3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Frozen shapes and text boxes

When I am creating shapes or text boxes, the box freezes. Meaning I cannot resize or scale it, but I can drag it freely. All four corners turn blue as if I used the direct selection tool to select all four corners but I have not. This sometimes solves itself when I exit out of illustrator and open it back up. Sometimes I have to uninstall illustrator and reinstall it to solve the problem. Regardless, it happens at least once a day. And my job relies HEAVILY on illustrator to complete time sensitive projects. PLEASE help me find a solution…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bizarre Blending Behavior

When blending from one object to another, everything works great unless I want to expand the shapes, and then things get a little bizarre. i use this tool quite a bit and when expanding my blends, since CC 2019, I've never had a problem until now.

Not sure how to fix this other than rebuild the shapes... but this time it's a simple shape. Other times, it was not. Very inconvenient. Bewildered.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Using Batch... and "Override save/export commands" does not work

Example: I have an action that prepares a logo file, then saves to ai and svg, and exports to png and jpg.

I have it recorded as an action, and it runs great.

If I try to use "Batch..." to run it on a folder of images I have options to "Override Action 'Save' commands" and "Override Action 'Export' commands" that will let you point the save/export commands to a new folder. This is great in theory, but does not work right.

After running the batch, I only have 2 files. Not 4. The Save as AI then SVG steps…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Buttons in properties panel not recording in Action

When recording an action, there are things in the Properties panel that does not record properly.

Example: Flip horizontally/vertically. The buttons does not record, but choosing the same options from the Transform panel menu does record.

Is anyone maitaining Actions in Illustrator? It is awesome, but still needlessly limited due to many things not recording, forced hard-coded paths when recording save steps, etc.

Perhaps learn a little from Photoshop where actions work better (though still limited).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Action not showing all recorded attributes

In the Actions panel, most of the settings for some recorded tasks such as saving, exporting, etc. does not show up in the actions panel so I cannot even tell what file type the step is saving as. Is that intentional?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Expanding a Live Paint Object Changes Dimensions

Reporting a very frustrating Illustrator bug that has been there since version CS6 at least.

There is a bug concerning the Live Paint tool. Live Paint objects need to be expanded most of the time to develop them further in Illustrator. However, after expanding, the dimensions of the shapes get distorted and this renders the Live Paint tool completely useless for precise drawings or illustrations.

I hope something can be done to eradicate this bug as it extensively hinders workflow of many projects that need to be developed with Illustrator.

Thank you.

P.S. The same happens not only with imported…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. If I have an illustrator file open, and then open a second, I can't view the 2nd file even if it's the one selected

I am having a consistent issue that any time I open a second file in illustrator, the view is always on the first file, even if I have the 2nd file selected. I have not found a way to resolve this so I can't copy and paste between files!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Illustrator problem

This is not ethical. I know that. But I want to publish this video. Just explain to me why these problems are caused. I've never seen any logical explanations until this time. And that makes me sad.
    Illustrator is very clumsy, slow, has bad performance, interface bad and exhausting.
    Example, I can't easily apply effects on an object or text. Restricts me with everything. These are very simple and the features that should be. I'm sure a lot of people think that.

Affinity is small size, more practical and user-friendly, faster and cheaper.
    Many of your competitors come up with…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Gradient tool issues

1. Handles on on object's Gradient Annotator are difficult to adjust once a gradient has been dropped. Usually, handles simply don't respond. User needs to start from scratch and create a brand new gradient rather than make small adjustments to existing ones.

2. Repeated but not consistent bug: adjusting one gradient causes changes to unrelated gradients on same document.

3. Live preview of gradient tool is prohibitively slow, esp when gradient is anywhere near an existing Effect.

FIX: Allow us to toggle the preview effect.

1. Dropping a color onto the gradient slider, color creates a new color-point onto slider, immediately next to existing…
    2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Align to compound shape / key object bug (CC 23.0.1 / Win 7)

While trying to distribute spacing using the Align palette, I've noticed a strange align bug which only appears to affect compound shapes when trying to align to a key object.

Steps to recreate:
    1. Select two objects, one of which is a compound shape
    2. Make the compound shape the key object (click on it while selected)
    3. Set a distribute spacing distance in the Align palette, and click on the horizontal/vertical distribute spacing button.

Result:
    The key object moves by the preset amount set and the second object get spaced from the key object by the same amount.

Expected…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Relinking problems

I am working on a huge document with hundreds of linked images. All files are now changed due to company policy. So I need to relink a bunch of files. This is not possible automaticly so I believed I found a solution. But the shortcut was devastating. If i choose say 10 links which have the same name, lets call them Image1 but now the name should be Image01. Same image is in other words used in several places in same file. I marked the links and choosed Relink. So far so good.
    I choose the new name Image01.ai and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Default Template Folder

Version 23.0 no longer opens template files from the default "Cool Extras" folder. Instead it navigates to the last folder saved. Please revert this back as it is a huge waste of time creating new documents now.

This also occurs for scripts, but I use less frequently and have dealt with it. Unacceptable for template files however.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Split to grid on multiple artboards

Tdlr: horisontal guides made with "split to grid" go onto the first artboard, when they shouldn't.

I use split to grid to make myself a grid to work on and it works fine on a single artboard. But if i try to make split to grid on any other artboard than the first one, it sends the horisontal guides to the first artboard and keeps the vertical ones on the correct one. The lines stay grouped and can be moved, but it takes extra time and effort.
    This happended on different machines.

Writing this on a phone, but I can…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Selector tool glitch — element selected and deselected at once

Sometimes, elements will incorrectly be deselected, getting them into a strange state where they are seen as unselected in the layers panel, but being displayed as selected on the canevas. Most operations will not affect it (move and scale), but some, including align, will produce strange, incoherent results. It either stops at random or does not, needing a restart of Illustrator to be able to resume editing.

It has happened multiple times already over the last weeks, and I cannot see a pattern to it's occurence. Just now it happened while navigating the history where elements were being grouped/ungrouped and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Clipping masks release

When I reopen a document with clipping masks the masks are released. It is very frustrating remaking all photos each time I open to make edits.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. paste remembers layers doesn't work if original layer is hidden

Steps:
    create object on layer.
    Copy object.
    Hide layer
    create new layer
    paste object with new layer selected.

It will warn you that the layer you're attempting to paste onto is hidden. But....no it's not. I have the "paste remembers layers" checkbox turned off.

This is either a bug, or someone should stick close to someone who actually understands user expectations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Autosave disables itself

Windows 10, AI CC (latest release)

Autosave disables itself. When AI crashes - as it does - I get nothing.

I set auto-save for every 2 minutes in preferences. Then, after Illustrator crashes, I go back in to preferences to find it has unchecked that option. Nothing. I lose a load of work.

There are no expletives for how I feel about this. PLEASE sort it out?

:(

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Transparency in indexed images is not supported by Illustrator

If you place an indexed image (linked or embedded, it doesn't matter) that has transparency, the transparency is always drawn as white.

Workaround:
    If you convert the image to RGB and re-place; transparency is rendered properly. The main problem is that many users will not be aware of the difference between indexed colour images and the alternatives.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Illustrator CC 2018 crashes, when process runs in Batch.

I have a programmed a project that involves opening document, doing some changes, saving and closing the document. And again this process repeats on around 500 documents. Illustrator crashes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Some Dashed Lines make Ai crash

When typing these values in the Dashed Line fields:
    0 2 0 2

Ai crashes immediately, without a warning.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

1 2 5 7 9 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base