3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Welcome screen not opening

The welcome screen spins its wheels and the blue ring. Running windows 10 pro version 1809.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Basic or Advanced setting for toolbar does not work everytime I open Illustrator.

Whenever I open a fresh artboard of Illustrator CC 2019, I can't open the Basic or Advanced toolbar, It keep saying 'The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [CANT]. I have to redo customised toolbar again and again. Any fix for this bug? Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Illustrator randomly fails on select-paste

23.0.1 64-bit on Win 10 Xeon with GPU accel. Selection, copy paste text fails randomly. Copy seems to work but all paste options grayed out. Yet I can paste to NotePad and other apps. This has been going on for over a year. Have to double click or paste to another doc first. Please fix!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Rasterizing a clipped image/group of objects results in extra white space in the resulting image.

If I rasterize a clipped image, the result is the same size as the clipped image but with extra whitespace surrounding the clipping boundaries. Expected result, IMO, should be that the resulting image is only as large as the clipping object.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

does the image crop tool work for you?
    Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

5. tab

Above the top ruler I should be able to see a tab, or multiple tabs when several files are open. However all that is shown is a cropped "Ai" ident. This means the only way I can flick between files is by through "Window" in the top panel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. illustrator 2018 crash

illustrator 2018 crashes when I try to make a pattern. I'm using a 2017 macbook pro.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Unselctable and undo glitch

When I go to select a shape or text item sometimes the bounding box disappears. Even when I go to show bounding box (command + Shift + B) the issue isn't resolved. I don't do anything different and it seems to happen randomly. I have to restart illustrator to fix it but sometimes that doesn't.

Once the bounding box disappears I cannot track the type and if I move an item it goes back to its org place.

Additionally, when I hit undo rather than going back one action it will go back 4 or 5 actions. This only happens…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bad precision of the mouse/cursor

I am using Illustrator CC2018 on a MAC OX Sierra.

There is a huge issue with the precision of the cursor. It is super shaky, keeps on appearing/disappearing. It's worst when you hit Alt, cmd, or space. I can't see the tools I am using, for example, the cursor is always black, even if I am using the white cursor ( "A" tool).
    This is really annoying, even more when I try to work with my Intuos pen and tablet... It is simply impossible.
    Am I the only one experiencing that ?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Direct Selection Tool not showing bounding box

Hi,
    When I'm selecting an object using the Direct Selection Tool there is no bounding box to it or any other indication that the object is selected.
    I checked the View menu, and it is set on to show the bounding box, so I assume there is a bug causing this.
    It doesn't matter what kind of object I select, or whether it's in a group or not - the result is the same: no bounding box or even anchors are shown.

I'm using the latest release - 23.0.1 on windows 10 (updated).

Thanks
    Ori Manor

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Request to Contact Support  ·  2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pasting previously copied objects to random places

Illustrator pastes copied objects to random places outside of the view area.
    I have to zoom out and look for the pasted object somewhere outside the artboard. Since updated to the latest version of the software. Also updated the OS to High Siearra to give you a full picture.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Illustrator 22.1 crashes on quit. (Mac OS X 10.11.6 on MacBook Pro i7 Late 2011)

The latest Update to Version 22.1 won't work properly on my computer. Everytime I finish work and quit Illustrator, the programm crashes and freezes on exit screen, endlessly showing the rotating, colored ball (mouse pointer).
    I have to force quit, no other way to get around.
    So I switched back to Version 22.01 - everything working fine and smooth again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Rasterizing artwork Overprints being discarded

When you rasterize art that has overprints the overprints are being discarded.
    Illustrator CC2018 22.1
    See screenshots attached. The picture showing dragon scales are displayed as Vector art still and Overprint preview on. Once rasterized the scales disappear.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch on any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html .
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

13. Shortcuts not working, update cc 2018

I was using CC fine the other day, and now I've updated to the latest version (2018) none of my shortcuts are working, only the space bar works for moving around - very frustrating since it takes away my whole workflow and adds loads of time to creating something very simple!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Pixel Preview stuck the Program

I have Illustrator cc 2018.
    When I press Pixel Preview -
    1. It does not show a pixel preview - it keeps show the vector preview.
    2. It jams the software. You can't do any action, unless close the software. And than if you press pixel preview again - it will happen again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. IMAGE AUTOMATICALLY EMBEDDED WHEN DRAGGED INTO ILLUSTRATOR

THIS IS SCREWING MY WORK FLOW AND HAPPENS OUT OF NO WHERE

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I have the latest Illustrator CC 2018, it Lags horribly moments after launch and then crashes, I can't get work done, I have the latest imac

I have the latest Illustrator CC 2018, it Lags horribly moments after launch, Freezes and then crashes, I can't get work done, I have the latest up to date imac with 32GB of Ram.

Illustrator cc 2017 was perfect, 2018 is a nightmare!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Align Stroke isn't allowing me to place stroke on outside or inside of line on certain items.. Both options are greyed out.

Since latest update, Align Stroke isn't allowing me to place stroke on outside or inside of the line on certain items. I'm noticing this on both text and vector objects with "holes".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Got a black screen (WorkPlace)

Dear Sir/Madam

When i open Illustraitor, i got black screen work place, and I couldnt watch anything inside workplace, so could you please help me to solve this issue, thanks
    please find attached for this problem

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. If I have an illustrator file open, and then open a second, I can't view the 2nd file even if it's the one selected

I am having a consistent issue that any time I open a second file in illustrator, the view is always on the first file, even if I have the 2nd file selected. I have not found a way to resolve this so I can't copy and paste between files!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Illustrator problem

This is not ethical. I know that. But I want to publish this video. Just explain to me why these problems are caused. I've never seen any logical explanations until this time. And that makes me sad.
    Illustrator is very clumsy, slow, has bad performance, interface bad and exhausting.
    Example, I can't easily apply effects on an object or text. Restricts me with everything. These are very simple and the features that should be. I'm sure a lot of people think that.

Affinity is small size, more practical and user-friendly, faster and cheaper.
    Many of your competitors come up with…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base