3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Illustrator 2018 Crashes

I have Surface Studio, 32 Gig, Windows 10. Today I installed the CC Updates and now Illustrator crashes every 2 or 3 minutes. I uninstalled Illustrator and reinstalled it, but the crashes continue. Finally in desperation I uninstalled Illustrator 2018 and reinstalled Illustrator 2017. At least now Illustrator is stable.

I sure would like to know what to do to fix the problem. You know it wouldn't be a bad idea if one could reach support with install problems.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

31 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clicking filled clipping path doesn't select it

I have a rectangle clipping mask around a circle (doesn't really matter). When rectangle has no fill, I click it and nothing gets selected — expected, fine. But when I fill my clipping mask and try to select it by clicking the colored area — it does nothing. It works for everything, except for colored clipped masks :) You have to drag over the edge only. It doesn't matter if you clipping mask is over or under (in this case, btw). I should work.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. paste in place

So I'm having problems with the Paste in Place command, sometimes it works great when I Copy or Cut something and paste it on other artboards but most of the times it is not working properly, either what I copied o cut get outside the drawing area or it goes to a random place, and at first I thought I wasn't selecting the artboard but even with the artboard selected it falls anywhere. I'm running Illustrator CC 2019, on windows 10.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug: Illustrator 22.1 Not Usable Since Mojave Update

1. Mojave update on latest Illustrator CC version 22.1

2. Basic usage of Illustrator

3. Use Illustrator normally

4. Random mouse clicks, movements etc making illustrator unusable. It's as if the interface and cursor just has a mind of its own sometimes. Even happening with Illustrator CS6 - Photoshop and InDesign CC have no issues at all.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Illustrator version 22 is not supported on macOS 10.14 (Mojave).
    Please upgrade to version 23 to resolve the issue.

5. Both Free Transform tool and bounding box treat narrow objects wrong

I don't use bounding box. It messes with my corner and middle points, it occasionally resizes my art when I just want to drag it by it's side and so on — so I always turn it of.

When I need to scale anything, I pick up Free transform tool.
    Alas, both of these marker-ish tools have same problem — they treat narrow objects completely WRONG.

See the file attached.
    For example, I have a perfectly aligned and sized magenta strip.

First, I try to use Free Transform tool to make it taller. AI transform my path not from the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Image Trace only creates a white box

The "Image Trace" function only creates a solid white box, regardless of what image trace option I select.

Using the new Illustrator CC 2018.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. UI freezes, then crashes. Can't save.

Last version is pretty unstable. Can't work with it, crashed several times since the update i made this morning. While working, UI freezes (but some tools are still availaible via keyboard shortcut), then crashes without message. Can't save when UI is freezed.

I'm going back to the previous version. Aren't you ashamed that EVERY TIME we update, softs become unusable for professionnal purpose?

Ho, and when will get ******' keyboard shortcut to rename layers? Is it in the current update at last?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. crashes consistently

Illustrator is crashing repeatedly with the latest update. I'm on a Mac with Mojave 10.14.5, my coworkers are on PC's and we're all crashing since the latest Illustrator update. No consistency to the tasks we are doing in ai to make it crash. Please fix!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Pasting symbols now creates unique symbols instead of instances of the original symbol

Copy-pasting a symbol--whether individually or by using the paste to all artboards command-- now creates a new symbol instead of creating instances of the original symbol. Alt-dragging the symbol to a new artboard creates a new instance of the original symbol as expected.

This seems to be a new bug, as I can't recall ever having this issue before. Thanks for checking into it!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pathfinder works wrong

I have an ellipse with radial fill and I want it to be partially cropped by rectangle.
    I select both rectangle with no fill, intersecting my circle, and apply Divide from Pathfinder.
    I expect middle part to have gradient, positioned as uncut circle, but it becomes clear.
    If i swap order of these objects, middle part has gradient, but AI resets it's position.
    AICC2018

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Groups inside compound paths

Today I'm going to bring you awareness to the way Illustrator treats groups in compounds.

For me it sounds strange already — why would I want a group inside of a compound path?
    What would I use it for?
    Ai won’t allow me to go isolate this group to edit its components.
    Ai would not show it in the Layers tree —for some reason we can’t expand a compound path to see its children, like we can do with the groups.
    Ai won’t give scripts a way to see these groups inside of compound paths — and this leads to…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dashed Line not working

Using Illustrator CC 2020 V. 24.0.3 on MacOS Mojave 10.14

The dashed line effect cannot be applied. As soon as I make use of the gap field, I can see a preview but then when I click anywhere the effect just disappears. And when I try to create outlines it just turns into a normal non-dashed line.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Dana,

I tried the same at my end but not able to reproduce the same. Can you please provide some more info regarding this issue:
    1. Are you facing this problem with some specific content or all the path types?
    2. Are you applying stroke properties from stroke panel or control panel?
    3. Will it be possible for you to share the test file?

Thanks
    Anish

13. Illustrator 2020 (v24.0.2) crashes consistently with "Can't Finish Previewing"

At a random point, it switches to outline mode, and then a dialog box opens and states, "Cannot finish previewing". Thought this was fixed in previous releases but since updating Ai its happening again.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. automatic quitting when clicking the red close button

When clicking on the RED "Close" button, Illustrator prompts me to either (Save what's on the clipboard" or "Discard". Then automatically quits. EVERY SINGLE TIME. This is NOT right no matter what your tech support peons were told to say.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Preview pane no longer displays preview of .ai files v24

Since the update to v24, I've not been able to see a preview in my preview pane for .ai files when opening a document. This is extremely helpful and hope that it returns.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. undo is broken

Undo is just wonky. I hit Undo, and rather than just stepping back one step, it jumps several actions backward, and the Redo steps can't even get back to where I was. I wish I could provide more info, but it's just jacked, so I can't trace the problem.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Pasting previously copied objects to random places

Illustrator pastes copied objects to random places outside of the view area.
    I have to zoom out and look for the pasted object somewhere outside the artboard. Since updated to the latest version of the software. Also updated the OS to High Siearra to give you a full picture.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Selection of multiple text objects - changing font not working

We can no longer change the font of multiple text objects at once.
    When multiple text objects are seleted, Ai thinks this is a 'mixed selection' and does not come up with the typeface selector. Slowing down my work incredibly.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Crashes when closing Illustrator

After saving the file I am working on and selecting to clear the data on the clipboard (or even if I select not to clear the data), Illustrator will freeze and the bring up the Adobe Crash report dialogue box.

I have tried to provide feedback in this box, but if I change any of the settings on the Crash report box or type any comments, this too crashes. Windows registers the programme as not responding and tries to find a solution (and doesn't find any) and then closes Illustrator.

In some cases, when I next open Illustrator it will…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sudden problem with embedded bitmaps

I use embedded bitmaps for additional texture in my illustration. Since recently updating to the newest version of Adobe Illustrator CC, suddenly I am encountering a lot of problems with these-- they print irregularly, and create glitches when saving to some formats, like pngs. I have never encountered problems like this before.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base