4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. saving colors to adobe is disabled please contact your IT administrator

Illustrator 23.0.2 (64bit) and Windows 10 Versions 1809 OS Build 17763.379

This has happened numerous times over the past few months.

I try to create a new custom Adobe Color Theme in Illustrator. I am not able to do so and am given the error message:

"saving colors to adobe is disabled please contact your IT administrator"

I have tried restarting the program and signing out and signing back into my Adobe Creative Cloud but the problem remains.

Hope that helps - looking forward to a fix.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't drag a color swatch onto a gradient color stop

macOS High Sierra, then Mojave 10.14.3
    iMac 2017
    Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 24 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
    Graphics Radeon Pro 570 4096 MB

I used to be able to drag a color swatch onto the color stops on the gradient slider, replacing the existing colors on the slider. Now, in Illustrator 2019, the vast majority of the time it only adds the color swatch as an additional stop instead of replacing it. So the gradient will go from 2 stops to 3 despite me only wanting to replace one of the 2 colors in it. I can…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Eyedropper doesn't sample placed bitmap right

When sampling color from placed bitmap image in illu, it samples different values the the values in the original file.

That way if I have a picture with dark black background and I want to place it on a larger canvas with text, I can't sample the black and create a larger vector shape as background. If I do sample it, the print will show a difference in color and will not be approved (or worse will be printed like that)

Support said I should open the file instead of placing it, but what should I do if I want…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Colours Suddenly change and go lighter

Running latest Creative Cloud on El Capitan, 10.11.5.

When working on a file, all of my colors suddenly get lighter, almost like I'm working within a group. When I look at the swatch color values they have the same hex as a previous doc, but don't display the same.

As a quick test, I exported the corrupt version as a jpeg and rectified the colour in photoshop by altering the levels.

At the time of the switch I was working with the rotate and extrude tool.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Illustrator CC 2019 spots not changing to CMYK

Mojave 10.14 I just updated to Illustrator CC 2019 and when I try and convert a spot colour to process it wouldn't enable when I click OK -

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Adobe Color Themes pop up is unnecessary and obstructive.

When using the Adobe Color Themes panel, there's a pop up that says "Click to set active color" when you hover over color swatches. You can't click on the color beneath the pop up without first moving the mouse off of the pop up. It makes using the color themes panel slow and obnoxious. Please either move the location of the pop up off of the swatches one is trying to access, or remove it altogether (or give us an option to disable it)

Turning off "Show Tool Tips" in preferences doesn't fix the issue.

It is also an issue…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow a custom swatch palette to be the AI default without using "Legacy File>New"

Unless I've missed something, it is not possible to use a custom swatch palette as the AI default for all new documents without using the "Use Legacy File>New" feature. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get my custom palette to be the default. Using the standard (non-Legacy) new document feature, I always have to navigate down through the menu to choose my custom swatches, and then it only applies to that one new document. About 99% of what I do is spot color artwork for silkscreen printing, so the AI default CMYK swatch palette is useless to me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Libraries now converts all my saved Spot CMYK swatches to RGB.

I can no longer bring in my previously made Spot CMYK swatches as CMYK. All my spot color swatches are converted to RGB. I can create new spot CMYK swatches that come in properly in a newly created library but anything created in the past or in a previously made library is now all RGB.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Pantone + color book will not consistently "sort by name"

I keep the Pantone+ Solid Coated book open always, but every time I reopen the program it reverts back to "sort by kind" instead of the "sort by name" I keep choosing and is my preference.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. gradients dont appear when copying and pasting artwork from illustrator to indesign

gradients dont appear when copying and pasting artwork from illustrator to indesign in the newest update - it worked perfectly last week before the update

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Appearance of Black Feature Not Working in Illustrator CC 2019

The "Appearance of Black" feature is not working after installing Illustrator CC 2019. I've tried to disable and re-enable the feature, however all blacks appear as rich black now. The document shown in the attached screenshot is in CMYK color mode. The black box on the left is 100% K only, the box to the right is C: 60%, M: 50%, Y: 50%, and K: 100%.

Previously 100% process black only would display as shown in the preferences window. I've tried to open an old document and create a new CMYK color mode document, however the 100% K looks rich…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Swatch name dosent' show

In the new update v23.0, in the swatch options if the spot color is a book color you cannot read the swatch name.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Colour dissapeared

I've just opened a file I've been working on and all the objects and text colour has gone to white... except for one thing that has been left green... any ideas?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Character Styles and Color Picker

Assigned a color value of #c0c0c0 to a Character Style. Selecting the same text and then checking the color in the Color Picker returns a hex value of #bfbebe. Ideas?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unable to click on colour swatches in colour guide panel with Wacom Intuos pen

It has been a couple of years now, and I still can't click on the swatches in the Colour Guide panel using my Wacom Intuos Pro Pen. It works fine if I'm using the touch setting to select the colour swatch but the pen will not allow me to select a swatch. I 3 pens and none of them allow me to do this. This issue has been ongoing with this tablet and pen and my previous one. I can't get a straight answer from Wacom or Adobe, they both claim it is the other that is at fault. No…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Eyedropping in Isolation Mode is Broken

In isolation mode, I'd like to eyedrop a non-isolated ("grayed-out") object to select its actual color rather than the dimmed color that's displayed.

Don't you think it's far less likely that I'd want to eyedrop the grayed-out color?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Color Reduction Options reset after restart

1. MacOS 10.13.5 / AI 22.1

2. changing "Colors" to all, untick "Preserve" White and Black

3. I expected these options to be saved and the same after a restart of AI

4. after starting AI "Colors" are always reset to "Auto", "Preserve White" and "Black" is always ticked

Some of the color reduction options are always reset after restarting AI, e.g. "Colors" will always revert back to auto and "Preserve" white and black will always be ticked.
    Colorize method on the other hand will stick.
    This is like this since at least a couple of versions, also on Windows 10 with AI 22.1

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Adobe Illustrator is Changing the Colors Defined in My Swatches?

I am trying to create a color swatch library that mages the Pantone color manage applications values... But I am noticing when I define a specific swatch and then reopen it the values are different then what I orginially entered.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Changing colour by pasting code doesn't register as a change / can't save.

I've got a pallette file (yes I should make a swatch), but that's not the issue.

If I copy the code from one colour, then select an object in a different file and paste the code into the box… The program doesn't register a change has happened.
    So when I "cmd+s" it doesn't register and my assets don't update in AE.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Color theme picker tool

The 'color theme picker tool' is missing from the latest version of Illustrator 22.10?

Any ideas please?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base