awful. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. After updateing to Adobe Illustrator 2020 the program chrashes after some hours running.

I am working on a PC with the Adobe illustartor 2020 (24.0.1)
    The program keeps chrashing now and then. I have not yet seen a a pattern but the last time it happened I was changing colour of an outlined pattern.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Illustrator is changing my colors

I'm working on Interl(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU, Windows 10 Family. Latest version of Illustrator.

I put the right colors on my Artwork on illustrator but as soon as I save it and reopen it, the colors changed. It stays in a dark green but it's never exactly the one I put in the first place.

Example: I put #336633, save it. When I reopen it, it has changed in #006633 or 336733 ot 316738 or 356633 or even 40683c or 789c4a

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Align Stroke on live text not working

I have written out some text and trying to align the stroke to the outside or inside and this isn't working, I have tried this on two different Windows computers.

Both computers are using Windows 10 Pro and Illustrator 24.0.1

I have attached a video so you can see the bug, I also show it on two fonts and a shape which works but the alignment of a stroke and stroke profile don't work on live text.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Color Picker Selects White Instead of Black

Very bizarre problem:

1. I will create a new object using the pen tool.

2. I select the Stroke Color icon and choose black for a border color.

3. Illustrator will invariably select white instead of black. I will have to go back to the color picker and select black again for it to stick. Really irritating.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Spot color names are incorrect in other applications

I'm using Illustrator 2020 (24.0.1) on macOS Mojave (10.14.6) in Japanese.

Opened an Illustrator 2020 file containing spot colors with Japanese names in Acrobat or place it to InDesign, the names are not as expected.

I can use English names for the new ones, but changing InDesign ink settings in all existing files can be difficult.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Impossible to sample colors outside of Illustrator using the color picker / eyedropper (Windows 10)

Sampling colors outside of the Illustrator is impossible on Windows/PC.

When you drag the eyedropper tool to sample a color (for example from an image in another app or web browser) the eyedropper tool stops functioning correctly once outside of Illustrator. Its "sample" turns into pure black or white.

This has been a problem at least since version 23 (maybe older). Just updated to v 24.0.1 (Illustrator 2020), still persists.

The same feature is working perfectly fine in Photoshop.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Gradient issues

2 problems in CC2020 on Mac OSX 10.15.1:
    1. Gradient annotator doesn't show on expanded shapes
    2. gradients inconsistently applying -- see attachment

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1)Kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue and share with us .
    2) Is this file specific or happens with any object in a newly created file also?
    3) Kindly share your preferences folder with us in a zip File
    MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings//
    Win: C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings

Kindly share the requested information at ShareWithAI@adobe.com in a Zip file.
    Please mention the title of this issue as the subject of the mail.

Thanks and Regards
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

10. Gradient panel causes bugs

The gradient panel really makes me nervous. On rare occasions when dropping a color onto a gradient handle to change it, Illustrator suddenly just closes without a warning. Just gone in a split second along with all my work. No auto save. Nothing. It even won't show my recently opened files when I open it back up. This issue also happened the last time Illustrator was updated but then it was fixed. Please fix it again as I'm always SUPER nervous when I have to change settings for a gradient. I have no idea on how to reproduce this, other…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue.
    We are unable to reproduce this issue in house.
    Can you help the Illustrator team to isolate this issue further so that we can nail this down?
    If yes, then please let me know the following:
    1) Kindly provide some video , Test file(Via File→Package) & some steps with which you are facing issue
    2) kindly also share your preferences folder with us in a zip file. You would be able to find the preferences folder in the below location:
    MAC: /Users//Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings (Kindly press Command + Shift + G and write ~/Library and ok and then go to preferences )

Win: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings

Kindly clear your preferences by renaming your preference folder “Adobe Illustrator Settings” at above mentioned location and relaunch Adobe Illustrator . Kindly let us know if Adobe Illustrator still…

11. Eyedropper tool to show color values on hover like Photoshop does

Please can you make the eyedropper work how Photoshop does so that when you hover the tool over your artwork, it shows the color values of what is under the cursor in the Info panel. You can get the info by clicking but would be really useful with gradients to see what that specific value is rather than it picking up the gradient when you click.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Black Swatch becomes CMYK when dragged to object

Black Swatch in color pallette (between none and white lower left corner) colour changes values to CMYK when dragged to object on page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Recolor Artwork stops working if more than one document is open

If I have two documents open, I am unable to use Recolor Artwork under Color Guide. It just stops working. Nothing happens when I pull the sliders, click to randomly change the color order or click on color groups. It's broken.

Everything turns back to normal when I close the other document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Illustrator not selecting color from CC color library

I am using MacOS Mojave 10.14.15 and recently updated illustrator to 23.0.4.
    I've noticed that I unable to change my foreground/background color from selecting from my CC color library panel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Illustrator is changing around my CMYK values in saved swatches

Illustrator is changing around my CMYK values in saved swatches... For example. I punch in the CMYK values for PMS 427... and hit save... Then when I bring up the file it is completely different values

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Eye Dropper

Eye Dropper is not allowing me to change the color of text... super annoying!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. CC Library Colours automatically adding themselves to Swatches when used

Hey there,

My team and I have recently noticed an error occurring when using the CC Colour Library.

When selecting an object and then a CC registered colour, we get an error message that states: "A different colour with the same name already exists in your document. Please rename this colour to use it in this document."

What we have noticed is that the colour automatically adds itself to swatches the first time you use it in a new document and then this error pops up every time. As such, how can we disable this function so that this doesn't…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Color Undo not working

1. Select an object

2. Move object

3. Paste Hex code into color panel, hit enter

4. Paste Hex code into color panel, hit enter

5. Paste Hex code into color panel, hit enter

6. press 'cmd+z' (undo)
      The color changes are skipped undo jumps to 1. (Undo: Move object)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adjusting gradient on ONE selection adjusts ALL other objects with the same gradient

When I select ONE object with an existing gradient and then try to adjust it, it will change ALL objects that have that same gradient. Extremely frustrating.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. saving colors to adobe is disabled please contact your IT administrator

Illustrator 23.0.2 (64bit) and Windows 10 Versions 1809 OS Build 17763.379

This has happened numerous times over the past few months.

I try to create a new custom Adobe Color Theme in Illustrator. I am not able to do so and am given the error message:

"saving colors to adobe is disabled please contact your IT administrator"

I have tried restarting the program and signing out and signing back into my Adobe Creative Cloud but the problem remains.

Hope that helps - looking forward to a fix.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base