3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A bug compounded with rotated line gradients, arrows, and appearances

There are some conditions for reproduction.

・ Line with arrow
    ・ Set gradation to line color
    Two or more lines created by the appearance

It is good to change the line width or move by "deformation" to check the change of the overlapped line.

Rotate the object.
    Then click on the eye icon in the appearance panel to show or hide each line. The direction of the gradation of the line not touching should change one after another.

I have confirmed this phenomenon in all versions from CS6 to 2020.
    A similar phenomenon was obtained with the vertical axis reflect.…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Color palette overrides fill colors and color modes in Illustrator 2018

Hi, I am a design professor and most students in my class experienced a specific problem when we were doing an exercise to learn how to apply the correct color palettes to different logo files. Specifically, we created fictional identity designs as a means to learn how to create a production-ready bundle of files (a logo with versions in b&w, spot color (Pantone), 4-color process, and RGB). Almost 100% of my 18 students had their 4-color process file -- which was filled with CMYK colors upon designing, and should have stayed CMYK -- show up as being filled with RGB…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ブラックの色をドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100の色がリッチブラックになる

塗り(または線)を画像のように下のブラックを選択するところからドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100がリッチブラックになってしまった。 
ドラッグ&ドロップではなく、クリックで色を選ぶとBK100になる。スウォッチの中に入っているブラックからドラッグ&ドロップで選ぶとBK100になる。これはCS6の時からある
バグです。 

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New swatch is NOT global by default

1. Use the color panel to customize a fill or stroke color.

2. Drag the fill or stroke box into the body of the Swatches panel to create a swatch for the color.

3. Swatch is not global as stated in https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Touch Bar Color Controls are Broken

Touch bar controls do not change the color of objects when using sliders, and swatches save to touch bar but not to actual swatches panel. Cannot delete swatches from Touch Bar.

MacBook Pro Late 2016 + Latest MacOS

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Eyedroppper does not sample placed bitmaps correctly

Sampling a colour in a bitmap placed in Illustrator does not sample the correct colour value if the bitmap is placed using the "Link" option.

If the bitmap is placed with the "Link" option switched off ie embedded the the colours are sampled correctly.

I have attached a reference image which shows a placed, linked file in an Illustrator document. The squares at the bottom are colours created in Photoshop with their colour values indicated. The circles at the top are vector objects in illustrator with the colour values as the eyedropper tool sampled them.

Windows 10
    Illustrator 2020

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Illustrator CC 2018 crash on swatch library import

Hello,

Every now and again when I import a swatch library from the presets folder via the Swatches import menu from "Other Library"; Ai would crash the first round. When I open the file again and repeat the import process, no crashes occur.

This happened with previous versions as well.

Thanks and cheers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base