3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Crashes in Windows 10 after closing Illustrator Version 23.03

Illustrator crashes in Windows 10 after closing Illustrator version 23.03. Please have your developers check this error. I am including a screenshot of the error everytime that Illustrator is closed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AI smartobject doesn't open from Photoshop

This is an old bug THAT IS BACK!!! Double clicking an AI smart object in photoshop opens Illuistrator but it doesn't open the object. You have to close Illustrator completely and do it over again until it works.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cropping is not doing what I tell it to do.

When cropping images after I type in the dimensions of the crop and hit apply ai disregards my dimensions and inserts its own dimensions. This is very frustrating and needs fixed asap please. I am running windows 10

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. No display of document when opened in ADOBE.

Document does not display when I scan to computer and then open it. However, when I've attached to an email, I can open and view it. I have a Lenovo, so its not just a MAC issue

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When copying/pasting an item(s) the color saturates

BUG! When copying and pasting shapes/images/etc in illustrator the colors over saturate (see my example ) In the example its very clearly over saturating the red and yellow color as well as the images. PLEASE FIX!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Eyedropper, bounding box, shortcuts don't work, Text tool messed up...

Illustrator CC 23.0.2 - Mac Mojave

1) The eyedropper tool is pretty much useless, because it doesn'tw ork on groups. I need to ungroup everything or make a compound path. This is very annoying.
    2) the bounding box sometimes disappears and I cannot bringt it back with the usual shortcut, i have to do it manually, sometimes even that doesn't work and I have to restart Illustrator. Also, the bounding box cannot be reset on objects like a perfect square when it's rotated 45 degrees. That means I cannot scale it properly. And also the bounding box always gets stuck…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. copy and paste only works sporadically with Wacom tablet. All AI versions up to CC 23.0.2

From at least version CS6 to CC 23.0.2 copy/paste when using a Wacom tablet only functions some of the time and I can't figure out a pattern to the behaviour. Using a mouse on the same system had no such problems. This is either using shortcut keys or the Edit menu commands. Problem on Win 7 Pro, although I've heard reports of it occurring on other O/S. This may be a partner to the "sticky rotate centre" issue reported elsewhere and which also occurs on my system.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Artboard Navigation control at bottom of screen v 23.0.2 (newest update)

Artboard Navigation control at bottom of screen shows up in the middle of the the screen when I use my larger screen. When I drag the window to my small screen and then back to the large screen, the artboard navigation control is back at the bottom. If I open a new file, the navigation control is back in the middle of the screen. This is version 23.0.2 (dowloaded and installed 3/6/19)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Blue horizontal lines

Is this normal? My imac is 3 days old and these blue horizontal lines show up in illustrator cc.
    imac w/ mojave

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Paste to Center [not working]

Illustrator 23.0.2 does not paste into the center of the art board, despite having already centered the art board in the window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Illustrator cc2019(v23.0)

環境設定でテキストオブジェクトの選択範囲をパスに制限にチェックを入れると、選択範囲がシビアすぎて全く選択できません。
    これまでのバージョンはパスの近くをクリックすると選択できました。
    選択できる範囲をこれまでのように戻してください。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. start up screen flashing black and white

when i open adobe illustrator the screen flashes black and white continuously and the menus close instantly when i click on them. i can open a new document by pressing ctrl n but cannot click on any of the menus.
    this only happens when i am signed in, which i need. i can sign out by quickly clicking the sign out button in the help menu before it closes again, but this is not ideal.
    this only happens in illustrator CC 2015, not photoshop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Illustrator won't open any files

Since the new update I am completely unable to open any AI or PDF file in Illustrator. Nothing will open, just the rainbow ball of death forever until I have to Force Quit. I've uninstalled Illustrator and even installed earlier versions with no luck. I've 'repaired' Creative Cloud with also no luck.

I'm working on MacOS High Sierra (10.13.6), Illustrator v23

A couple times I've gotten an error message that says: "cannot open ___ file because this file does not exist."

Please help!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

14. windows maximize only takes a 1/4th of the screen

whenever I full-screen illustrator flashes to fill the entire window then only fills the top left 1/4th of the window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,

15. Illustrator CC 2019 23.0.01 new file issue

I have updated to Illustrator CC 2019, 23.0.1. Every time I want to create a new file, I have to log into Adobe. Why and how can I stop this?

Barbara

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Warm Regards,

16. Can't move objects with key arrows

I can't move objects with my key arrows.. I have to move them with my mouse. Can anybody help me?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Warm Regards,

17. Reopens start screen. I am having the same problem: Start Screen/Blank Screen Persists Every time I close an Adobe window, AI, PS, Acrobat,

Every time I close an Adobe window, AI, PS, Acrobat, it leaves a "home screen" up. This is annoying in the extreme. I can uncheck show this screen in prefs, but then it just leaves a blank black slate up there. Equally annoying. This was previously posted and was evindently shut down by support. "When I close a document, I expect the app to not still be there in my way. Please fix this. We pay a bunch of money for access to these great tools of the trade, give us the ability to make them work like we prefer.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Uninstalling old version breaks windows preview handler for new version.

When uninstalling an older version of illustrator, the windows preview handler for AI files gets removed such that it no longer functions for newer versions of illustrator that are already installed. The only resolution is to uninstall the newer version and reinstall which can be a pain, or manually modify the registry entries to assign the PDF handler to AI files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. graph

When changing data in the graph data panel, it's changing the style of the graph itself. I'm used to the graph tool being rubbish, but this is now applying a gradient swatch to all the axis lines when it was previous set to no colour.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base