Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. edge lossy and distorted after exporting AI file as PSD

When I export file as a PSD, no matter, what size I export as, 150psi or 400psi, or CMYK or RGB….
    There is allways loss on the edges, and if my design is stripes for instance, each stripe as loss, and also appears slightly distorted with colour variation down one edge. See screenshot

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. All new & existing .PDF registering file type as only .AI

System: MacOS High Sierra

All documents regardless if they're saved as and appearing as .PDF have now all changed so under 'file type' it classes them as Adobe Illustrator Documents meaning you can only view these in AI rather than a basic PDF view.

This also affects the ability to view PDF after creation as it doesn't pop up like previously.

This wasn't the case previously it has just changed for me today.

Help?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. can't open files with cloud & arrow symbol

I use MacOS High Sierra version 10.13.6, I've recently noticed that when I try to open up older files (couple of years old) I get a cloud with a downwards facing arrow. I am unable to open these files though I can preview them. any ideas how I can open them please, thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  Ashutosh Chaturvedi responded

The downward cloud icon that you are referring to is a state when the file is present on the cloud but not present on your hard drive. Please download the file to your computer to access it.

4. Underscores in SVG id attributes won't get their CSS styles applied

When using ids in SVG elements with underscores in them, their styles won't be applied when opened in Illustrator.

Attached is a 281 bytes file showing the problem. Opening it in Illustrator should show the square being red.

From the XML spec:
    Note that COLON, HYPHEN-MINUS, FULL STOP (period), LOW LINE (underscore), and MIDDLE DOT are explicitly permitted.

https://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-xml-20081126/#sec-common-syn

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. File Bloat

I was tearing my hair out working with a file using multiple images containing patterns inside snowflakes. Every time I saved the file it got bigger and bigger even when nothing had changed except I was trying to rasterize images which was suggested to reduce file size. Finally after reading many other illustrator forum comments on this issue, someone suggested copying all the content and pasting it to a brand new file artboard. I did this and started an entirely new file with the same artwork, and when I saved this new file it it went from 240 MB to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Saving an EPS file hangs Illustrator

When I save a file to EPS, Illustrator either takes forever to save it or hangs and I have to kill it and restart. Saving to an AI file isn't a problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Illustrator v23.0.1 will not open files from the desktop action. Must open via Open Menu.

I'm having a minor problem opening AI files from the desktop with this new version. It won't show the document, and only shows the launch screen, and there I see the icon for my document, but even when clicking on that it won't load. I have to quit AI, relaunch and from there open my document via Illustrator's Open menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. PDF export no longer represents brushes used correctly

I have used some vector brushes in illustrato (see highlights). When file saved as a pdf the brushes no longer correctly represent what's in the file, they seem to lose a lot of their transparency. I sell the mentioned brushes on exchange (HighlightsandShadows Brushes) as well so I would like this fixed. Both viewing the pdf file and opening in ai show the wrong results.
    This problem has occurred since upgrading both mac os and illustrator to latest

However if i open the ai file in shop it looks as it should.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. SVG text export inconsistent failure 23.0.1

On SVG export, one text node receives ID as expected, the other is wrapped in a <g> and given the id that should be on the text node (which has no id).

I don't know how to produce this result—it's happening intermittently in a large existing file. I was only able to whittle it down to an example, but this system won't let me attach an illustrator file (lol)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Transparency Mask - PDF Processing BUG - Color Profiles

Transparency Mask - PDF Processing BUG - Color Profiles

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 10.10.25 AM.png
    Assigned Color Conversion

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 10.08.19 AM.png

Save As PDF
    Output Options
    - Color
    -- Color Conversion: No Conversion
    -- Profile Inclusion Policy: Include All Profiles

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unable to save to Illustrator 8 legacy format

Illustrator 23.0.1 (64-bit)
    Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64

File saved as Illustrator 8 cannot be reopened by Illustrator CC 2019 or earlier versions.

Create simple file (can be blank, but this doesn't show the full problem.
    Save as Illustrator 8 format.
    Attempt to ope.
    Error message (see screenshot) is displayed.
    Click OK.
    File then opens, but has no content.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Illustrator won't export SVGs - V. 23.0.1

When trying to export (for screens) artboards and/or assets, it does create subfolders but won't export any SVGs.

It does export PNGs etc but not SVGs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. CC 2019 hangs/crashes on quitting on Windows

Everything was fine until i signed out and singed in again the subscription license 2 weeks ago, on my Windows 7 system.
    Each time when i try to close Illustrator, it hangs. I tried the following, but does not work:
    - sign out and sign again the license
    - clean prefs and reinstall

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Save for Web

Hi,

This problem has persisted for a long time. On the image I have attached you can see that there is a vertical white line to left of the red square. When exporting the white line is still there – the only way to avoid it is to have the graphics stretched beyond the artboard before exporting.

Why has this never been fixed??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. the letter "i" is sometimes not exported to SVG

the letter "i" is sometimes not exported to SVG..
    For example: i tried to export the following paragraph to SVG:
    "Synchronization job is designed to perform file transfer between multiple agents back and forth, or perform one-way file transfer. Files in the shares can be modified, new file added and some deleted, and these changes synced to other agents in real time."

the word "file" always gets exported as "fle"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. sig malfunction

When exporting a svg for screens the height and width tag has gone missing in the exported svg-file so the appear in odd sizes in my projects – I worked in the pro version og ai – whish I hadn't upgraded :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Use of Asset Export panel modifies existing SVG when closing without saving changes

When using the Asset Export panel in Illustrator, if an SVG is exported with the same name as the currently open file, when that file is closed without saving changes, the existing file is modified.

Specifically, a <metadata> element is added to the SVG, which results in unexpected behaviour when trying to use the SVG in an HTML document for example.

This is part of my current workflow because Illustrator creates better SVG exports than XD. Therefore I am exporting an SVG from XD, then opening it in, and re-exporting it from, Illustrator. Every time I repeat that process, I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Not Responding every time PDF saved

Every time I save my work as a PDF file my Illustrator freezes for up to 10 minutes at a time. This makes productivity EXTREMELY slow and frustrating!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Saving as PDF includes Illustrator layers when "Create Acrobat Layers from Top-Level Layers" is turned off

I often iterate ideas on multiple layers, then use the "Save as PDF" option to export a clean version with inactive/hidden layers omitted using "Create Acrobat Layers from Top-Level Layers" de-activated.

However, I have noticed recently that when I re-open PDF files saved in this manner, the hidden Illustrator layers are still present, when the hidden data should have been omitted from the PDF.

Please correct this, as it's causing Illustrator to generate PDF files that are larger than they need to be, with the inclusion of hidden layers, which may also include reference images and templates not needed in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base